Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 11:42 AM

500 posts, read 701,626 times

Advertisements

3,000 Christians flee Mosul 'killing campaign' - USATODAY.com

Quote:
While the Christian community in Iraq's third-largest city has previously been targeted, local religious and political leaders say a new trend is emerging of assassinations and forced displacement based solely on religion.
So much for tolerance, peace and love the people here like to preach to us about TODAY"S ISLAM. Where are the moderates? sitting on their thumbs?

Here is one of many more examples of the intolerance, and hate toward Christians in the Islamic world.
LINK

Your responses are always welcome, just please spare us your history lessons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 01:04 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,924,382 times
Well, Christians are supposed to turn the other cheek and forgive.

When, years back, Christianity was a political power and the guiding principle behind many of the actions of nations, Christians also persecuted others.

Most Christian countries have reached a position of not allowing religious beliefs interfere with matters of state, so religion occupies a lesser position. Islam is a new religion and seems to be going through some of the same horrors that early Christianity did.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

So, although you don't want history, I would think that much of the world has learned that religion should not be allowed a position of prominence in a healthy country.

Old 10-13-2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Well, Christians are supposed to turn the other cheek and forgive.
That’s kind of hard to do, especially if you’re 6feet under, assuming they give you the proper burial, and not leave body with bullet holes for all to see.

Quote:
When, years back, Christianity was a political power and the guiding principle behind many of the actions of nations, Christians also persecuted others.
No one is arguing that. However, that was centuries ago, we, as the human race, have evolved from those days, or at least I thought we did. We are smarter, more tolerant and we value life.

Quote:
Most Christian countries have reached a position of not allowing religious beliefs interfere with matters of state, so religion occupies a lesser position. Islam is a new religion and seems to be going through some of the same horrors that early Christianity did.
I think today’s Islam is definitely going through what Christianity did centuries ago. The difference now is, with a click of a switch, they (radicals) can wipe out entire cities just because they (non Muslim exercise different beliefs.

Quote:
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
Agreed, but nowadays, it seems like Liberals and the so-called moderate Muslims are ignoring history for political correctness.

Quote:
So, although you don't want history, I would think that much of the world has learned that religion should not be allowed a position of prominence in a healthy country.
It’s not that I’m against history, I am just sick of the same tired argument of “crusaders”, “Hitler” and “Abortion bombings”.

Old 10-13-2008, 04:29 PM

10,603 posts, read 11,631,245 times
I believe that persecution or discrimination against anybody because of their race or religion is absolutely wrong, there is going to come a time when we all must learn to get along with each other and respect each other regardless of what we believe. My hope is that I will see it in my lifetime...

Old 10-14-2008, 08:33 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,924,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I believe that persecution or discrimination against anybody because of their race or religion is absolutely wrong, there is going to come a time when we all must learn to get along with each other and respect each other regardless of what we believe. My hope is that I will see it in my lifetime...
Yes. If we don't blow ourselves up before we learn that little lesson.

Christian Arab is so right, that moderate Muslims should speak up to counter the idiocy of the nutjobs in their religion.

On the other hand, there are nuts enough to be found in Christianity, and I don't see public condemnation of them by mainstream Christians, either.

I do not hear pacifist Jews decrying rampant, militant Zionism.

It is a sorry state of affairs, but I believe, in this point in the history of the world, religion is doing more harm than good. Or rather, it is most likely a cloak that people with evil intent hide behind.

I think moderate Muslims are afraid of their radical brothers. If that is so and you cannot express protest at their actions safely, maybe you should consider leaving the religion. If you live in a free country, you are perfectly free to part with religion. If you believe there is much good in your religion, don't you then have a responsibility to kick out the radicals?

There are many Jews and Christians who have parted with their religions over such madness.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:56 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,260,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Arab View Post
3,000 Christians flee Mosul 'killing campaign' - USATODAY.com

So much for tolerance, peace and love the people here like to preach to us about TODAY"S ISLAM. Where are the moderates? sitting on their thumbs?

Here is one of many more examples of the intolerance, and hate toward Christians in the Islamic world.
LINK

Your responses are always welcome, just please spare us your history lessons.
what is the meaning of persecuation?
if someone is christian kill somebody who is muslim in USA , is that mean that christians in USA persecutes muslims ? is the only coclusion that can i have is that he killed because of relegious reasons

beisde , can you give us spot of light about the reaction of governemnt and reaction of muslims in egypt toward those crimes ?

thanx

Old 10-14-2008, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Arab View Post
That’s kind of hard to do, especially if you’re 6feet under, assuming they give you the proper burial, and not leave body with bullet holes for all to see.
really , tell me then why christians of USA invades muslims of Iraq ?
what do you think ?

Quote:
No one is arguing that. However, that was centuries ago, we, as the human race, have evolved from those days, or at least I thought we did. We are smarter, more tolerant and we value life.
do you mean that it wasn't the problem of relegion ?

Quote:
I think today’s Islam is definitely going through what Christianity did centuries ago. The difference now is, with a click of a switch, they (radicals) can wipe out entire cities just because they (non Muslim exercise different beliefs.
name for me one event in today's Islam where muslims kill non muslims just because they are not muslims
even 11/9 if i supposed that attackers are muslims were for political reasons not relegious reason

Quote:
It’s not that I’m against history, I am just sick of the same tired argument of “crusaders”, “Hitler” and “Abortion bombings”.
we either
so let us get the facts which relegions teaches not what bad people did

Old 10-14-2008, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Christian Arab is so right, that moderate Muslims should speak up to counter the idiocy of the nutjobs in their religion.
we always do

Old 10-14-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
what is the meaning of persecuation?
if someone is christian kill somebody who is muslim in USA , is that mean that christians in USA persecutes muslims ? is the only coclusion that can i have is that he killed because of relegious reasons

beisde , can you give us spot of light about the reaction of governemnt and reaction of muslims in egypt toward those crimes ?

thanx
Good lord....I didn't realize I had to break it down. I'll make the text a little larger, maybe then, you might understand better.

Quote:
While the Christian community in Iraq's third-largest city has previously been targeted, local religious and political leaders say a new trend is emerging of assassinations and forced displacement based solely on religion.
And this one:
Quote:
Christian Arabs have increasinglyy complained of being marginalized in the Middle East, with large numbers leaving over the decades. Now it appears that pressure on these communities is spiking, whether in Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan or the West Bank. In each, Christians speak of specific national behavior that has made them feel less welcome. While governments are generally regarded as more accommodating than they used to be, the overall environment is seen as less hospitable.
If a group of Christian extremist going into Muslim neighborhoods killing/forcing people to leave while the moderate Christians are sitting there doing little to nothing to stop it, then yes, I consider that as being prosecution. I'm willing to admit that, why can't you? I even understand why Muslims hate America, but why kill your fellow countrymen? Because they are not Muslim? How is this the religion of love and peace again?

Old 10-14-2008, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
really , tell me then why christians of USA invades muslims of Iraq ?
what do you think ?

do you mean that it wasn't the problem of relegion ?

name for me one event in today's Islam where muslims kill non muslims just because they are not muslims
even 11/9 if i supposed that attackers are muslims were for political reasons not relegious reason

we either
so let us get the facts which relegions teaches not what bad people did
1- I personally think the Iraq was is WRONG. America didn't go into Iraq to kill Muslims, we went there to get rid of a bad man, and or oil, take your pick. Also, there are Muslim soldiers in the military severing their country (USA) proudly. Another point, there are Iraqi Christians also suffering from the war, yet your fellow Muslims continue to kill them because of their religion.
2- Try reading it again, sigh.
3- Here is the problem, Politics and Islam go hand-and-hand. If you want to find out more what and how Muslims are killing non Muslims because of their religion, then for the love of everything living, click on the two links I provided.
4- I am going by facts, and facts are that Muslim extremist are responsible of killing of non Muslims while the moderate Muslims are doing little to nothing to confront it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality