Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 09:58 AM

1,281 posts, read 2,367,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
A family would have been mentioned by Paul or someone I don't believe this would have been left out.
It’s all based on your belief that they would not have left this info out? Who’s to say they didn’t but the editors did? Are you even aware that the people who wrote the books of the bible ARE NOT the same who compiled them together?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2007, 10:10 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
Oh sure I could see the hate of God now. How could a loving God take him from his family!!! Jesus came to save us from our sins not to live with a family happily ever after. There is nothing wrong with us having a family. People are covering up the purpose of Jesus life on earth. A family would have been mentioned by Paul or someone I don't believe this would have been left out. You must remember he left Mary and Joseph at a young age to start His mission as the Messiah. HE knew why HE was here on earth and it wasn't too produce children. We are always trying to put God and Jesus on human level what would the importance be if they were just imperfect humans like us. I just don't believe I could worship one that was on the same level as human JESUS was so much more then, human like HE was prefect and did all for the love of humans.
Where did you read hate for god in that? Assuming again. Jesus was human, cant be sacrificed and bleed if you are not. And who said that he wasnt perfect? Having a family makes him less perfect? God had a son, why shouldnt Jesus?

Old 02-28-2007, 12:10 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,744,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I know James Cameron is involved with t he movie, I would think he wouldnt ruin his reputation on a fake.
James Cameron has a reputation? For what?
He made up a story about passengers on the Titanic.
Created the “terminator” made up story about the future.
Aliens, more SiFi.
“True Lies”, now he wants everyone to believe his newest feature is fact based.

More of hollyweard’s attempt to trample on Christianity.
If they had their way everyone would worship Paris Hilton and Britney Spears.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
Aliens, more SiFi.

More of hollyweard’s attempt to trample on Christianity.
If they had their way everyone would worship Paris Hilton and Britney Spears.
Well he is an Oscar winner. You do know that he is just the producer of the documentary and not the one doing the investigating. There are experts involved. He made up a couple on the Titanic, but didnt distort the facts of what happened. Aliens? Come on he directs movies that are to entertain, it and documentaries are very differnet. And Just because someone seeks the truth and doesnt agree with something doesnt mean they are bashing anything. People need to get over that, there is more than one point of view.

Last edited by Nea1; 02-28-2007 at 12:55 PM..

Old 02-28-2007, 12:24 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,020,621 times
Quote:
Come on he directs not writes.
Cameron wrote Titanic, which was too bad because that movie was beautifully shot but the dialogue (I'm king of the world!) was absolutely pitiful.
I think watching this story unfold will be fascinating.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:25 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,367,468 times
Quote:
Aliens, more SiFi.
Some can see the difference in movies that are fictional and meant to entertain versus documentaries.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
Cameron wrote Titanic, which was too bad because that movie was beautifully shot but the dialogue (I'm king of the world!) was absolutely pitiful.
I think watching this story unfold will be fascinating.
Didnt know that, see learning things is good. Yea alot of the dialogue was bad, but the story of the Titanic was still told and alot of info I didnt know happened was told.

Old 02-28-2007, 01:20 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,744,264 times
Quote:
Well he is an Oscar winner.
So is Algore. Look at who voted for him. If you can’t see that these people have an agenda then you are truly blind.
It floors me that these immoral, dysfunctional, drug addicted, hypocritical, over compensated, idiots are taken seriously by anyone.

Old 02-28-2007, 01:26 PM

Quote:
So is Algore. Look at who voted for him. If you can’t see that these people have an agenda then you are truly blind.
It floors me that these immoral, dysfunctional, drug addicted, hypocritical, over compensated, idiots are taken seriously by anyone.
I think anyone who doesnt have an open mind is blind, or just afraid. I would like to see your proof that their are immoral, drug using, hypocritical idiots just because they may not have the same belief that you do. And what Agenda?

Old 02-28-2007, 01:27 PM

325 posts, read 1,408,394 times
Quote:
If you know it to be false you should have nothing to fear. All the religious people up in arms over this have nothing to fear so why rant about it.
It doesn't worry me the least little bit. Looking for Jimmy Hoffa in that tomb makes more sense to me than looking for Jesus there. I know where Jesus is, but where's ole Jimmy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality