Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2009, 09:05 AM

193 posts, read 842,879 times

Advertisements

I think it is so funny that some of you guys think mormons are "lost" and not christian when it is clear that you have never EVER studied the religion from someone who is actually a member or stepped foot in a mormon church. The things yall are saying are not even accurate to the mormon faith so it is obvious you dont have any clue what your even talking about. I mean we dont have a joseph smith version of the bible (dont know where you got that from) we use king james version. Bytheway a TRUE christian isnt out there trying to claim there christianity by telling people what they are and pointing fingers at people telling them they are not christian. I believe jesus christ died on the cross for our sins and I do get on my knees and pray daily. I accept him as my lord and savior..... So why am I not a christian again?? I think you need to take two steps back and take a look in the mirror before going out and telling people who and what they are. I think I would be the one to judge wether I am christian, not some stranger on the internet.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:07 AM

28,096 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moetman View Post
Ok, let’s look at truth found within the scriptures.

Firstly, Jesus Christ is God.
Yes, He is. He just isn't merely another manifestation of God the Father. He is the Only Begotten Son of God, the Redeemer of mankind, and the only means by which we may be reconciled to our Father in Heaven. He created our earth, walked upon it, offered up His life to atone for our sins, rose again on the third day following His death, and reigns today with His Father.

Quote:
Secondly, there is only one method to receive salvation and that is by the blood of Jesus Christ by his grace. No works can save you; faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and repentance of your sins are the only prerequisites for salvation.
You're right again. We believe that we are saved by His grace. There is not one of us who could conceivably save ourselves. That does not absolve us from the responsibility of doing everything we can to keep God's commandments. Our faith in Jesus Christ must be a living faith, not a dead one.

Quote:
I implore you all to test the truth by the scriptures and not the seductive subtleties of any faith that varies from the teaching of the word of God.
Oddly enough, that's what we believe, too. Test the truth by the scriptures and ask God for guidance and direction. He will reveal the truth to you by the power of the Holy Ghost. And the Holy Ghost does not lie.

Last edited by Katzpur; 06-07-2009 at 09:52 AM..

Old 06-07-2009, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Mormons are sincere, but they are sincerely LOST. They are not christians - far from it.
We're "lost"? As in damned to Hell for eternity? As in cursed by our Father in Heaven? Wow, that's a harsh judgment! And you know this how? God told you maybe? Or was it just your pastor who did?

Quote:
We are warned not to add to the Bible, the Mormons have added to it.
We have? I didn't know that and I've been a member of the Church all my life. We use the KJV, just like millions of other Christians. Besides, the scripture you are thinking of is referring to the book of Revelation. It couldn't possibly be referring to the Bible, as the Bible didn't even exist when John received his Revelation. I'm always very amused at people who believe they have the right to tell God He's through talking. God never said He couldn't or wouldn't continue to reveal His will to His children.

Thank God His definition of "Christian" is a whole lot more... uh... "Christian" than yours is. Could you show me please where the word "Christian" is defined in the Bible? Once you do that, maybe we can continue our discussion about why Mormons don't qualify.

Last edited by Katzpur; 06-07-2009 at 09:46 AM..

Old 06-07-2009, 07:56 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,352,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Well, if you were once LDS, you should know that it's not going to make an ounce of difference whether someone is baptized for her or not. Why would it matter to you? And who are you concerned is going to be doing this anyway? We're not supposed to be doing temple work for people who are not our own ancestors, so unless she has a living descendant who wants to be baptized for her, I wouldn't worry if I were you.
ok that make me feel better. I personally do not see anything wrong overall with Mormonism...I talk to missionaries when I see them and still have friends that are in the church. It is just not personally something that is for me.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
ok that make me feel better. I personally do not see anything wrong overall with Mormonism...I talk to missionaries when I see them and still have friends that are in the church. It is just not personally something that is for me.
And that's fine. Everybody has to find their own path. Regardless of how I personally feel about the Church, I recognize that it's not something that will work for everybody.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:16 PM

11 posts, read 14,656 times
[quote=Chickrae;9173015]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay7684 View Post

It is true a man can be sealed to more than one woman. I don't know if the woman will be unsealed from her children if she gets unsealed from dead husband, I still am not certain she can even be unsealed. Everywhere I have read and people I have talked to say that they have never heard of a woman getting unsealed from her dead husband. Maybe it is a case by case thing depending on the circumstance.
Apparently the mother can't be unsealed from the children. If she is the birth mother. Step children and adopted children, I have no clue. Next time I see missionaries i will ask them.

Last edited by Kay7684; 06-08-2009 at 02:46 PM..

Old 06-08-2009, 02:30 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,351,207 times
I have a question. If a Mormon leaves their religion will other Mormons still talk to them? If a Mormon does something wrong and is kicked out is he/she shunned by others, by parents?

Old 06-08-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
I have a question. If a Mormon leaves their religion will other Mormons still talk to them?
Of course we will. Almost every Mormon I know has a friend or family member who has left the Church. If we all stopped speaking to them, things would be pretty quiet here in "Zion."

Quote:
If a Mormon does something wrong and is kicked out is he/she shunned by others, by parents?
If that was the case, I wouldn't speak to either of my grown children, my parents would not speak to my sister, and my husband would not speak to his brother or to one of his sisters. Both of my grown children have done things that, according to LDS doctrine, are quite seriously "wrong." Although I do not approve of their choices, we are very close.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:36 PM

16 posts, read 10,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
So it IS true that a good mormon can become a god on his own planet with his wife and make lots of babies to populate the planet?
If I had a planet all to myself, who would build my golf course for me?

Old 06-08-2009, 07:38 PM

16 posts, read 10,640 times
Why did it take so long for the Mormon church to treat blacks equally?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality