U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-16-2010, 10:07 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,506,939 times
All ethics must also be the materialistic conversion of standards for the results for our ever more permanent CULTURE. n/t
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 10:10 PM

354 posts, read 446,042 times
ahhh thanks but no thanks for the video. u must have not read my post well. i said ACTUAL evolution occuring video not science fiction video.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:21 PM

1,272 posts, read 1,256,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txguy2009 View Post
What's funny is that Christians do not raise the same naive attacks on sciences which don't directly threaten their beliefs, like physics or chemistry (in fact all the christians on here rely on physics to communicate over the internet, and some likely use chemistry via pharmaceutical drugs to stay alive).
Yet when the same rigorous methods produce an outcome that contradicts their belief that all life was created by God they attack it. Very hypocritical.
Ain't that the truth. Some religious people of whatever denomination (not just Christians) will not hesitate to lambast scientific methods, findings, products and sometimes people that they view as a threat to their belief systems, but they have no qualms whatsoever with reaping the benefits of medications and surgeries and other tools of the scientific world, ones that came about by the very same basic underlying research methods and principles that gave rise to evolutionary theory, when it personally suits them. Oh, how convenient!

"Evolution clearly is garbage because scientists don't know better, but I'll gladly take those fertility drugs, thank you very much!"

Can't have it both ways, at least not if one wants to appear credible in any way.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:47 PM

24,630 posts, read 17,823,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baket View Post
ahhh thanks but no thanks for the video. u must have not read my post well. i said ACTUAL evolution occuring video not science fiction video.
Perhaps this will suit your intellect better.

YouTube - The Simpsons - Homer Evolution

Old 02-17-2010, 02:53 AM

9,621 posts, read 6,718,766 times
Default Ping. Pong. Ping. Ooops; you missed!

Quote:
i am doing the atheist stance that if i don't ACTUALLY see it, i won't believe it on human evolution theory. the fact for me is those shown evolution of many different species, including hominids is ONLY a theory. all i am asking is an ACTUAL video of evolution in action.
And all I'm asking is for an actual video of Creation in action.

As usual, you completely misunderstand "the atheist stance", which has nothing to do, necessarily, with science and it's basics. Which you also haven't a clue about. It's positively enlightening talking to you!

As we've all said, you've shown your preference for a totally incorrect definition of "theory" because you can't handle understanding the correct one. Sorry: you can't use a scientist's definition, incorrectly, against him. Followed by an infantile "neener-neener" insult. That's just plain dumb. But then, I suppose, considering the source....

Old 02-17-2010, 03:25 AM

6,584 posts, read 8,539,737 times
Quote:
well then where is the freaking video of that evolution? if i see one, then i am sold. why don't science make a documentary of their observed evolution if it is indeed occuring.
I realize they normally don't teach evolutionary theory in most schools until approximately ninth or tenth grade. So, I can understand why you're certainly so vapidly ignorant on the topic. Take it as a compliment. Not only are you a walking, talking example the OP of this thread was asking about but you're also a keepsake for the argument that America truly does have some of the worst schools in the world.

What part of allele frequency changes in a given organism over periods of generational time do you not understand?

Never mind, we can't even get you to write a sentence with a capital letter or punctuation. How could I even remotely expect you to understand what words with more than two syllables and strange, scientific-sounding names mean?

Quote:
i badly want to see that. has science explained why we walk on flat surface but the earth is round?
Is this a serious question? If so, then you're younger than I thought. Surely you must have taken an introductory geometry course by now, right? Well, when you do finally get to geometry class, let us know and we'll help you out with the tough stuff like shape familiarization and recognition. Once you learn what circles and triangles are, we can progress forward from there. Until then, I guess that whole flat surface/round earth thing is going to be a real mind-boggling thought process.

Quote:
coz i am seriously boggled...
Trust me. None of us are surprised by this comment.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:23 AM

7,884 posts, read 4,561,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Well you are right about one thing....You are not well versed in science at all.
I fear you are wasting your time Sanspeur. What our friend wants to see is a video of a croco-duck or a horse-fish or perhaps a monkey-man.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:58 AM

4,733 posts, read 3,506,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
This was indeed quite a fascinating read, but will be flatly ignored by exactly those who would best benefit from it! Or who start to read it but realize it probably applies to them.

Thanks for the find!
If you didn't already, check out the original research paper linked at the bottom of the wiki page. It's fairly accessible and both rigorous and pretty amusing at the same time.

This thread has several examples of the behavior mentioned in the paper.

Old 02-17-2010, 06:34 AM

354 posts, read 446,042 times
rafius: spot on. but of course i know i won't see that shape shifting phenomena because it "apparently" happened billions of yrs ago when electricity was not even invented. what i am asking is what the scientists are saying they are observing evolution happening right now. where is it? isn't that what discovery channel is for? i wanna watch it. badly.

i refuse to take their books' accounts of their observations. nor the know it all insults here just coz they read those books and proclaim they understand it and ridicule the people who is MERELY asking for the visual PROOF of said studies and observations as it HAPPENS.

Why do "scientific" people posters here think they are qualified to attack unscientific posters here who just want visual PROOF of science regarding evolution of man? like i care what they say.

Last edited by baket; 02-17-2010 at 06:46 AM..

Old 02-17-2010, 07:11 AM

7,884 posts, read 4,561,611 times
Quote:
rafius: spot on. but of course i know i won't see that shape shifting phenomena because it "apparently" happened billions of yrs ago when electricity was not even invented.
Actually my friend....it didn't happen at all, nor does evolution say it did. Your "shape-shifting phenomena" is a figment of your imagination....brought on by your total lack of understanding of what evolution actually is. OK!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality