Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2008, 03:08 PM

904 posts, read 687,439 times

Advertisements

One side believes in the Bible, the other doesn't.
The one's that don't, are bothered at the one's that do.
No proof either way makes this amusing.
There are some that know a spiritual way and no one can change their truth, so why do some try, is it just folly? Do the anti - God really think they have power over anothers personal experience with belief?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2008, 03:37 PM

4,498 posts, read 6,313,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
One side believes in the Bible, the other doesn't.
The one's that don't, are bothered at the one's that do.
No proof either way makes this amusing.
There are some that know a spiritual way and no one can change their truth, so why do some try, is it just folly? Do the anti - God really think they have power over anothers personal experience with belief?

I think the ones that do are more bothered than the ones that don't.

There has been plenty of evidence presented in this forum that shows this story is a myth and not an account of a real life event. That's not to say that something can't be taken from the story by those who believe. Myths are intended to illustrate religious points, not be taken literally.I'm not religious so it might be a little easier for me to see that.

I'm not anti-God and I certainly want no power over other peoples beliefs. If people feel threatened by an alternative point of view that's their problem.

Old 11-29-2008, 03:52 PM

970 posts, read 1,699,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
Personally? I just do it for fun. I enjoy debating, even if it's a pointless, fruitless debate.
(some arguments from the other side also make me - I did come here from FSTDT)

Old 11-29-2008, 04:06 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
I think the ones that do are more bothered than the ones that don't.

There has been plenty of evidence presented in this forum that shows this story is a myth and not an account of a real life event. That's not to say that something can't be taken from the story by those who believe. Myths are intended to illustrate religious points, not be taken literally.I'm not religious so it might be a little easier for me to see that.

I'm not anti-God and I certainly want no power over other peoples beliefs. If people feel threatened by an alternative point of view that's their problem.
If the flood is a myth, why do we have so many people from the past that claim to of seen the Ark on the North Slope of Mt. Ararat? Why do we have pictures from space showing us a large man made object at 15,500 feet on the North Slope of Mt. Ararat? Why do we have arial photographs showing us a man made object on the North Slope of Mt. Aarat? Why do we have eyewitiness accounts that say they saw the Ark and it is broken in two? And why then do we have arial photographs that say there is a man made object on the mountain broken in two? This is stated even by non believers in Noahs Ark. Why do we have so many oral traditions that speak of a global flood? There is a lot more evidence that points out that the story is not a myth. And you have to work really hard to filter out that kind of evidence. There are just way to many people over time who have given the account of what they saw up their, and their stories have to many details that cannot be denied. And a number of those stories are being confirmed by pictures from space. Especially the one's who have seen the Ark broken in two. Those reports are bing confirmed by others as well.

Old 11-29-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxolan View Post
Personally? I just do it for fun. I enjoy debating, even if it's a pointless, fruitless debate.
(some arguments from the other side also make me - I did come here from FSTDT)

That too . It is fun.

Excuse my ignorance but what is FSTDT ?

Old 11-29-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
If the flood is a myth, why do we have so many people from the past that claim to of seen the Ark on the North Slope of Mt. Ararat? Why do we have pictures from space showing us a large man made object at 15,500 feet on the North Slope of Mt. Ararat? Why do we have arial photographs showing us a man made object on the North Slope of Mt. Aarat? Why do we have eyewitiness accounts that say they saw the Ark and it is broken in two? And why then do we have arial photographs that say there is a man made object on the mountain broken in two? This is stated even by non believers in Noahs Ark. Why do we have so many oral traditions that speak of a global flood? There is a lot more evidence that points out that the story is not a myth. And you have to work really hard to filter out that kind of evidence. There are just way to many people over time who have given the account of what they saw up their, and their stories have to many details that cannot be denied. And a number of those stories are being confirmed by pictures from space. Especially the one's who have seen the Ark broken in two. Those reports are bing confirmed by others as well.
My very limited knowledge of the photos that you mention is that they were discovered to be a natural rock formation. I don't know the truth of this and I'm sure there are others here who can put up a better debate than I can on the subject. But if indeed there is a boat up there it really doesn't prove to me that this story is real.It could well have been based on a real event for all I know.But one thing that tells me its a myth is that the logistics of getting every creature in the world on a boat that size make it impossible. I know you will come back with the old line...God is powerful and can do anything...and I totally accept that that is your opinion. I don't feel the need to change your mind.

Old 11-29-2008, 04:24 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,617,514 times
Campbell34 wrote:
Quote:
Why do we have pictures from space showing us a large man made object at 15,500 feet on the North Slope of Mt. Ararat? Why do we have arial photographs showing us a man made object on the North Slope of Mt. Aarat?
Actually we don't have the evidence you're suggesting we do. There have been a number of documentaries on this subject that show the photographs and I've seen them on television. It just looks like a rock formation and nothing more. Also, wooden structures don't last for thousands of years. We have wooden houses and other buildings that are centuries old but that's because they have been maintained. Wood will also stay preserved for a very long time under water but a boat at the top of a mountain would deteriorate fairly rapidly. That's not a boat, it's rocks.

Old 11-29-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
My very limited knowledge of the photos that you mention is that they were discovered to be a natural rock formation. I don't know the truth of this and I'm sure there are others here who can put up a better debate than I can on the subject. But if indeed there is a boat up there it really doesn't prove to me that this story is real.It could well have been based on a real event for all I know.But one thing that tells me its a myth is that the logistics of getting every creature in the world on a boat that size make it impossible. I know you will come back with the old line...God is powerful and can do anything...and I totally accept that that is your opinion. I don't feel the need to change your mind.
There are a number of pictures, and especially the one's from 1949 are obvious not a rock formation. And if there is a boat up there, it would have to be ancient, for all those who have seen it stated that the wood is like stone. Also, how would one build a ship in ancient times 15,500 feet up on a mountain without oxygen? And why would a rock formation have triple decks with cages in it?

Old 11-29-2008, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Campbell34 wrote:

Actually we don't have the evidence you're suggesting we do. There have been a number of documentaries on this subject that show the photographs and I've seen them on television. It just looks like a rock formation and nothing more. Also, wooden structures don't last for thousands of years. We have wooden houses and other buildings that are centuries old but that's because they have been maintained. Wood will also stay preserved for a very long time under water but a boat at the top of a mountain would deteriorate fairly rapidly. That's not a boat, it's rocks.
Many of the documentaries have not gone into the details or the accounts, and a number of stories do exist that speak of triple decks and cages inside seen by others. And those who have seen it up close, and report such will tell you the wood now is like stone. Yet they will also tell you it is an obvious ship. The ship is frozen in ice most of the time.

Old 11-29-2008, 04:33 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,617,514 times
Campbell34 wrote:
Quote:
And why would a rock formation have triple decks with cages in it?
I don't recall seeing the decks with cages on those photographs. Could you provide a link which might have a higher quality photography which would reveal those details?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality