Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 07:13 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,069,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
So what do you think of the Jewish faith? They don't believe in Jesus either, and do you not think you are worshiping the same God that the Jews worship?

I think the Jews have an incomplete understanding of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 06:13 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,349,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
I think the Jews have an incomplete understanding of God.
What do you think they think of you for thinking THEY have an incomplete understanding of God?

The muslims believe in the same God as Christians and Jews, they just thing that Christians have a MISunderstanding about God & Jesus.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:37 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,339,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesasabia View Post
I have been reading articles on websites and I have gotten mixed reviews on this topic. I would like to know others thoughts/views on this topic. Thanks in advance.

I don't believe ANYONE on this forum is qualified to answer your question.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:29 PM

20,720 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
What do you think they think of you for thinking THEY have an incomplete understanding of God?

The muslims believe in the same God as Christians and Jews, they just thing that Christians have a MISunderstanding about God & Jesus.

Hi mommytotwo,

Then you don't know.

1 John 2
22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. 23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

If you get the wrong person you would not know my father either. He has passed away. I am therefore the only means to know who my father was at least here. He like hamburger more than I do for example(probably because my mother over cooked chicken and pork). You can say you know my father all you like but it would not be true without me. If my father sent me and you laughed me off, or beat me or even nailed me to tree , I don't think you and my father could be described as having an intimate friendship.

So essentially if you know anything about Christian scripture Christ is the foundation. It is really not even close to the same God or faith. Isalm and Judaism are actually much closer.

Judaism Muslim Christian
mono-nature
God: yes yes no

race :Israel Ishmael no

works: yes yes no

dietary laws: yes yes no

use of force : yes yes no

Earthy dominion: yes yes no

scripture :Talmud Koran Bible

Other than that they all like Moses and stuff.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:57 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,069,504 times
Quote:

Ask a muslim if their God is Trinitarian in nature. You'll find out pretty quickly that no...they don't believe in the same God.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:46 PM

1,217 posts, read 4,033,769 times
Well, let's see...does he expect you to wear a hajib?? Will you have a voice in your marriage? In your life? In the lives of your children? What if he suddenly decides to jet for the Middle East with your kids and you're stuck? Will you be able to speak your mind? Vote? Wear what you want? Talk to another man? Will you have to eat at a different table? Walk ten paces behind him? Cover your face? Never speak?

These are all issues that should be addressed.

As for whether or not you'll go to hell, the Bible doesn't say that marrying someone out of the faith will send you to hell. Rejecting the salvation of Christ sends you to damnation. The Bible does say that we should not be unequally yoked. Most scholars and pastors define that as meaning that we should not marry someone outside of our faith because it can cause us to backslide and even prevent us from growing.

Choice, of course, is yours. However, my first questions bear repeating and consideration.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Ask a muslim if their God is Trinitarian in nature. You'll find out pretty quickly that no...they don't believe in the same God.
Of course Muslims don't believe in the trinity. I believe I already said that.

But yes, it is the same God. Who you call the "father" is God, correct? In Islam, he's just God though, not the "father".

Same God.

You all just have an expanded view of who God is (i.e. father son holy ghost)

Old 12-18-2008, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
If you get the wrong person you would not know my father either. He has passed away. I am therefore the only means to know who my father was at least here. He like hamburger more than I do for example(probably because my mother over cooked chicken and pork). You can say you know my father all you like but it would not be true without me. If my father sent me and you laughed me off, or beat me or even nailed me to tree , I don't think you and my father could be described as having an intimate friendship.
I am not getting what you are saying here. Are you saying Jews and Muslims don't have an "intimate friendship" w/God but Christians do?

I agree that Muslims and Jews have a lot in common, more with each other than with Christiains.

Old 12-18-2008, 11:03 PM

790 posts, read 1,733,296 times
Quote:
Muslim men may marry "people of the book" that is Christians and Jews as the Quran is just the continuation of the Bible.
but the Muslim husband must ensure their children are brought up as Muslims

Old 12-19-2008, 12:04 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
but the Muslim husband must ensure their children are brought up as Muslims
She has stated that he is a non practicing Muslim, so that will just be another thing they have to discuss before taking that final step.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality