Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 04:39 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,623,378 times

Advertisements

Once when I was in Malaysia I went to a business just outside of Kuala Lumpur that was part of a sightseeing tour that lasted about half a day. It was a place where they had huge tubs of scorpions, which are the largest ones in the world, and they use the venom for medical research. They also had dead ones that are mounted in little boxes with a glass top. I bought one of them when I was there and I just went into the other room and measured it. From the tip of the tail to the end of it's claw or whatever it's called is five and a half inches. They're black as opposed to the light colored ones I've seen in Arizona. They also had some of those walking stick insects which are the largest insect in the world. Some were living in a glass box and others were mounted like the scorpion I bought. They were so big I don't think I could have fit it into the small carryon bag I always use so I didn't buy one but I've always wished I would have bought one and just mailed it home. They also had huge mounted bugs that were bigger than your fist.
And speaking of cockroaches, one year I was in Hawaii and I had one of those leather bags that you can put all of your toiletries in and one morning when I opened it up this gigantic cockroach came strolling out of it and about gave me a heart attack. Also, I got into a conversation with a waitress in Hawaii and she told me about the time she lived in a house next to a cane field and one day she came home and found a cane spider walking up the side of the wall. Some of them get huge and it scared her so bad she had to move out. Ok, does anybody else have any scary bug stories?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 04:59 PM

432 posts, read 1,664,794 times
SNAKES!!

I hate those things!!

Old 11-23-2008, 09:30 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
This isn't meant to be a serious question, it's just how my mind works. This morning I walked into the room where my computer is located and saw this weird looking insect about an inch and a half across with a kind of striped coloring. I don't even know what the hell it was but I immediately stomped it to death for breaking and entering my home. It might have been a spider but it seemed to have a kind of tail. I hate spiders and they scare me but if I'm confronted with one I'll engage it in combat until the spider is dead. Most of the creatures I detest are representatives of the insect world such as mosquitos, flies, bees and hornets. I'm just so grateful that spiders can't fly. I've added a new creature to my hit list and that is the mole. They've attacked my yard for months. I've counterattacked and killed three of them but that was months ago and they're still digging away. So I obviously have no deep philosophical questions on my mind this morning. I've been preoccupied with a creepy crawly which is now wrapped in a paper towel in the garbage can. Do you have any creature which gives you goosebumps and make you wince in fear that you could add to this lofty conversation?
Well, you just hit my weak spot! I say I have never hated anything or anyone but MOLES??? I hate them!!!!! Right through my garden, kill one (with GLEE) and another starts digging somewhere else! It's a conspiracy! they hate me and I hate them!!Evil plotting, nasty, little degenerate monsters from the depths of hell!!!I hate 'em!!!!!!!!.....and deer......

Old 11-23-2008, 09:38 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Which Of God's Creatures Do You Detest The Most? Easy question for me....spiders!!!! I HATE them, when I was little I couldn't say the word, I called them legs, because they have so many . If I had been Troop and saw that on my pillow I surely would have died and meet Jesus that very moment!!!! Any spider that comes into my house leaves in a body bag!

Old 11-23-2008, 09:41 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
sloths... most Creatures of the Deep... all the things Public_Newsense listed.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:45 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Which Of God's Creatures Do You Detest The Most? Easy question for me....spiders!!!! I HATE them, when I was little I couldn't say the word, I called them legs, because they have so many . If I had been Troop and saw that on my pillow I surely would have died and meet Jesus that very moment!!!! Any spider that comes into my house leaves in a body bag!
But, spiders are one of best small creatures of all...They trap and eat flies, mosquitoes and all kinds of other pests...Also I thought they were one of Gods creatures and have as much right to life as any other. Uh, I guess I'm a hypocrite because I have been battling carpenter ants for years now...Little buggers are trying to eat my house!

Old 11-23-2008, 09:45 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
sloths... most Creatures of the Deep... all the things Public_Newsense listed.
Sloths? Noooo! LOL I like them. Probably mainly b'c I'm slow moving so my sister calls me a 3-toed sloth.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:48 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
But, spiders are one of best small creatures of all...They trap and eat flies, mosquitoes and all kinds of other pests...Also I thought they were one of Gods creatures and have as much right to life as any other. Uh, I guess I'm a hypocrite because I have been battling carpenter ants for years now...Little buggers are trying to eat my house!
I agree about spiders. As much as they make my skin crawl, when I see one in my house I capture it and throw it outside rather than kill it. Unless it gets on me! Then my reflexes take over and I'm not responsible for where the spider then spends eternity--just not on my person.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:56 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yes I've heard that before about them, but I am just so afraid of them, I scream, really loud when I see one. Can't you get some spiders to eat those ants

Old 11-23-2008, 10:01 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Yes I've heard that before about them, but I am just so afraid of them, I scream, really loud when I see one. Can't you get some spiders to eat those ants
Too many ants...Not enough spiders. ..Need more spiders, so please send yours my way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality