Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 12:53 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
MysticPhD,

Will one of you tell me what one is? That in it of itself is a myth.
Using your 21st Century understanding . . . explain in a way that a 1st Century mind can understand the following: Assume that our consciousness (which is spiritual in their mental frame) is of a consciousness energy (God) that is what comprises 94% of the universe (either dark energy producing the observed expansion or dark matter producing the galaxies). Assume also that the galaxies are the recycle facilities for the dark matter consciousnesses that have failed to meet the specifications of the consciousness energy growing and expanding the universe (God). Within our relatively new and young little portion of the production scheme . . . we needed the specifications for producing the right kind of consciousness. Until one of us actually produces the right kind and adds it to the collective production of our species . . . we would be doomed to stay in the recycle facility. Jesus achieves this perfect consciousness now connected to both God and humanity's consciousness. Since Jesus' consciousness is now indistinguishable from Gods' because of the "spirit" of its character . . . Jesus is "One" with God and also connected to us. Thus, Jesus provides a way out of the recycle facility by helping us to attain the same "spirit" as Jesus/God.

Just humor me. HOW would you explain this to a 1st Century mind?

Last edited by MysticPhD; 12-24-2008 at 01:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2008, 12:57 PM

2,430 posts, read 2,766,426 times
Exlain where you got the number 94%

Old 12-24-2008, 01:00 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
Exlain where you got the number 94%
That is science's estimate of the amount of combined dark energy and dark matter (non-baryonic) in our unverse.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:03 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,577,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
I used to be very christian. Not anymore though thankfully. I'm not saying I'm sure but I'm saying that you should look at the possibilities of how anything happens.

You assume that I haven't. Just as you came to an educated decision that Christianity was not for you...I came to an educated decision that the bible is the word of God.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:09 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,617,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenevada View Post
You assume that I haven't. Just as you came to an educated decision that Christianity was not for you...I came to an educated decision that the bible is the word of God.

It was more about it all being fake and not so much "not for me".

Old 12-24-2008, 01:15 PM

SCRIPTURE DOES NOT SAY BE A CHRISTIAN. IT SAYS STUFF LIKE.........GOD SENT HIS SON INTO THE WORLD NOT TO CONDEMN THE WORLD, BUT THAT THE WORLD THROUGH HIM MIGHT BE SAVED....SOME PEOPLE BELIEVE AND SOME DO NOT. BUT IF IT WAS GOD WHO SENT JESUS THEN JESUS WILL SAVE THE WORLD........BUT ITS HIS BAT AND BALL AND HE MAKES THE RULES........RULE#31 Life is a riddle,and God gave you Life. I do not know why.....But remember this ..........everyone believes and the devil lies........so believe the devil until you find he is a liar...

Old 12-24-2008, 01:16 PM

Go Donna Reed

Old 12-24-2008, 01:26 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,577,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
It was more about it all being fake and not so much "not for me".
But you must have a reason for so factually being able to say it's 'fake'. You really don't know that. Of course, on the other hand, you could say that I don't have any way of KNOWING it's the truth. But really, faith is being sure. And I have faith. So I can confidently say that I KNOW the bible is the word of God. What do you base your 'faith' on?

Old 12-24-2008, 01:41 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,617,293 times
I base my faith on what I can see. To me it's abundantly clear that any god is a creation of man to explain the unexplainable. Eventually religions/gods became a way to control people. There's no proof of a god and I know that people would argue that the lack of proof that there isn't not a god, but if he was so prolific as you people believe him to be I'm sure we would have seen something by now.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:43 PM

512 posts, read 712,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Using your 21st Century understanding . . . explain in a way that a 1st Century mind can understand the following: Assume that our consciousness (which is spiritual in their mental frame) is of a consciousness energy (God) that is what comprises 94% of the universe (either dark energy producing the observed expansion or dark matter producing the galaxies). Assume also that the galaxies are the recycle facilities for the dark matter consciousnesses that have failed to meet the specifications of the consciousness energy growing and expanding the universe (God). Within our relatively new and young little portion of the production scheme . . . we needed the specifications for producing the right kind of consciousness. Until one of us actually produces the right kind and adds it to the collective production of our species . . . we would be doomed to stay in the recycle facility. Jesus achieves this perfect consciousness now connected to both God and humanity's consciousness. Since Jesus' consciousness is now indistinguishable from Gods' because of the "spirit" of its character . . . Jesus is "One" with God and also connected to us. Thus, Jesus provides a way out of the recycle facility by helping us to attain the same "spirit" as Jesus/God.

Just humor me. HOW would you explain this to a 1st Century mind?
Anyone can make assumptions about God the way you do, that doesn't make them right. Instead of making ridiculous excuses, why can't some people just come to the logical conclusion that the evidence supports? Logically the contradictions seem to come from the fact that none of the writers actually witnessed the events and therefore came up with stories that contradict each other. Sometimes the most obvious answer is the answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality