Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2009, 08:11 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,345,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Yep. And that doesn't include an indistinguishably blurry dark lump taken by high orbit satellite.

I want pictures of those "cages" and "decks" et cetera. Ones that are clear and unshopped. I mean really, in all those visits you say happened to the Real Undisputed Ark, you'd think it would have occured to someone to bring along a camera and get some decent photos.

It's ridiculous really. All these visits and not one person brought a camera?!?!?! Atleast people who claim bigfoot can say he got away before they could snap the picture. It's a boat wedged in a mountainside! It isn't going anywhere.

The next explanation will be the pictures were taken but seized by the government in a cover-up conspiracy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 08:18 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,918,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird82 View Post
It's ridiculous really. All these visits and not one person brought a camera?!?!?! Atleast people who claim bigfoot can say he got away before they could snap the picture. It's a boat wedged in a mountainside! It isn't going anywhere.

The next explanation will be the pictures were taken but seized by the government in a cover-up conspiracy.
Which would be a ludicrous claim. Can you imagine the influx in money and tourism that Turkey would garner by actually having the ark? I can't imagine Turkey keeping it a secret and blowing off all that capital.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:45 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,211,173 times
Quote:
Which would be a ludicrous claim. Can you imagine the influx in money and tourism that Turkey would garner by actually having the ark? I can't imagine Turkey keeping it a secret and blowing off all that capital.
Actually they have a sign saying "Noah's Ark Country". If they did find out it is a lark, that pretty much puts paid to any possible tourism don't you think?

Old 01-28-2009, 09:15 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
SuSuSushi wrote:
Quote:
Can you imagine the influx in money and tourism that Turkey would garner by actually having the ark? I can't imagine Turkey keeping it a secret and blowing off all that capital.
That's a very good point. Why in the world would they want to hide it if they thought it was up there? It would give them alot of prestige and it would be worth billions in revenue. They could set up a theme park that would make DisneyLand look like a cheap carnival sideshow and Christians would come from all over the world to make the pilgrimage to the ark.

Old 01-28-2009, 03:53 PM

91 posts, read 122,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I don't ask for anyone to prove evolution, I simply do not believe it. I have never seen any evidence that could compare to the evidence I have seen for the truth of the Bible. Evolution is more about assumptions, then any real hard evidence. And I have listed a (great deal of hard evidence) for my belief in the Bible. Stories that non believers stated for years were nothing more than myths, have been verfied by historical discoveries, evolution has nothing like this. You know science would say that demons are just myths, yet I can tell you, I have experieced them first hand. I'm not here to waste my time, neither am I here to mess around. I know that Jesus Christ is returning soon to this world. The prophecies found in the Bible, and that are now coming from other Christians all point this out.
I must admit I am not convinced, your augument has shifted a bit and this could be construed as a tactic to keep appearances alive. I have read most of your threads and posts and you are able to effectively keep a debate going against difficult odds and that tells me you are smart and well read. What I can't understand is why do subscribe to a belief, you talk of demons, demons seem to affect people needing medication I am yet to find a normal, sane, well-balanced individual complain about demons! Help us out here what is our game?

Old 01-28-2009, 09:00 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
SuSuSushi wrote:

That's a very good point. Why in the world would they want to hide it if they thought it was up there? It would give them alot of prestige and it would be worth billions in revenue. They could set up a theme park that would make DisneyLand look like a cheap carnival sideshow and Christians would come from all over the world to make the pilgrimage to the ark.
Yet why for years has Turkey refused to allow anyone to go to the north slope of Arrarat? It is my understanding that restrictions are being lifted. I hope this is the case.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:13 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,938,468 times
Quote:
Yet why for years has Turkey refused to allow anyone to go to the north slope of Arrarat? It is my understanding that restrictions are being lifted. I hope this is the case.
I've only seen two cases of this happening and those could be for a myriad of reasons(bad weather, guys not having a permit....). People have been going to mount ararat for years now and there have even been groups in the last 2 years that have claimed to have gone there but haven't released any pictures.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:27 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,918,134 times
Quote:
Yet more misinformation from you, Campbell. Don't you research ANYTHING you post? Geeze.

I could go online today, and book a trek up Ararat.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:07 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
Yet more misinformation from you, Campbell. Don't you research ANYTHING you post? Geeze.

I could go online today, and book a trek up Ararat.
They have allowed people to go to Arrarat all the time, they just did not allow anyone to go to the north slope. A few years back a large scale effort from a group from Hawaii wanted to go to a fixed GPS location on the north slope of Mt. Arrarat, and Turkey refused access. Are you not (AWARE) of that? That was in the papers, and unless you live in a cave, you would of known that. And what misinformation are you saying I am passing on here?

Old 01-29-2009, 08:25 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,838,689 times
Quote:
They have allowed people to go to Arrarat all the time, they just did not allow anyone to go to the north slope.
But the photographs were once made for the imagination of Mankind, but now we don't believe that imagonation was scienticacally provable like in thise old behaviourist periods of the Exorcist (the movie). Our own personal imagination must figure out what and who was moral or immoral, what and who was responsible for the empirical fiasco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality