Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 09:11 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times

Advertisements

JESSE,who told you that cross dressing was the same as homosexuality? Size 4-6 clothes? Oh, now I am just totally jealous of you

Old 11-16-2008, 09:41 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times
Some excellent posts, here.

I would definitely follow the advice of blue62.

I, for one, think human sexuality (just like animals) runs the gammut. There are those who are born totally hetero and those born totally homosexual and others who at one time or another may have had experiences or inclinations in the other direction.

I would NEVER recommend that your friend go to a therapist who would set as a goal, changing him. It is right, that would just screw him up further.

He should get a counselor, though. Someone who would aid him in coming to terms with his issue about his father and looking for male approval in his life because of this problem. Once he feels comfortable with that, he can explore whether his drive toward men is diminished or not. He can explore why he thinks being straight is such a good thing.

You see, Will has to be happy with who he is. I think, if there are animals who are homosexual, God must have made them that way. Same for people. Not all of us is born in such a way that we can squeeze into that neat little box that some religions would put us into. We should not feel as outcasts because of the way God made us.

But the father is a big obstacle, either way. I think he should address that and it will help to clear his thinking a bit.
It is not uncommon for a patient to feel a strong attachment to his therapist for a while. I am not sure if a male or female therapist would be the most comfortable for him.

Will is very lucky to have a buddy like you. Having a steady friend through these tough spots in life is so helpful. Good luck to him.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:52 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,124,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICAGOLAND92 View Post
I undertsand there is nothing wrong with being homosexual, and what is wrong is when you act upon those homosexual feelings.
OMG. There is so much wrong with this question that I can't even begin to address it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICAGOLAND92 View Post
He has a bad body image, and I think that is what brought upon his homosexuality.
Wha??? Bad body image brings on homosexuality? Wouldn't the majority of teenage girls then be gay as well? Do YOU think YOU have such a great body that YOU have nothing to worry about? C'mon, post a picture of yourself. Let's have at it.

Maybe our criticisms of your body will make you turn gay!

Sorry, boy, but that's just plain wrong. Don't look to environmental factors to explain homosexuality. It's pretty much a given that it's genetically based.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:14 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,124,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
There are plenty of examples of people that wanted to get out of the gay lifestyle that have overcome it.
Really?

Name them.

NOW

Show us all who these people are.

And let's keep in mind that there are roughly 15-30 million gays, lesbians and transgendered people in the US (CONSERVATIVELY speaking!).

Lets see how many of these people have wanted to "escape the lifestyle" by grasping at traditional thought-forms of normalcy.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:01 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astron1000 View Post
OMG. There is so much wrong with this question that I can't even begin to address it.

Wha??? Bad body image brings on homosexuality? Wouldn't the majority of teenage girls then be gay as well? Do YOU think YOU have such a great body that YOU have nothing to worry about? C'mon, post a picture of yourself. Let's have at it.

Sorry, boy, but that's just plain wrong. Don't look to environmental factors to explain homosexuality. It's pretty much a given that it's genetically based.
Hey! To a woman there is often a more cloudy delineation between sex and love. Teen girls often do bond better with each other than they do with boys.

I think, if you look at nature without all our societal pressures, you see some animals that have a hetero mate and after the mate dies, a homosexual relationship can start up.

I do think there are hard coded people of both persuasions, but there may be a middle area that changes, perhaps with hormones or just opportunity. Look at the guys who become gay in prison, but are straight on the outside.

I think our heads are so screwed up by 'civilization' that we will not really see the full picture until gayness is not looked upon any differently by society than straightness.

These are young people, coming from, it would seem, a middle American background. They have not lived much, and so their impressions of life are pretty much given to them by their local value system of perhaps church and family, etc.

Life is bigger than the mindset of a Podunk, and there is room for all of us, but if you were from Podunk and trying to reason with/wrap your mind around, such a situation, you might think in this way too.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:11 AM

4,180 posts, read 14,591,613 times
It's important to show love and support for your friend. He is in conflict because of his age and religious beliefs. It will take him time to resolve this issue within himself. But, I believe being gay or straight has nothing to do with religion. It is just a part of who someone is and the conflict is not the person but rather how the person views society and acceptance. Hinting at his father's and stepdad's lack of support or his body image has nothing to do with his sexual preference. It's more innate than that.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:08 PM

554 posts, read 2,500,705 times
Quote:
OMG. There is so much wrong with this question that I can't even begin to address it..
It's not a question...

Quote:

Two keywords: I BELIEVE. I never said I was an expert, but that's just what I think. No need to get so defensive for no reason.

Also, this has nothing to do with me. This is about my friend. I don't know what you're gaining by critisizing me for trying to seek help for my friend, but it appears to me as if you have nothing better to do than start an unnecessary altercation that will not adress the original post.

Speaking of posting things, why don't you post this information that says its pretty much a given that it's genetically based?

Old 12-31-2009, 03:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,212 times
hello, i can help everyone who is stuggling with homosexuality, i have delt with it myself and am a survivor, this you can be also with my help and most importently God's Help! use this email to find me so that i can take you through the quick steps and you can be assured that this problem will be a problem no more! just ask for John when you add this email: machikhah@hotmail.com

i am telling you now, you will succeed !

Old 12-31-2009, 03:50 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_is_the_name View Post
hello, i can help everyone who is stuggling with homosexuality, i have delt with it myself and am a survivor, this you can be also with my help and most importently God's Help! use this email to find me so that i can take you through the quick steps and you can be assured that this problem will be a problem no more! just ask for John when you add this email: machikhah@hotmail.com

i am telling you now, you will succeed !
Survivor of what? it is not a disease, if you think you are cured you are just in denial and lying to yourself.

Old 12-31-2009, 04:28 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,411,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
There are plenty of examples of people that wanted to get out of the gay lifestyle that have overcome it.

The real difference is if your friend wants to give it up and allow Christ to work in him the overcoming process.

With God all things are possible.
Without Him... well nothing is possible that is lasting.

godspeed,

freedom
More religious BS.

One, "gay" isn't a lifestyle, it isn't a choice.

Religion is.

Two, even supposed "ex-gays" and "ex-gay" ministries admit that these people live a lie, that they are indeed still gay living in loveless relationships forced upon them by religion.

Truth Wins Out - History Of The Ex-Gay Ministries
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality