Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 11:56 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,566,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
So if the prophecy is specific then it just becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. You give someone and mandate and timeframe and suddenly it's a shock when it happens. Are you people that easily bamboozled?
You need to research the prophecies yourself before you make such accusations. Historians themselves are 'bamboozled' by the facts surrounding the foretold fall of Babylon-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2008, 12:09 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,608,985 times
Like I said I'm not familiar with what you're talking about but if someone laid out a detailed plan of what might happen then it's out there for anyone to make it happen. It's not anything divine. It's just people.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:23 PM

20,594 posts, read 19,259,253 times
Quote:
A friend and I were talking one day and I said Gerald Ford should be kicking the can soon. Litterally the next he died. Does that make me a prophit? No. It's an educated guess. He's old and when you get old you die.

The bible's prophecies are very vague at best. For example if it says in the bible that a nation that doesn't follow god is cursed and destruction will happen what does that mean?

-The nation isn't specific to any one country: Vague
-"Doesn't follow God" doesn't specify what they are doing, but I know there are a few more specifics in the bible. But it doesn't say if it's the whole people of the country or just the christians, so again: Vague
-Cursed and destruction? Well in what way? Bad things happen all the time so this doesn't amount to an ant hill of evidence: Vague

Saying a country is doomed for not following god isn't a prophecy. Saying planes will fly into the WTC on Sept 11th, and maybe you're onto something but then it just becomes self fulfilling prophecy because people know how to bring it about. That's not miraculous.

Vague?

What?

Isaiah 13
The burden against Babylon which Isaiah the son of Amoz saw.
2 “ Lift up a banner on the high mountain,
Raise your voice to them;
Wave your hand, that they may enter the gates of the nobles.

17 “ Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them,
Who will not regard silver;
And as for gold, they will not delight in it.
18 Also their bows will dash the young men to pieces,
And they will have no pity on the fruit of the womb;
Their eye will not spare children.
19 And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms,
The beauty of the Chaldeans’ pride,
Will be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.
20 It will never be inhabited,

Bablyon sacked and gone forever. Done and done.

Do you have *any* examples?

Old 12-24-2008, 12:24 PM

20,594 posts, read 19,259,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Yes . . . you are. The primitive interpretations and writings that ATTRIBUTE things to God are erroneous attributions . . . IF they conflict with what we know of Jesus. We need to seek deeper or more spiritual significance (conceptual) in the erroneous accounts.

MysticPhD,

Will one of you tell me what one is? That in it of itself is a myth.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:27 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,566,544 times
Quote:
Like I said I'm not familiar with what you're talking about but if someone laid out a detailed plan of what might happen then it's out there for anyone to make it happen. It's not anything divine. It's just people.
Ah, spoken like a man of faith. You seem awfully 'sure' about something to not be a believer.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:30 PM

2,430 posts, read 2,761,161 times
This is a tactic, a method,a theme seen by me but hard to understand. You can understand these things but you must read the entire book. Call GOD by meditating on his phone number. JEREMIAH 33:3

Old 12-24-2008, 12:37 PM

Default God is a Rewarder of them who seek Him

and with their whole heart

Old 12-24-2008, 12:44 PM

If you believe.......that is if..........dig?....you are blind and faithless. Are you?

Old 12-24-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Vague?

What?

Isaiah 13
The burden against Babylon which Isaiah the son of Amoz saw.
2 “ Lift up a banner on the high mountain,
Raise your voice to them;
Wave your hand, that they may enter the gates of the nobles.

17 “ Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them,
Who will not regard silver;
And as for gold, they will not delight in it.
18 Also their bows will dash the young men to pieces,
And they will have no pity on the fruit of the womb;
Their eye will not spare children.
19 And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms,
The beauty of the Chaldeans’ pride,
Will be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.
20 It will never be inhabited,

Bablyon sacked and gone forever. Done and done.

Do you have *any* examples?
That's your smoking gun? Civilizations were always at war with each other back then. Saying a battle with your enemy is going to happen is hardly a divinely inspired vision. That bible passage amounts to a high school cheer of "Who's going to win? We are!"

Old 12-24-2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenevada View Post
Ah, spoken like a man of faith. You seem awfully 'sure' about something to not be a believer.
I used to be very christian. Not anymore though thankfully. I'm not saying I'm sure but I'm saying that you should look at the possibilities of how anything happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality