Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 12:39 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,069,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allah truth View Post
Man is believed to originate in Africa. Then primitive man began to migrate to all parts of the world, and became isolated from each other. So since Europe isn't covered with as extreme sunlight the primitive man there evolved in an environent in which dark skin was unessicary. Races are resulted of human evolution isolated in various environent

Exactly. Eskimos in the Arctic have slanted eyes to protect from the cold. They didn't need dark skin, as they didn't have much skin exposed. The environment caused the people with certain attributes to survive better.

Nobody is denying evolution--we're just saying that evolution between species is not realistic and has not been observed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 12:41 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,116,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Okay you have to THINK scientifically to understand the question.
You want me to think scientifically , and your question starts off with “If all people came from Adam and Eve” LOL

But I don’t mind if you don’t take me to seriously, I try not to be to serious.
I just figured that if you wanted a scientific answer you would have left off the Adam and Eve part and would have asked it in the Science and Technology thread.

Namaste
Aeroman

Old 12-02-2008, 12:42 PM

613 posts, read 1,270,430 times
Existance is evolution

Old 12-02-2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
You want me to think scientifically , and your question starts off with “If all people came from Adam and Eve” LOL

I just figured that if you wanted a scientific answer you would have left off the Adam and Eve part and would have asked it in the Science and Technology thread.

Namaste
Aeroman

Don't most scientists hold to the theory that all human life came from a common set of ancestors in our fairly recent past?

Old 12-02-2008, 01:00 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,401,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post

Namaste
Aeroman
Based on the nature of my question, do you really think that I believe all people came from Adam and Eve?

Old 12-02-2008, 01:01 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,116,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Don't most scientists hold to the theory that all human life came from a common set of ancestors in our fairly recent past?
Oh, is that what was ment by Adam and Eve.

Well. in that case, I could look at it in a little different light.

But I still see humans as all one race.
My philosophy still tells me we are not different but all the same.
I just don’t like to separate people by there hair color, eye color or skin color, or heritage.
But thats just me.

Old 12-02-2008, 01:06 PM

I do believe in a literal Adam and Eve. I think science supports that.

I also appreciate the physical differences in people. It would be boring if we were all blond and blue-eyed.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:39 PM

247 posts, read 1,115,537 times
I think that the environmental answer is the most logical. If you'll notice, the worlds darkest people come from the equtorial region where there is always intense heat and sunlight. The whitest people come from places in northern latitudes where there is more darkness than light. To me, this is pretty good evidence for environmental evolution.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:15 AM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,603 times
As man moved farther away from the equator, the skin became lighter so more ultraviolet light could be absorbed and converted to vitamin D.
Here's part #1 of a #13 part series that can be found on you tube called "The Journey of Man"
It is a fascinating documentary.

YouTube - Journey of Man: A Genetic Odyssey (Part 1 of 13)

Old 12-04-2008, 07:18 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times
kdbrich wrote:
Quote:
I do believe in a literal Adam and Eve. I think science supports that.

I also appreciate the physical differences in people. It would be boring if we were all blond and blue-eyed.
There is scientific evidence that all living human beings share the genetic commonality of being able to trace it's origins to a single woman according to documentaries I've watched but scientists have never believed in a literal Adam and Eve in which their children had incest with each other in order to produce the human race. That's not a realistic or viable explanation. It is believed that there was a fairly small group of human beings living in Africa approximately 100,000 years ago and from this group there were migrations over many thousands of years to various parts of the world. These geographically isolated groups adapted to local environments and it resulted in what is known as race today.
Also you mentioned on an earlier post that there was no evidence of one species evolving into another. If you had been on this forum for a length of time you would have seen pages of examples of species who did exactly that from a number of members who went to the trouble of really digging into this specific information and what is really known about it. Of course creationists just ignored all of their efforts and continue to believe that a species is a fixed thing with limited boundaries but they're wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality