Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 05:24 PM

1,113 posts, read 2,520,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
But how did JC came to live as you know it today? Didn't Christianity adopted myths and ideas from other pagan religions? Christianity was born with applications of those myths and fables. The whole supernatural event of resurrection can probably be traced back to Mediterranean origins of dying and coming to life gods of the past. So those events were taken and applied to Jesus, making him The Only One as you claim today.
Sorry if i'm wrong, i remember reading something somewhere about christianity origin. Been a while....
The early church did not adopt pagan influences. They were Messianic Jews and remained so until Constantine, who pretty forced everyone to convert to Catholicism and welcomed the pagans with open arms. Then the Reformation came and changed things a bit but left all of the pagan practices intact (bad decision). Pagan influences still remain in the church today but not all of us are apart of that. Some of us have come out of Babylon and practice our religion as the early church did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 07:37 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
As I have often said, if the Bible is a Book of fiction, why are all of it's prophecies true? And why do all the historical discoveries in the Middle East, continue to confirm the truth of the Biblical accounts?
what prophecies have come true, that wouldnt have anyway

Old 01-05-2009, 08:54 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,970,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
what prophecies have come true, that wouldnt have anyway
There are a number of such prophecies, which would include the return of the Jews to the land of Israel and their retaking of Jerusalem. The Bible states this would happen in the last days.

Also, there is the prophecy of Jerusalems East Gate. The prophecy states that Jerusalems orginal East Gate would survive till the end of time. The Romans destroyed all of Jerusalem, yet they buried the East Gate. The Bible states that the orginal Gate would have a Porch Gate added onto it. Over a 1,000 years later non-believers in the Bible decided to rebuild the wall that the Romans knocked down and add a new Gate. They discovered the top of the Old East Gate and decided to use it for the foundation for the New Porch Gate, which they did. The prophecy also stated that the Porch Gate would be sealed. After the Porch Gate was built, there were stories that when the Jewish Messiah would return, He would enter through that Gate. So the non believers fearing such a return, seald up the Porch Gate, and by doing so, fulfilled the prophecy. The prophecy also stated that once it was sealed it could only be opened again by the Prince to come. (Jesus Christ). Twice Islamics then tried to break the prophecy, and tried to open the Gate, yet failed do do so. Today, if you go to Israel you will see Jerusalems sealed East Porch Gate. Every part of this prophecy was fulfilled by non believers in the Bible. And there is really no good reason for this prophecy to be fulfilled. It will be fully fulfilled, when Jesus Christ walks through it on His way to the Temple.

A thousand years before this prophecy was fulfilled, the author of the Bible would of had to of known that the Romans would not destroy the orginal Gate, He would of had to know that non believers would construct a second Gate, and He would have to know they would use the Old Gate as the foundation. The author of the Bible, would also of had to of known that those unbelievers would then seal up the Porch Gate. And the author would of had to known that all attempts to break through the Gate would fail. And the author would also have to know that Israel would be a nation once again, and Jerusalem would be under Jewish control. And of course, the author knew all of this would happen, because the real author of the Bible, is God.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:59 AM

Quote:
There are a number of such prophecies, which would include the return of the Jews to the land of Israel and their retaking of Jerusalem. The Bible states this would happen in the last days.

Also, there is the prophecy of Jerusalems East Gate. The prophecy states that Jerusalems orginal East Gate would survive till the end of time. The Romans destroyed all of Jerusalem, yet they buried the East Gate. The Bible states that the orginal Gate would have a Porch Gate added onto it. Over a 1,000 years later non-believers in the Bible decided to rebuild the wall that the Romans knocked down and add a new Gate. They discovered the top of the Old East Gate and decided to use it for the foundation for the New Porch Gate, which they did. The prophecy also stated that the Porch Gate would be sealed. After the Porch Gate was built, there were stories that when the Jewish Messiah would return, He would enter through that Gate. So the non believers fearing such a return, seald up the Porch Gate, and by doing so, fulfilled the prophecy. The prophecy also stated that once it was sealed it could only be opened again by the Prince to come. (Jesus Christ). Twice Islamics then tried to break the prophecy, and tried to open the Gate, yet failed do do so. Today, if you go to Israel you will see Jerusalems sealed East Porch Gate. Every part of this prophecy was fulfilled by non believers in the Bible. And there is really no good reason for this prophecy to be fulfilled. It will be fully fulfilled, when Jesus Christ walks through it on His way to the Temple.

A thousand years before this prophecy was fulfilled, the author of the Bible would of had to of known that the Romans would not destroy the orginal Gate, He would of had to know that non believers would construct a second Gate, and He would have to know they would use the Old Gate as the foundation. The author of the Bible, would also of had to of known that those unbelievers would then seal up the Porch Gate. And the author would of had to known that all attempts to break through the Gate would fail. And the author would also have to know that Israel would be a nation once again, and Jerusalem would be under Jewish control. And of course, the author knew all of this would happen, because the real author of the Bible, is God.
when Jesus said he would be back, how do you know he didnt just return that afternoon around threeish. Maybe youve beein waiting around for someithin that already happened over 2000 years ago. Maybe we are already the EVIL that inherrited the earth. Things don't seem very God like to me around the ol planet lately.

The jews returning to israel was fulfilled by the united nations. Probably, at the jews request, do to the bible saying it should be so. There fore, I would call that a self fulfilling prophacy.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
when Jesus said he would be back, how do you know he didnt just return that afternoon around threeish. Maybe youve beein waiting around for someithin that already happened over 2000 years ago. Maybe we are already the EVIL that inherrited the earth. Things don't seem very God like to me around the ol planet lately.

The jews returning to israel was fulfilled by the united nations. Probably, at the jews request, do to the bible saying it should be so. There fore, I would call that a self fulfilling prophacy.
Do you believe the Jews being murdered in Hitlers death camps were part of that self fulfilling prophecy? Do you think maybe Hilter started World War II, just to help speed up Bible prophecy? And Jesus could not return until now for a number of good reasons. One of the prophecies stated that before all the prophecies could be fulfilled, the nations of the East would have to be able to field a army of 200 million men. This was not possible until our time. So no, the prophecies of Christ return could not of taken place in the past.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Do you believe the Jews being murdered in Hitlers death camps were part of that self fulfilling prophecy? Do you think maybe Hilter started World War II, just to help speed up Bible prophecy? And Jesus could not return until now for a number of good reasons. One of the prophecies stated that before all the prophecies could be fulfilled, the nations of the East would have to be able to field a army of 200 million men. This was not possible until our time. So no, the prophecies of Christ return could not of taken place in the past.
you do understand that Jesus wanst considered the son of GOD until about 300 years later right?

I don't recall that number I must admit (200 million) however, this number was probably thown out to keep folks faith for centuries, as everone at the time knew those numbers were not going to happen in many many lifetimes....in fact, it would have been inconceivable. So basically your saying the end of the world envolves an attack by CHINA?

Old 01-06-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
you do understand that Jesus wanst considered the son of GOD until about 300 years later right?

I don't recall that number I must admit (200 million) however, this number was probably thown out to keep folks faith for centuries, as everone at the time knew those numbers were not going to happen in many many lifetimes....in fact, it would have been inconceivable. So basically your saying the end of the world envolves an attack by CHINA?
When Jesus appeared to Thomas after His death on the cross, Thomas said to Jesus, "my Lord and my God." Thomas knew who Jesus was long before 300 years. And yes, the 200 million will be one of the armies that will be involoved during the great tribulation. I believe this army will involve China and other Eastern nations. And when these armies exist, we will also see that Israel and Jerusalem will be controled by Jews who have returned from a world wide exile. One of the last great battles on earth, will be for the control of Jerusalem.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:

Joe 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

Since this hasn't happened yet, I think it is safe to assume that he has not returned......but will.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:16 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMtnsOnTheMind View Post
Joe 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

Since this hasn't happened yet, I think it is safe to assume that he has not returned......but will.
Ever hear of a lunar or solar eclipse? Did you know that the moon turns red during a lunar eclipse?......That verse is just another example of the ancient scribes fearing what they could not understand.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Ever hear of a lunar or solar eclipse? Did you know that the moon turns red during a lunar eclipse?......That verse is just another example of the ancient scribes fearing what they could not understand.
Really....the moon has turned into blood? I will take the realistic version, thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality