Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 09:49 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,439,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured_kidult View Post
Anyone who agrees with this post: I suggest you read the Tao Te Ching and look into reiki. You wont regret it.
seconded!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 12:20 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,323,898 times
I definitely believe that God and Energy are all the same. Energy can not be created or destroyed. I also do not believe in a strictly literal interpretation of the Bible. (Even some parts of the Bible tell you what not to take literally)

I believe that God is ultimate reality. The sum up of everything. I also believe that the son of God would be the physical aspect of everything.

I look at the ten commandments as Love God (Life Love and Truth) and Love others.

The "Personal" God so to speak would likely be the spirit that animates all life.

If there is a God, we are part of him. We make up the whole.
(This is a new "realization" to me so I don't think that I'm articulating it as well as I probably should)

Trinity:

Life Love and Truth.

Old 01-21-2014, 05:28 PM

1 posts, read 739 times
The reason we shouldnt replace the word god with Energy, is because we shouldnt be calling it god in the first place. Jehovah is gods name. We have this name to take our relationship with that hogher power to a whole new personal relationship. Spirituality, and religion, performed in the right manner, go together hand in hand almost perfectly. All it takes is belief. -from a former Jehovah's witness whos opened himsef up to myself and inner being. Beggining to see the correlations between what i had been taught then, and now. But thats just my journey.

Old 01-21-2014, 05:39 PM

392 posts, read 351,306 times
ALL of you have the wrong idea. God is beyond physics as we know it. He or it is all powerful and at the same time powerless. He exists yet does not exist.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:13 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,307,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
Do you believe that Energy and God are all the same?

What is your presumption of God?

What is your presumption of Energy?

How those 2 are different or alike?

I believe in the universal energy, the light from which everything is made, the same energy that is in all of us, and everything around us. Energy that can not be destroyed, and is transformed from one form to another. Take a look at a piece of plastic under the microscope. What do you see?
Energy is always at work, it was, is and will be, it will never die, it continues to create, change, exist. There are many laws of nature, laws of physics to explain everything about energy, light and how it works.
I too can call it God and righteously so, because in this case God is a Creator, an Energy.

But then, there is Christian God/Father.
For many Christians, believing in God is the same as believing in a material thing, such as table, or a donkey, or a dog, or a statue. We, as humans, use our senses to define things, smell, touch, see, hear. What we can not define becomes "unknown". While all of the material things are visible, Christian God/Father is not, because we don't have enough "senses" to see unseeing. Christian use word God/Father as a definition of something unseeing, untouchable, unheard. While God/Father (in my case is energy) is in all of us and around us, I don't believe in it as humanized creature floating somewhere in space and judging all of us.

Perhaps, if you believe in God/Father as Energy, and if you try to replace word "God/Father" with word 'Energy' in the entire Bible, would the Bible still make sense to you?
Perhaps, we believe in the same thing, perhaps not.

There is a lot more to say, but then, i'll be spending rest of my life typing.

Sorry for my long post, just my little perspective on things all "unknown"

Your views are about eight centuries old. Saint Thomas Aquinas used similar reasoning to explain God in the 13th century.

Old 01-21-2014, 09:56 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,307,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
in the 13th century.
Which is about how old this thread is.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:45 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,323,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Bachlow View Post
ALL of you have the wrong idea. God is beyond physics as we know it. He or it is all powerful and at the same time powerless. He exists yet does not exist.
To be all, and yet to be nothing.

Old 01-23-2014, 02:03 PM

689 posts, read 637,468 times
If in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God.
In the beginning the Gods created the heaven and the earth.

Matt 24:35
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Mark 13:31
Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

Luke 21:33
Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:28 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,678,753 times
The train is leaving the station, "Wooo, Wooo".

Old 01-28-2014, 02:44 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,528,591 times
if you consider God as = being, then Tillich's Ground of Being notion might be of interest
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality