U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 11-10-2008, 02:53 PM
 
417 posts, read 436,829 times
Reputation: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Their accounts are confirmed by others as well, and the last person who claimed he saw the ark claimed it is now broken in two. Recent photographs from space confirm that there appears to be two man made objects on the mountain in question, and it appears to be the same object that now is broken in two pieces. Also the object appears to be at least 400 feet long, only now broken in two. Those photographs confirm what the second person stated. There is so much more to this story, and I could give you a number of accounts, and they are all telling us the same thing. So we are not just talking about two people here.
Oh then it must be true! You've changed my whole belief system with this hearsay and photographs you're not sharing. Where do I sign up?

How did they know this was the Ark? Was there something written that said "Noah wuz here?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-10-2008, 03:10 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
24,405 posts, read 17,455,721 times
Reputation: 9792
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
We often hear that for a world-wide flood to have happened, the flood waters would have had to be at least 5 miles deep, in order for the highest mountains to be covered. (IE: Everest, etc) However...

What if.....back then all the mountains were WAY lower than they are today? What if Everest had been only 500' high?

And what if....the deepest parts of the ocean today, were only 500' deep back then?

What if....there was only one continent, back then? That split up, and drifted apart later?

We cannot assume that the earth looked even remotely the same back then, as it does today...we cannot pressume to know what the geologic conditions might have been. We can make a guess, but we really don't know...


Bud
None of that is possible in the time since the flood myth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2008, 04:58 PM
 
2,633 posts, read 3,159,224 times
Reputation: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
We often hear that for a world-wide flood to have happened, the flood waters would have had to be at least 5 miles deep, in order for the highest mountains to be covered. (IE: Everest, etc) However...

What if.....back then all the mountains were WAY lower than they are today? What if Everest had been only 500' high?

And what if....the deepest parts of the ocean today, were only 500' deep back then?

What if....there was only one continent, back then? That split up, and drifted apart later?

We cannot assume that the earth looked even remotely the same back then, as it does today...we cannot pressume to know what the geologic conditions might have been. We can make a guess, but we really don't know...
It sure is convenient to believe in Noah's myth just because nobody can prove otherwise.

I liked this thread because It dealt with such an issue:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...certainty.html
Quote:
So I've been thinking about this since I was a little kid (or maybe not lol). What if you/and the whole universe was created 1 second ago with fake memories? Can you prove this didn't happen?

Snap your finger. Now, are you 100% sure you just did that or could you have just been created?
Do you believe you were created 1 second ago? If not then why do you believe in Noah's ark and not this one? How can you assume the earth is more than 1 second old?

I'm pretty sure it's better to get you beliefs about the past based on what we can infer from the evidence we see today as opposed to anything and everything that our imaginations allows(or limits).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2008, 10:40 PM
 
7,654 posts, read 6,321,068 times
Reputation: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJLethal View Post
Oh then it must be true! You've changed my whole belief system with this hearsay and photographs you're not sharing. Where do I sign up?

How did they know this was the Ark? Was there something written that said "Noah wuz here?"
Well, they only assumed it was the Ark because it matched the dimensions given in the Bible, and it was found on mount Ararat which was the same mountain range given in the Scriptures. And because the vessel measured over 400 feet long, and was resting at an altitude of 14,000 or 15,000 feet. And because there were eyewitness reports that stated they could see what appeared to be cages still intact in the structure. It seemed likely, that it could only be the Ark.

Link below shows what some believe is the Ark.

SPACE.com -- Zooming in on Noah's Ark? Satellites Search for Ancient Artifact (http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/planetearth/noahs_ark_010823-1.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2008, 11:10 PM
 
7,654 posts, read 6,321,068 times
Reputation: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJLethal View Post
Is that all? Come on over then, the bible is a book of fiction (where the magic is concerned) with some references to actual places and cultural groups.

Welcome aboard.
Well there's the problem, I have personally saw some of that Biblical magic as you call it, and can tell you, it's not fiction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2008, 11:22 PM
 
7,654 posts, read 6,321,068 times
Reputation: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
What about Nostradamus-Book of Prophecy, do you believe in this one too?
Nostradamus is a Johnny come lately. And a number of his prophecies were taken from the Bible. And his prophecies are much more open to interpretation. The Bible is far more straight forward, and the writers of the Bible did not have to use tea leaves to aquire it's prophecies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2008, 11:25 PM
 
417 posts, read 436,829 times
Reputation: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well, they only assumed it was the Ark because it matched the dimensions given in the Bible, and it was found on mount Ararat which was the same mountain range given in the Scriptures. And because the vessel measured over 400 feet long, and was resting at an altitude of 14,000 or 15,000 feet. And because there were eyewitness reports that stated they could see what appeared to be cages still intact in the structure. It seemed likely, that it could only be the Ark.

Link below shows what some believe is the Ark.

SPACE.com -- Zooming in on Noah's Ark? Satellites Search for Ancient Artifact (http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/planetearth/noahs_ark_010823-1.html - broken link)
Inconclusive.

I might also remind you that if they found "the Ark," that doesn't mean the magic of the story is real. Many of us are open to a local man building some sort of craft and ushering in some sheep and cats (insert random animals here) to avoid a local flood. That's plausible. What is not plausible is the Noah's Ark Global Flood myth, and the idea that animals of the world got on.

When you get something concrete, let me know. We'll all be interested. I'll invite the werewolves, Keebler Elves and fairies to the party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2008, 12:37 AM
 
7,654 posts, read 6,321,068 times
Reputation: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Lol, ya, a mythological god. Or are you saying he really exists too? Cause you "proved" the bible in the same way.
Can you show me a Book that gives us hundreds of prophecies that fortells of your mythological God's first coming? And were those prophecies written hundreds of years before his first appearance? And if you can, are there other prophecies that tell us what to watch for when he returns? The Bible proves itself by fulfilled prophecies, and some of those prophecies are being fulfilled even in our time.

What prophecies can you show us for your mythological God?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2008, 12:55 AM
 
7,654 posts, read 6,321,068 times
Reputation: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJLethal View Post
Inconclusive.

I might also remind you that if they found "the Ark," that doesn't mean the magic of the story is real. Many of us are open to a local man building some sort of craft and ushering in some sheep and cats (insert random animals here) to avoid a local flood. That's plausible. What is not plausible is the Noah's Ark Global Flood myth, and the idea that animals of the world got on.

When you get something concrete, let me know. We'll all be interested. I'll invite the werewolves, Keebler Elves and fairies to the party.
So you believe it would be possible for a local man to built a ship which is over 400 feet long, and 3 miles up on a mountain to avoid a local flood?And you believe he might of brought some sheep with him? Did the local man also bring with him a supply of oxygen? And where would a local man that lived thousands of years ago, get a supply of oxygen? And how long would it take a local man to build a ship 400 hundred feet long and three miles up on a mountian?

This is the same quality of thinking that is required to believe Evolution. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2008, 06:28 AM
 
2,633 posts, read 3,159,224 times
Reputation: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well, they only assumed it was the Ark because it matched the dimensions given in the Bible, and it was found on mount Ararat which was the same mountain range given in the Scriptures. And because the vessel measured over 400 feet long, and was resting at an altitude of 14,000 or 15,000 feet. And because there were eyewitness reports that stated they could see what appeared to be cages still intact in the structure. It seemed likely, that it could only be the Ark.

Link below shows what some believe is the Ark.

SPACE.com -- Zooming in on Noah's Ark? Satellites Search for Ancient Artifact (http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/planetearth/noahs_ark_010823-1.html - broken link)
Well I hope that once the Kurdish problem is resolved and the mountain re-opened so they can send some people out there to see what that anomaly really is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:21 PM.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top