Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 09:59 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,105,826 times

Advertisements

Is God back sliding?

God is said to have begun as the master of all.
From that position, He began to create the universe we see today.
He should still be master of all of it but many think that He has lost the perfection and control of angels, then man.

If He is no longer master of all then He is a backslider.
If He still is master of all then why is He not exercising this control.

It seems that many think that angels and man are masters of their own fate.
God has given up hell to Satan and earth to man or Satan depending on your point of view.
Is this back sliding?
I should point out that I believe that our universe is still perfect as is all that happens here but I am soundly criticized for this view. Few see perfection around us. They believe that evil has somehow snookered God.
They believe that God must return to set things right.
Your thoughts please.

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 10:04 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,578,790 times
I believe God is present with all of us and that the situation of the world is the result of man's actions. He will step in but he is patient with us because he does not desire that 'any be destroyed, but all should attain to repentance'. Therefore, even though some may feel that he should zap away the bad things we see in order to prove his love, his waiting is actually even a greater sign of that very affection.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:05 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,019,105 times
They may be waiting for an extremely long time if they are waiting for God to fix things. The Universe, as I believe, is unfolding as it is meant to, along with the peoples of earth. Perfection is in the eye of the beholder

Old 10-16-2008, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenavada View Post
I believe God is present with all of us and that the situation of the world is the result of man's actions. He will step in but he is patient with us because he does not desire that 'any be destroyed, but all should attain to repentance'. Therefore, even though some may feel that he should zap away the bad things we see in order to prove his love, his waiting is actually even a greater sign of that very affection.
Yes but has God back slid from master of all to master of some.

Regards
DL

Old 10-16-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Yes but has God back slid from master of all to master of some.

Regards
DL
He has always been master of all. But he is watchful master w/ a purpose. He isnt going to be bullied into retaliating. He'll do it when he's good and ready.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenavada View Post
He has always been master of all. But he is watchful master w/ a purpose. He isnt going to be bullied into retaliating. He'll do it when he's good and ready.
Was the flood an example of God being bullied into retaliation. If not, what was it?

Regards
DL

Old 10-16-2008, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Was the flood an example of God being bullied into retaliation. If not, what was it?

Regards
DL
It was keeping a promise.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:57 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,520,408 times
No Greatest I am, the flood was a sign of God saying, "now this has just gone too far"

Now, you never answered my question about the toll to cross over your bridge!

Old 10-16-2008, 11:08 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,439,773 times
Quote:
Is God back sliding?

God is said to have begun as the master of all.
From that position, He began to create the universe we see today.
He should still be master of all of it but many think that He has lost the perfection and control of angels, then man.

If He is no longer master of all then He is a backslider.
If He still is master of all then why is He not exercising this control.

It seems that many think that angels and man are masters of their own fate.
God has given up hell to Satan and earth to man or Satan depending on your point of view.
Is this back sliding?
I should point out that I believe that our universe is still perfect as is all that happens here but I am soundly criticized for this view. Few see perfection around us. They believe that evil has somehow snookered God.
They believe that God must return to set things right.
Your thoughts please.

Regards
DL
You do err, because you think that ultimate control is power and God who has all power should control. This is not true. It is humans who want power. It is Satan who wants power. But God IS the creator and ruler of the world. That title can never be taken from him.

The bible even calls control of one person by another witchcraft. So, why would God who is loving want to control everyone and "keep them in line". That is abserd. God is not frightened of humans or Satan whom God created as one of his angels. So, God is still in control. God is still on the throne. It is God who will come and right this fallen world (he has through Christ's death on the cross and resurection, but the sinful are still allowed to remain for a time).

God is perfect. So to say that he has backslid is abserd. In fact your whole post is abserd. God is still God regardless of what his creation does, whether good or evil.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:13 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,439,773 times
Quote:

Regards
DL
Each of God's actions serves multiple purposes. The flood was both a judgement on the sinful. It also served as a water baptism of all of creation (symbolic). It also has left the imprint for all to see, and that is the fossil record. That is the entire fossil record, not just a layer of it. So we have evidence of the earliest parts of the bible (Genesis).

The flood also showed that God cares for the preservation of man and the animals that he created. I think that whole books and libraries can be written on the Deluge itself. It is very facinating!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality