Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 10:32 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Ahhh...Then do you have any opinions, or do you rely on the bible totally?...I think it's a given that there are far more Christians than there are atheists, so I'll stick to my opinion that I'm not following the herd. Now this is just a guess, but I assume that you think you are one of the very few enlightened ones, and others that are not of the same belief as yourself will be damned...Of course this incudes not only other Christians, but all other faiths as well....But...What if you are wrong!
Of course I have opinions. And yes, I rely on the Bible totally because it's the Word of God. So just because atheists are in the minority you choose to be one? That sounds exactly like following the herd and not finding out the truth for yourself. It's just easier to not to believe because if you believed you would have to follow the Bible and be accountable? I'm saved, and with that comes enlightenment that I have an eternity to get to know my God and Jesus. That's something that I look forward to, no doubt. I'm not wrong, you are.

According to the Bible anyone who does not accept Jesus will not have this to look forward to. It has nothing to do with me.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG1 View Post
Hmmm there's alot of philosophical babble going on..anyway what it took for me to be a believer is a revelation from God himself, and before you question my affirmation, just understand that your mind and heart has to be opened in order to recieve this sort of enlightenment.
I never understood why there are soooo many know it all cynics when it comes to God as if he were the devil trying to harm you..hello you really have nothing to lose in believing in him and having faith.
Amen to that, KMG!!!

Old 11-24-2008, 10:34 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,005,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
Of course I have opinions. And yes, I rely on the Bible totally because it's the Word of God. So just because atheists are in the minority you choose to be one? That sounds exactly like following the herd and not finding out the truth for yourself. It's just easier to not to believe because if you believed you would have to follow the Bible and be accountable? I'm saved, and with that comes enlightenment that I have an eternity to get to know my God and Jesus. That's something that I look forward to, no doubt. I'm not wrong, you are.

According to the Bible anyone who does not accept Jesus will not have this to look forward to. It has nothing to do with me.
You know, we could say the same of believers.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:37 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Hmmm there's alot of philosophical babble going on..anyway what it took for me to be a believer is a revelation from God himself, and before you question my affirmation, just understand that your mind and heart has to be opened in order to recieve this sort of enlightenment.
I never understood why there are soooo many know it all cynics when it comes to God as if he were the devil trying to harm you..hello you really have nothing to lose in believing in him and having faith.
Believe me when I say in all sincerity . . . I am certain you have found the correct path . . . it is available to us all . . . we just block it out . . . each of us for different reasons. WHY you are on the path is relevant ONLY to you and God . . . BEING on the path is what is important.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arod0331 View Post
You know, we could say the same of believers.
What??

Old 11-24-2008, 10:44 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,005,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
What??
The whole "you don't know what you're missing, life is more meaningful on our side" anyone can say that. Us atheists are happy the way we are, you are wrong in assuming that we are "missing something or are incomplete in someway" I might say that you are miserable, incomplete and doomed since you do not have a personal relationship with the flying spaghetti monster.
But you persist in thinking that everyone is wrong except you, like you're the only one who has the truth figured out 100%
Well you sir, are wrong.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Believe me when I say in all sincerity . . . I am certain you have found the correct path . . . it is available to us all . . . we just block it out . . . each of us for different reasons. WHY you are on the path is relevant ONLY to you and God . . . BEING on the path is what is important.
What are you, a Universalist? It's not all okay, and it's not whatever path we choose is the correct one. We're not all going to eventually be reconciled to God so what you do doesn't matter, it's all good...and whatever other falseness you are trying to sling here....THERE IS A HELL, and it's forever.

Get a grip man, you've been watching too much Oprah.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:49 PM

943 posts, read 3,333,853 times
Well I don't claim to know it all when it comes to anything because I find that it hinders growth (spiritual and intellectual). I wish other people used that logic as well.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arod0331 View Post
The whole "you don't know what you're missing, life is more meaningful on our side" anyone can say that. Us atheists are happy the way we are, you are wrong in assuming that we are "missing something or are incomplete in someway" I might say that you are miserable, incomplete and doomed since you do not have a personal relationship with the flying spaghetti monster.
But you persist in thinking that everyone is wrong except you, like you're the only one who has the truth figured out 100%
Well you sir, are wrong.
Really? You're life has just been so marvelously wonderful and you've never wondered why it is that we crazy Christians insist that ours is better? Could it be that maybe we've been on both sides and we know what we are talking about? Been there, done that and living without Christ is empty and meaningless. You will never convince me that you are "oh so very happy" without Him. I know the truth.

What is it with atheists not being able to understand that there is no "I" in God? It's not about what we think, it's what God says!!! Yes I have the truth, and you do not. 100%. And that's madam, not sir.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:53 PM

777 posts, read 1,440,940 times
Quote:
Exactly!
When I realized that I couldn't "see" God, just by looking at Christians, I decided to find out for myself.
If He was real, I'd better get on His good side, so I went "all in" and accepted Jesus as my Savior and also my Lord.

One second I was an agnostic, the next second - it was like: "Of course, God is real!" and "Of course, Jesus is real!"

If one stays on the outside, one will never get it.
And the Holy Spirit is only given to the sincere.
There must be a commitment to beginning a new life.

That is exactly what it is - a new life.
Having been a sceptic and even a scoffer with feelings of loathing toward the religious, I much prefer my life in Christ.
He is my Savior, but He is my Father and my Friend.
It's so great to know that the Creator of existance thinks of me as His child.

Jesus has taken my sins (which separated me from God ) upon His own shoulders.
Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.
Romans 8:1,2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality