Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 04:03 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,225,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
If there really is a hell, I hope I'm going there. I want to hang out with all my friends in the afterlife.

-TT
How pathetically sad for you to think that way. I hope if you do have children or if you ever do, you change your tune about God and let them decide which road to take. I pray they'll take the less traveled.

Referring to Jesus as JC in your juvenile song is unbelieveable. Are you an adult? Any adult with any intelligence would not talk the way you do. If you don't believe, that's your business, but one day you will answer to God for your cute (NOT) remarks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2007, 04:09 PM

4,781 posts, read 2,083,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
...sorry about that. I never answered you.

No, I am 100% sure there is no such thing as a god or supreme being.

I DO however believe a man named Jesus Christ existed. I happen to think he was nothing more than a gifted magician, but nevertheless he was a man and did exist. Just like Buddha, Krishna, etc. All gifted magicians IMHO, who were marketed a certain way to achieve mass mind control.

Think about it. 1000 years ago David Copperfield would have been a god. Houdini? David Blane? Could you imagine that? lol. Our Lord David Blane.

When are people going to get over the god thing? You'd think that if after over 1000 years people were still trying to interpret the same book they would dismiss it as cryptic and frivalous and move on to the next on the NY times best seller list.

You asked, I told. Now hopefully the Admin will see my poll and put these threads in their own section. I hate responding to them but some just beg for it, lol.

"Rapture", lol. Nothing more than a B-side Blondie song to me.

-TT
I have felt Jesus in the room with me more than once so strong .That I did not need to see him to believe he was there. This feeling might be hard to understand for some. But , I pray God will speak to your heart and you too will feel that amazing feeling.

Your not going into a wood box . See, you will never be in one. Your soul leaves your body as soon as you take your last breath. I have witnessed this happen.
I have a feeling your not just on here to bash people !

Old 02-14-2007, 04:09 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,367,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post
How pathetically sad for you to think that way.
How judgemental to feel that way about ones beliefs.

Old 02-14-2007, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBNN View Post
But , I pray God will speak to your heart and you too will feel that amazing feeling.
You can always go to www.Goddonotcall.gov (broken link) to not receive any calls.

Hypothetically, let's say you were wrong and there is no God. What happens to you then?

Old 02-14-2007, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
How judgemental to feel that way about ones beliefs.

Judgemental? I don't think so unless all of you are judgemental as well of the believers. I'm not judging him/her; I'm commenting that it is sad, my opionion.

Old 02-14-2007, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Judgemental? I don't think so unless all of you are judgemental as well of the believers. I'm not judging him/her; I'm commenting that it is sad, my opionion.
So how would you feel if someone decided to respond to your post by stating "how pathetically sad for you to have beliefs in God".

Old 02-14-2007, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
So how would you feel if someone decided to respond to your post by stating "how pathetically sad for you to have beliefs in God".
I certainly wouldn't feel badly, just sad for someone thinking like that. And the person to whom I responded may feel very sad for me. That's okay because he thinks he's right, and I think I am. He's sad for me; I'm sad for him and one day, we will all find out.

Old 02-14-2007, 04:22 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,481,805 times
Quote:
I think your words were "pathetically sad", and that IS judgmental. And condescending.

Personally, I am a "non-believer", and I'm much happier and at peace with myself now as opposed to when I was practicing. I don't find anything pathetic or sad about that at all.

Last edited by mb919; 02-14-2007 at 04:24 PM.. Reason: clarity

Old 02-14-2007, 04:22 PM

Quote:
I certainly wouldn't feel badly, just sad for someone thinking like that. And the person to whom I responded may feel very sad for me. That's okay because he thinks he's right, and I think I am. He's sad for me; I'm sad for him and one day, we will all find out.

Let me add to my post above.

If he's right, none of us has anything to lose. If my beliefs are valid, the non-believers have ever so much to lose.

Old 02-14-2007, 04:24 PM

Quote:
I hope if you do have children or if you ever do, you change your tune about God and let them decide which road to take.
Do you have children? If so, will you be open-minded enough if they decide to take a path that does not have a belief in God? I'll have to accept whatever you reply with as being a truthful statement. However it has been my experience that the people who make that kind of statement to others hoping they will be open enough to their children will not follow their own advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality