Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2008, 08:26 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
So let me get this straight. A romanian pastor who spoke very little english and could not read english predicts six months after Desert Storm that we would go to war with Saddam H. again. So you think that he could have just predicted this with common sense? My husband who is ex military says no one could have conceived of us having to attack Iraq again so quickly after the total destruction of their military in Desert Storm.

Your statement is not logical. You are simply trying to justify your own belief. If it was that easy to predict things anyone could and would do it.
I guess I'm a prophet too then, because what happened in Iraq was exactly what I thought would happen...

All the other stuff you mentioned in a previous post are just common sense guesses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 09:12 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,617,566 times
Quote:
He predicted we would lose control of our southern border.
Since I am a south Texas native I'll bite on this one.

We've NEVER had control of our southern border. Trust me on this

Old 12-03-2008, 10:20 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,195,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well if it was all really nonsense, so would the return of the Jews to Israel and Jerusalem, and the sealing of Jerusalems East Gate. Yet, as the Bible stated, all that has happened. And the Bible tells us all who put their faith in Jesus Christ will escape the coming apocalypse. It's called in Scripture, the hour of temptation. All people covered by the blood of the lamb will escape. All others will not.
When the Muslims conquered the Byzantines in the mid-600s they ended the practice of banning Jews from Jerusalem.
The Ba'alei Tosefot returned in 1210.
In 1263 Ramban started a settlement outside the walls of the city (they later moved inside the walls) which exists still today.
In the late 15th and 16th centries large numbers of Jews resettled Jerusalem after being expelled from Spain.
How many times d'you figure the Jews have to return already?

Old 12-03-2008, 10:22 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,195,193 times
Quote:
My husband who is ex military says no one could have conceived of us having to attack Iraq again so quickly after the total destruction of their military in Desert Storm.
Leaving aside the semantics of whether or not we "had to", there were any number of people who could have (and did) figured out Bush redux was aching to go back into 'Iraq.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:46 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,167,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I would appreciate it if you didn't bring my people into your argument or even try to make comparisons that you know nothing about.osay
You have got to be kidding me? As much respect as I have given in my hometown...as much as I have gotten, and you are going to come out with that? How rude.

Is everyone at this site sitting on the edge of their seats ready to jump on the next person that posts one little tiny thing about their beliefs?

What I said was NOT out of line in any way. So no...I will not apologize for it. I will say that I am sorry that your spirit is so damaged. I wish you could have seen me more as a friend.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:09 AM

1,897 posts, read 3,492,620 times
Quote:
The prophecy will be found in Jer. chapters 50 and 51, and Revelation 18.
This was shown to me by God, and other Christians afterwards have told me that God had revealed the same to them.
Greetings, Campbell34: What is the context of Jeremiah 50 and 51? Let's see how chapter 51 begins:

"The word that the Lord spoke against Babylon and against the land of the Chaldeans by Jeremiah, the prophet."

Chapters 50 and 51 are the culmination of the judgments of God against nations and peoples of that OT time!

Chapter 47: Judgment against Philistia
Chapter 48: Judgment against Moab
Chapter 49: Judgment against Ammon
Chapter 50
: Judgment against Babylon and Babylonia
Chapter 51: Judgment against Babylon

Up to the point of chapter 50, God had been using Babylon as His instrument of punishment against other nations--now it is her turn to answer for her wicked ways! This is none other than that OT Babylon and Babylonia. A nation arose from the north and came against her. What nation? See Jeremiah 51:27, 28. "Call the kingdoms against her: Ararat, Minni, and Ashkenaz . . . prepare against her the nations, with the kings of the Medes." It is believed that the former names are associated with the Assyrian districts and the Medes, of course, indicate the Median kingdom. These are clearly all OT entities and these chapters, therefore, deal with OT peoples and events.

God had used Babylon to punish Israel--He, then, punished Babylon for doing so and for her other great evils! There is absolutely nothing in these chapters about Russia or any other present-day nations!

Revelation 18 deals with a symbolic Babylon--a symbol for that first-century, apostate, wicked Jerusalem and the reprobate Jews who ruled it. The judgment against her was predicted by Jesus in Matthew 23. It was she who was pronounced guilty of "all the righteous blood shed on the earth." At the fall of "Babylon the Great" and the judgment upon the "great harlot" (because of the the fornications of Judaism), those who had been martyred by her, were avenged. In Chapter 19, God is said to have "judged the great harlot who corrupted the earth with her fornications; and He has avenged the blood of His servants shed by her." These "servants" are none other than those martyred by that first-century generation of Jews. Jesus had declared that apostate Jewish nation: "Behold, your house is being left unto you desolate" (Matthew 23). Revelation is the fulfillment of that A. D. 70 judgment which shattered the power of the holy people as predicted by Daniel (Daniel 12:7).

God has revealed all that He is going to reveal in the words of the Bible. He is revealing nothing more!

Preterist

Old 12-04-2008, 07:26 AM

9,732 posts, read 4,062,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I guess I'm a prophet too then, because what happened in Iraq was exactly what I thought would happen...
Exactly when did you come to this conclusion? Dumitru made his prophecy in late summer of 1991. Less than 6 months after Desert Storm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur All the other stuff you mentioned in a previous post are just common sense guesses.
These are not common sense guesses! Your hatred of the thought that there might be something greater than you, causes you to reach for this conclusion.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Since I am a south Texas native I'll bite on this one.

We've NEVER had control of our southern border. Trust me on this

Firstborn, You are right, we've never had total control of our southern border. Have you ever heard of the Texas Rangers and the U.S. Army? In the past when mexican bandits came across our borders the Texas Rangers and U.S. Army would pursue them and bring them to justice. The point is Dumitru said we would no longer have the will to defend our southern borders. As you well know our border patrol is not even allowed to fire back across the border. Trust me on this

Old 12-04-2008, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
Leaving aside the semantics of whether or not we "had to", there were any number of people who could have (and did) figured out Bush redux was aching to go back into 'Iraq.

Aconite, You are missing the point that Dumitru made the prophecy in the summer of 1991, while the first Bush was in office. How would he have known there would be a second President Bush?

Old 12-04-2008, 07:54 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,213,605 times
Quote:
The Russian army today is made up of 50% Islamic people. That number will increase. We are talking about a future Russia, and not the Russia you see today. Russia in the future will try to resolve the middle east problem by getting rid of the main problem there. The Jews. The God of the Bible brought the Jews back to Israel for that reason, He will use the Jews to reveal to the world who He is. America is Israel main support. Before Russia tries to remove the Jews, they will have to deal with America first.
In the future, America will be a much weaker nation, and it will be easier for Russia to consider such a move.
You never answered the questions which is usual for you.

What has America got that Russia needs?

They can keep you in your place because bothe sides are capable of MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction)

Why would they invade the USA?

They learned their lesson in Afghanistan and that was right next door to them, how do you think they could provide logistic support for their soldiers?

You assume way to much if you think an expeditionary force will survive long in the USA.

The USA does not need Russia to screw it up, you are doing a fine job of it all on your own.

It is the USA that will permeate wars. When you leave Iraq, they may just move in to help clean up the mess - bye bye goes that oil and also the oil Israel is stealing currently from Iraq.

This is why Barrack Obama want to become oil independent. While the USA continues to consume 25% of the world's oil, you are at the mercy of the Arabs. If they, the Arabs form a coalition with Russia, then you will be rightly screwed.

If, as you say, they are majority Muslim, they need not set one foot in USA soil, they can isolate you and Israel w/o firing one shot.

The USA would be forced to "attack" and wage war far from home while Russia can support troops by land. No guessing who wins that conflict. They may still sell you oil at 200% of the going price.

It is "crazies" like you that see apocalyptic scenarios where there are none. Thank god, there is a new sheriff in town and he will work to form peaceful alliances. Were we to see another wingnut government in the USA, then likely stuff will get out of hand.

The religious right under GWB have really screwed up the USA and if the USA do not become part of the global community, the community will abandon you and you will degrade into a 3rd world state.

You think there is a coincidence that oil is now $100 cheaper than 4 months ago? Well with 40% of the oil reserves in Russia, that was strengthening their economy big time. Wall street was able to play the prices down but remember, the rest of the world has been hit hard by the USA's ineptitude. If you do not shape up, they will abandon you. You only constitute 5% of the global population and China and India are markets far stronger than the USA currently.

You may find yourselves with only the UK and Aus as Allies. Remember Africa during the cold war, the Russians supported the freedom fighters while the USA supported the colonialists. Africa has stronger "emotional" ties to Russia and China than the USA.

Do some Math:

China 2.2Bn
India 1.3 Bn
Africa 750M

W/o Russia, that is 4.25Bn or IOW >66% of the world's population.

USA 330M
Canada 30M

China already own the USA and can do what it wants with you by market manipulation. Did I mention, they still have a 9% growth rate? What is the USA's?

Nothing the USA can do to shift the power shift that is taking place. People still want the USA to be part of the community. Should you choose to engage in war and "support" Israel, you will merely weaken yourselves further.

So there will be no invasion but likely only isolation.

Like I said before, there is luckily a new sheriff in town so there is hope.

That is a scenario you can take to the bank. No bible or ancient "subjective" prophesies needed. Just reality.

Did I mention, SA produces 40% or the world's gold? Chile 20%? USA ?

When rather than if, the fiat currencies fail, who do you think will recover quicker?

Zimbabwe also tried to govern on ideals and the have a 18000% inflation and the only nation to have a $100Bn note. 27 years ago the Zim Dollar was stronger than the US dollar.

There is no rapture either. That was a RCC myth invented in 1830 and is not biblical. So you will have to battle it through just like the rest of us will.

It is appointed once for man to die, and then the judgment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality