Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2008, 07:30 PM

33,507 posts, read 37,025,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Non believers in the Bible use to say that Israels two Kingdoms, and King David were just myths. They use to say there never was a King David, and thus there was never a King David's Palace either. However, that has all changed with discoveries of late.

Consider links below
King David: Man or Myth?
King David's Palace Found In East Jerusalem?

What we are finding with the Bible, is that every new discovery only leads us to the conclusion, that from the beginning, the Bible has consistently been telling us the truth. Every new discovery tells us, it's writings can be believed, and trusted.

Noahs Ark has been seen over the years by a slect few, and all of them tell the same story, and their stories are being verified by satellites, and photographs from space. Can believers in Evolution give us that kind of evidence?
Never did I say that there were not some historical facts in the bible...There are bound to be, but what has king David to do with the ark?

Hundreds of people have claimed to have seen bigfoot, hundreds more claim to have been abducted by aliens, thousands more claim to have seen ghosts...That doesn't make any of these things true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 08:46 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,951,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Never did I say that there were not some historical facts in the bible...There are bound to be, but what has king David to do with the ark?

Hundreds of people have claimed to have seen bigfoot, hundreds more claim to have been abducted by aliens, thousands more claim to have seen ghosts...That doesn't make any of these things true.
Sanspeur, did you forget what you said in post (294)?

Bible=Hearsay, not evidence. Since (YOU) made that statement first, I felt the need to remind you, that the Bible is a Book of truth that is being proven by historiacl discovery. If the Bibles Hearsay, was shown in the past to be in error, you would have a strong arguement. Yet the Bible continues to show us it is accurate.
And yes, hundreds of people claim to have seen bigfoot, ect. Yet, have pictures from space help to support those sightings? The pictures from satellites have help to establish, that there does appear to be two man made objects 15,000 feet near the top of the mountain. And the pictures indicate that they were once attached, but are now broken in two. And before those pictures from space were taken, we have eyewitiness accounts that stated that they had seen the ark. And they stated that it was broken in two. The pictures from space were taken years after those accounts were given, and those pictures only confirm what those eyewitinesses had already told us..

Old 11-11-2008, 09:28 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,020,848 times
Quote:
Sanspeur, did you forget what you said in post (294)?

Bible=Hearsay, not evidence. Since (YOU) made that statement first, I felt the need to remind you, that the Bible is a Book of truth that is being proven by historiacl discovery. If the Bibles Hearsay, was shown in the past to be in error, you would have a strong arguement. Yet the Bible continues to show us it is accurate.
And yes, hundreds of people claim to have seen bigfoot, ect. Yet, have pictures from space help to support those sightings? The pictures from satellites have help to establish, that there does appear to be two man made objects 15,000 feet near the top of the mountain. And the pictures indicate that they were once attached, but are now broken in two. And before those pictures from space were taken, we have eyewitiness accounts that stated that they had seen the ark. And they stated that it was broken in two. The pictures from space were taken years after those accounts were given, and those pictures only confirm what those eyewitinesses had already told us..
Showing historical evidence of one thing in the bible does not automatically prove everything else in it. Do you believe in all the mythical monsters in Homer's Odyssey just because he used accurate geographical information?

Old 11-11-2008, 09:37 PM

The bible is hearsay, but that in itself does not make it false...It just eliminates it as evidence. I believe that some of the bible stories are accounts of things that really happened, but much is not, including the Noah story. A large flood probably or almost certainly happened in those times, but I do not believe it was world wide. The rest of the story is I think fantasy.

There are films and many pictures of bigfoot and thousands of films and photos of ufos, but no solid evidence, as there is no evidence of a world wide flood.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Showing historical evidence of one thing in the bible does not automatically prove everything else in it. Do you believe in all the mythical monsters in Homer's Odyssey just because he used accurate geographical information?
The Bible is not just accurate geographically. It is also accurate when speaking about people, places, and things. And it is also accurate when considering the prophecies. I used David and His two Kingdoms as examples of that accuracy, yet numerous other examples could be given. Homer's Odyssey does not proclaim to be a Book of absolute truth, the Bible does.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:19 PM

Actually that is your claim....Many disagree with you.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
The bible is hearsay, but that in itself does not make it false...It just eliminates it as evidence. I believe that some of the bible stories are accounts of things that really happened, but much is not, including the Noah story. A large flood probably or almost certainly happened in those times, but I do not believe it was world wide. The rest of the story is I think fantasy.

There are films and many pictures of bigfoot and thousands of films and photos of ufos, but no solid evidence, as there is no evidence of a world wide flood.
Well you believe the flood story in the Bible is just a myth, because you do not believe in the integrity of the Bible. And there is a great deal of evidence for the flood, yet that evidence is dismissed or ignored because it does not agree with our days scientific correctness. If the flood was just a myth, can you explain why they have discovered the bones of whales 440 feet above sea level north of Lake Ontario? Another whale was discovered in Vermont, 500 feet above sea level, and another was found near Montreal-Quebec, 600 feet above sea level. Maybe these whales were those walking whales, because that is the only other why they could of got there. lol

Old 11-11-2008, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Actually that is your claim....Many disagree with you.
Well if they disagree with me, then please show me the evidence that refutes my claim. If there are many, that evidence should be easy to find.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:27 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,448,958 times
Quote:
Well you believe the flood story in the Bible is just a myth, because you do not believe in the integrity of the Bible. And there is a great deal of evidence for the flood, yet that evidence is dismissed or ignored because it does not agree with our days scientific correctness. If the flood was just a myth, can you explain why they have discovered the bones of whales 440 feet above sea level north of Lake Ontario? Another whale was discovered in Vermont, 500 feet above sea level, and another was found near Montreal-Quebec, 600 feet above sea level. Maybe these whales were those walking whales, because that is the only other why they could of got there. lol
Campbell, you have proved yet again, that you know nothing about geology and the forces that shaped our planet. You have said repeatedly that in your young earth model that the mountains rose after the alleged flood. Can you not see how whale fossils would have gotten there?

Old 11-11-2008, 11:51 PM

campbell, I have seen and even collected shells and fossils of sea creatures in our local mountains. The location I find them in was once sea bed that has been driven up by tectonic plates colliding on the west coast of North America, the same force that gave birth to the mountain ranges that stretch all the way down the Americas. The mountains are the source of many fossils from the sea. The Niagara Escarpment limestone was also once ancient sea bed about 450 million years ago. There is much you miss, or do not know when you dismiss science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality