Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 04:52 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times

Advertisements

I've never missed voting in an election. I was able to vote last week here in Tennessee which was very convenient and didn't take alot of time. It's not just the President and the national politics at stake, there are usually a number of important local issues that will also be decided by your vote so I can't see any excuse to just skip it. I also agree that if you don't like the two major party candidates there are other choices, even if they don't win they've received your vote. I think this OP is pretty dumb and not worthy of any intelligent debate, I just urge people to get out and vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 10:46 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,940,223 times
I'm not voting.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:53 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,553,903 times
I voted and I was energized to see so many people at my polling place - normally there is a line of 10 to 12 people this time of day - it was closer to 200! And there are only 1600 registered voters at my polling place

Old 11-04-2008, 12:35 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,460,010 times
I went early this morning. I was precisely the 200th voter. I have to admit, as I was standing in line waiting to scan my ballot into the machine, I was looking around to see what other people had bubbled in as their candidate.

I would say out of the ten people I "cheated" a glance at there were six for McCain and four for Obama. That's more or less what the polls have my state as at the current moment. Not that my observation of ten people is really notable.

I must admit, I live in such a conservative area, I was surprised to see even four out of the ten voters with Obama's name bubbled in.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:24 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
I love it.

I have to agree with NC~Mom, here. Most churches I have experienced and the people who go to them are quite anti-semitic towards people like homosexuals and those who support them.

I mean, here's an interesting fact for you. Ted Haggard, a man who has openly and forthrightly condemned homosexuality and the people who supported it; was about as controversial as any mega-preacher could have been and received weekly spiritual phone calls from George W. Bush - even after he was in office.

They're Feeling Haggard Over Bush Evangelical Advisor's Gay Drug Scandal

Article | The American Prospect

That was, of course, until Ted Haggard was caught with a transsexual prostitute smoking crystal meth.
GCSTroop...........I have been saying this and get slammed, but Mega-Church Leaders are NOT the Leaders of Christ. Eventually, they all fall and still people who want to be RELIGIOUS follow them every time.

Mega- Church preachers shouldn't be the example of Christianity. Christianity was never meant to be a 'MARKETING TOOL" as some are led to believe.

I say, pick the little church tucked away and you have probably found a TRUE Church and a TRUE Leader.
Not to say, all small churches are following the word of God, but the chances are much better, then the offering of COFFEE & DONUTS!!!!

Although, in defense of small churches doing the coffee and donut thing, they must keep up with the competition!!!

Old 11-04-2008, 01:33 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,460,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
GCSTroop...........I have been saying this and get slammed, but Mega-Church Leaders are NOT the Leaders of Christ. Eventually, they all fall and still people who want to be RELIGIOUS follow them every time.

Mega- Church preachers shouldn't be the example of Christianity. Christianity was never meant to be a 'MARKETING TOOL" as some are led to believe.

I say, pick the little church tucked away and you have probably found a TRUE Church and a TRUE Leader.
Not to say, all small churches are following the word of God, but the chances are much better, then the offering of COFFEE & DONUTS!!!!

Although, in defense of small churches doing the coffee and donut thing, they must keep up with the competition!!!
I was just pointing out the fact that people try to associate Barrack Obama with a "hate preacher" of sorts and yet those very same people probably voted for George W. Bush who had his own brand of "hate preacher". One, might I remind everyone, who was quite hypocritical in his words as my linked articles explain.

Nevertheless, I still don't even know what "True Christianity" really even is. It seems to me that it's all a bunch of perceptions. Some people seem to attach extreme elements to their beliefs and call it "True Christianity" while others seem to be rather docile and harmless in their beliefs and call it "True Christianity." Either way, all it does is show me that "True Christianity" does not really exist - it's all what people want it to be anyway and they define truth and falseness for themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality