Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 07:46 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times

Advertisements

i got religion and i find jerry falwell as repulsive as any atheist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 07:47 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Actually yeah--atheism is a cancer of sorts.

If you continue to be hard-headed and and ignore God you will burn in hell. The good news is that you don't have to.
This is not the forum to proselytize.....

Old 12-04-2009, 08:05 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
Atheist seem to get really ticked off at people who hold religion ideals. I don't believe in organized religion, and can understand the sillyness behind most of it.

However, why do religious people anger you so much? How have religious people "oppressed you". Please share you stories, thoughts, and suggestions. I just want to know so I can understand the anger behind the Atheist movement lately.
People are free to have all the delusions they want, I could care less.

BUT when these people belittle me for not drinking their kool-aid, or worse trying to force me to follow their delusion through legislation, then they meet the unpleasant side of me.

From the annoying inconvenience of 'blue laws' which the greed of commerce has mostly done away with, to the far more outrageous of having a president that said
Quote:
This is a new kind of -- a new kind of evil. And we understand. And the American people are beginning to understand. This crusade, this war on terrorism is going to take a while. And the American people must be patient. I'm going to be patient. (GWBush 9/11/01 upon arrival on the south lawn at 3:23PM)
and has cost 100's of thousands of lives in the process, and the future of our country.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:11 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carico View Post
Are you serious? Let's see, most of the media is left-wing, any movie that contains language that curses Christ which is most of them, TV shows condoning homosexuality which include a few comedies, TV shows and movies which contain sexual content, violence and vulgar language, which is most of them, cartoons & stand-up comedians which use sexual content and vulgar language, etc.

That leaves the few Christian channels on cable.
On my fios channel there are about 15 to many Christian channels and its all fundamentalist/evangelical and that doesn't include the Christian shows that show up on reg. channels and then the Christian music. Most of it I have blocked because I don't want their brand of Christianity in my house....

Old 12-04-2009, 09:15 PM

598 posts, read 917,190 times
Why? 9/11 has shown the destructive power of religion -- once people are religiously mind-drugged, they are capable great destruction against humanity.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:23 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,395,985 times
Christians are the only people who refuse to leave me alone about religion. They are pushy, opionated, refuse to consider alternatives, and refuse to talk about anything else.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:57 PM

713 posts, read 1,957,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
Atheist seem to get really ticked off at people who hold religion ideals. I don't believe in organized religion, and can understand the sillyness behind most of it.

However, why do religious people anger you so much? How have religious people "oppressed you". Please share you stories, thoughts, and suggestions. I just want to know so I can understand the anger behind the Atheist movement lately.

Thank you.
THEY HATE THE STANDARD OF THE BIBLE.

They love pleasure more than the truth.

But true joy comes from following God.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:10 PM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperStar34 View Post
THEY HATE THE STANDARD OF THE BIBLE.

They love pleasure more than the truth.

But true joy comes from following God.
No we don't hate the "standards" of the bible. It's just that we realize that the bible is written by men long ago, and as such contains many mistaken ideas of how the world works....There is much in the bible that is just not true. As far as pleasure goes, yes we love pleasure as much as you do.

True joy comes from opening your mind to reality.

Old 12-05-2009, 12:56 AM

190 posts, read 242,285 times
I asked each and everyone of you this question..do you all have a relationship with Jesus Christ? In order to get to heaven you need to have a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ...you can except him and believe and be saved or lost forever...it is your choice

Old 12-05-2009, 02:19 AM

142 posts, read 249,627 times
I'm not an Atheist but I can answer the question from a believer's standpoint about why atheists offend me so much... just kidding I'm not offended by atheists. There are just two things that bother me about some atheists. I understand that they don't believe in God but sometimes they try to make me feel like I'm so stupid for believing in a God. It's like what? you believe in a god? Oh I'm soo sorry for you, you poor, gullible, unenlightened loser. Get a few more PhDs and you too will realize that God doesn't exist. Ok maybe that bit about PhDs was a bit much and could incite flames if I didn't make it clear as I am now that I am joking.

The other thing is that sometimes it seems like they are just looking to be offended by someone. Makes for some pretty awkward situations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality