Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2008, 09:23 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,442 times

Advertisements

Hi all- I have questions as to what everything thinks about the "conversations With God" series of books. I was born and raised CAtholic, then later explored other Christian faiths, but was always left dissapointed. After reading his books, I was amazed, if it IS all true, I'm all behind it, if not, well.. Me, like most Americans are goin thru tough times, and most people say their faith keeps them strong Me however, my faith is almost gone

What do you folks think about the "Conversations With God" series of books?
My long standing belief, is that I believe in God, always have , always will, but that while He loves us, and wants the best for us, we here ar e on our own, that He gave us all the tools we need here on Earth, but it's up to all of us to use them properly, which most humans don;t
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 09:31 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,065,882 times
I'm not traditionally religious but listen to Pastor Joel Osteen's podcasts. (they took him off the tv here in VT...guess the atheists didn't like him).

Old 11-13-2008, 09:36 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,302 times
muslims always says
if you wanna from God to speak to you , then read the quran
if you wanna to speak to God , then pray ( salat)

Old 11-13-2008, 09:41 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,918,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
I'm not traditionally religious but listen to Pastor Joel Osteen's podcasts. (they took him off the tv here in VT...guess the atheists didn't like him).
Oh right, blame it on the atheists. We don't give a flying fudge if you want to watch religious services on television, why would we get off our butts to evict them from tv? We're smart enough to just press the little button and change the channel.

When you make snarky little comments like that, you do nothing to advance the cause of your religion or your Jesus, you just make people annoyed and irritated with you.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:51 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,146,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Hi all- I have questions as to what everything thinks about the "conversations With God" series of books. I was born and raised CAtholic, then later explored other Christian faiths, but was always left dissapointed. After reading his books, I was amazed, if it IS all true, I'm all behind it, if not, well.. Me, like most Americans are goin thru tough times, and most people say their faith keeps them strong Me however, my faith is almost gone

What do you folks think about the "Conversations With God" series of books?
My long standing belief, is that I believe in God, always have , always will, but that while He loves us, and wants the best for us, we here ar e on our own, that He gave us all the tools we need here on Earth, but it's up to all of us to use them properly, which most humans don;t
Have a read and make your own assessment:

Occult: Conversations with a god

Old 11-13-2008, 02:54 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,016,755 times
I have read them and there is no occult there! Nonsense! They would upset fundamentalist Christians because they promote free thinking and spirituality instead of religion and dogma...but they are of value to those who make me seeking, questioning, and willing to be open to possibilities.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:25 AM

1,597 posts, read 2,146,119 times
I was looking for something that would explain some of the controversy, and it was one of the sites that came up in a Google search. As I said, you have to make your own assessment.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:29 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,938,468 times
I've read them too and I have to agree that many christians will not like it because at one point or another "god" will say something they would never expect her to say(I.e. views on homosexuality)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality