U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 11:44 AM

895 posts, read 1,512,467 times
Ive heard better choirs, actually all it sounds like is one of those Yamaha piano effects lol.

Here is a real boy who sings better than the "angels"

Last edited by Bibi12; 12-01-2009 at 11:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 12:02 PM

9,621 posts, read 6,628,257 times
Default No Sale, sorry.

Since this was not posted in the "protected" Christianity sub, I can speak my mind, right?

The link provides a bad demonstration of a typical Digital Sound Effects amplifier set on "echo" (or "Cathedral" on some units) but with a very long lag time set into the system. I have that option on my professional Wharfdale™ mixer amp.

A true demonstration of angels joining in would require a video record of the event, with an unbiased professional audio recording team there to make sure there was no "foolin' around" with the switches on that Yamaha! Under those conditions, the "angels" would disappear.

Of course, those who want to believe in angels will, no matter what. Very imaginative stuff.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:03 PM

895 posts, read 1,512,467 times
Atheist japanese who invented digital audio and audio synthesizers are now making people think theyre hearing angels! LOL

Oh the irony...

There are so many better real human choirs then these Yamaha angels.. Here is a catholic mass, and there are no angels it's humans and it sounds alot more angelic than those recordings to me.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:41 PM

11,806 posts, read 13,712,279 times
I agree with rifleman's post above. An easy audio trick to reinforce already held belief about angels.

Incidentally, for those who don't already know, a relatively inexpensive pitch correction device can make a very poor singer sound like an 'angel'. And it's used in live performance, not only in the studio. Keep that in mind when you rave about what a great singer so-and-so is.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:29 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,231,670 times
I guess since the head honcho and lead instrument was kicked out of heaven, them angels probably need sum hooman inspurayshun frum teh hooman musicians to lead them in their never-ending praise and worship of teh creator?

Or do they just miss the head honcho?

Since he was booted, heaven must be awfully quiet - no?

Yeah, it all makes perfect sense once you have consumed too many beers for the day

praize the lawd

Old 12-01-2009, 02:55 PM

5,356 posts, read 3,297,954 times
Must not mock or ridicule,

Oh June and Miss Blue, this rule is HARD!

Old 12-01-2009, 04:55 PM

707 posts, read 2,279,415 times
the things people believe...

Old 12-01-2009, 05:30 PM

4,213 posts, read 3,386,250 times
I swear I heard The Angels singing on my radio just the other night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0ZKuqy1Pro

No offence intended, just couldn't resist.

Old 12-01-2009, 05:56 PM

7,917 posts, read 11,301,860 times
I just went back and listened to the original recording. There is no video, only audio. I own a keyboard that has a variety of effects including a simulation of human voices. After listening to this I can tell you that it sounds just like what I can play on my keyboard without the necessity of having actual singing angels in the room. This is an electronic effect that's been in existence since at least the 70's. Three Dog Night had a very good keyboard player when I saw them in Missoula, Montana in the early seventies and he had this same effect on his keyboards which sounds very much like human voices when he did a long solo. It's a little different because it's electronic but it sounds very real.
Also, I'm not trying to pat myself on the back but anyone who bought a ticket to this event also bought a ticket to the University Ballroom which included a performance by a group I was in at the time and the names of both groups were on the ticket. I think Three Dog Night outclassed us but we did our best.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:18 PM

9,621 posts, read 6,628,257 times
Default "It was Him, I swear to you on a stack of bibles!

Mick! I just knew you were in Montana that night!

"You can't always get what you wha...nnntttt..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality