Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 10:45 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,225,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
You're right. I COULD have chosen to live with a male roommate for the rest of my life.

I decided to marry my wife, though. I acknowledge that there is a physical attraction that is a huge part of my married life.

But we all have choices in what we do.
If you're unable to fall in love with another man and have no sexual attraction toward any man, then you'd never even attempt it. The reverse is true for me. However, I know that no god would create me as a homosexual and then tell me to live my life alone and without a bond to another human being or else send me to hell for eternity.

I think you're still missing the point that homosexuality is not about sex, it's about who you're able to love in the way that you love your wife.

Old 01-14-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
We are not related to animals. And animals should not be an example for our morals. Animals also kill, steal, eat their children, eat their own feces. Should we do these things because animals do them to? Your reasoning is flawed?

Should you have sex with men because mans sexual appetite is larger than womans? No, this thinking is false. You should have sex as an expresion of love. Not just to do it. You might as well masterbate, at least then you can get it whenever you want and you don't have to waste anyone else's time. Since the sex you describe is not based on love but just to get your jollies.

Sex in marriage is good and is a gift of God. There is nothing dirty about it. The bible says that the marriage bed is undefiled. Now concerning all other sex, ie sex outside of marriage with any other person whether female or male is a sin and is called commiting adultry. This also includes sex with minors, and sex with animals, and sex with the dead. It is not the Christians or the Jews that said it is wrong. It is God that says it is wrong. God created everyone including the Greeks who's society you praise. They were created by God too and yet fell into sin, while knowing it was sin, because God judged the earth from the time of Noah (the grand-father of all living), to Sodem and Gomorrah.

So, it is not us that should ease up on bigotry, it is you that should see this is a sin, like stealing or lying. Turn from your ways accept what Jesus
Christ did for us, by taking our sins and forgiving us. All that is required of us is to accept what he did by dying on the cross as sufficient to cover our sins.

We are not homophobic, for this means we are fearful of you in some way. Rather we are concerned for you, just as we are concerned for anyone who is lost and does not know Jesus Christ. If you saw someone drowning would you not at least throw them a life-jacket? Jesus is our life jacket.
How pathetic that you support bigotry. Personally, I think the OP is a troll and the post is nothing but bait we've taken.

Keep your life vest away from me please! I can swim just fine on my own!

Old 01-14-2009, 10:50 AM

512 posts, read 712,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
We are not related to animals. And animals should not be an example for our morals. Animals also kill, steal, eat their children, eat their own feces. Should we do these things because animals do them to? Your reasoning is flawed?

Should you have sex with men because mans sexual appetite is larger than womans? No, this thinking is false. You should have sex as an expresion of love. Not just to do it. You might as well masterbate, at least then you can get it whenever you want and you don't have to waste anyone else's time. Since the sex you describe is not based on love but just to get your jollies.

Sex in marriage is good and is a gift of God. There is nothing dirty about it. The bible says that the marriage bed is undefiled. Now concerning all other sex, ie sex outside of marriage with any other person whether female or male is a sin and is called commiting adultry. This also includes sex with minors, and sex with animals, and sex with the dead. It is not the Christians or the Jews that said it is wrong. It is God that says it is wrong. God created everyone including the Greeks who's society you praise. They were created by God too and yet fell into sin, while knowing it was sin, because God judged the earth from the time of Noah (the grand-father of all living), to Sodem and Gomorrah.

So, it is not us that should ease up on bigotry, it is you that should see this is a sin, like stealing or lying. Turn from your ways accept what Jesus
Christ did for us, by taking our sins and forgiving us. All that is required of us is to accept what he did by dying on the cross as sufficient to cover our sins.

We are not homophobic, for this means we are fearful of you in some way. Rather we are concerned for you, just as we are concerned for anyone who is lost and does not know Jesus Christ. If you saw someone drowning would you not at least throw them a life-jacket? Jesus is our life jacket.
Jesus is our Life Jacket! haha oh my god that was so hilarious. You can't be serious. Comparing a gay person to a drowning person. Priceless. It's Ok to be a bigot, the bible says so. And christians wonder why gay people are starting to organize protests and get so "angry"

Old 01-14-2009, 10:50 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,068,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
If you're unable to fall in love with another man and have no sexual attraction toward any man, then you'd never even attempt it. The reverse is true for me. However, I know that no god would create me as a homosexual and then tell me to live my life alone and without a bond to another human being or else send me to hell for eternity.

I think you're still missing the point that homosexuality is not about sex, it's about who you're able to love in the way that you love your wife.
There are a lot of things that people feel compelled to do, but are immoral.

Love is more than a feeling. I choose to remain faithful to my wife.

I could choose to leave her in hopes of finding a cutie that is half her age (purely for illustrative purposes)...but that would be immoral--regardless of my physical attractions toward anyone else.

Old 01-14-2009, 10:54 AM

3,086 posts, read 6,272,128 times
Quote:
You can believe whatever you want, but I don't believe that being gay and having a parnter leads to "darkness and eternal loss". Nor do I believe my relationship involves "sinful lust"
My interpretation of the OP is something like this: "If it feels good, and if animals do it, it's natural. If it's natural, there is nothing wrong with it." This is the thought I was trying to show as being false. I wasn't lifting out any particular sin, or pointing fingers at anyone.. rather bringing out the point that God has a standard in the Bible, and "right" and "wrong" exist, no matter how "natural" something may seem to us.

I wasn't judging you... if you wish to know what sin is, the Word will tell you.

Old 01-14-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
There are a lot of things that people feel compelled to do, but are immoral.

Love is more than a feeling. I choose to remain faithful to my wife.

I could choose to leave her in hopes of finding a cutie that is half her age (purely for illustrative purposes)...but that would be immoral--regardless of my physical attractions toward anyone else.
Yes, and I choose to remain faithful to my partner. See, it can work on our side too.

What is or isn't moral is often nothing more than personal opinion.

Old 01-14-2009, 10:58 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,068,879 times
Quote:
Yes, and I choose to remain faithful to my partner. See, it can work on our side too.

What is or isn't moral is often nothing more than personal opinion.

whatever helps you sleep at night.

Old 01-14-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
My interpretation of the OP is something like this: "If it feels good, and if animals do it, it's natural. If it's natural, there is nothing wrong with it." This is the thought I was trying to show as being false. I wasn't lifting out any particular sin, or pointing fingers at anyone.. rather bringing out the point that God has a standard in the Bible, and "right" and "wrong" exist, no matter how "natural" something may seem to us.

I wasn't judging you... if you wish to know what sin is, the Word will tell you.
That's why I said the OP sounds like a troll. Being gay isn't about choosing a partner you think will give you the most sex. You can't choose to be sexually attracted to your own sex either.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:04 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
It almost sounds like you don't like women so you turned to men for pleasure. Whether you're straight or gay, a loving long term relationship takes work from both partners. Guess you just want an "F" buddy.
If you were sincere you wouldn't feel the need to "buy women jewelery and trick them into having sex with you." I always applaud people for coming out, but don't blame the opposite sex for your decision. You sound bitter.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:08 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,439,773 times
Quote:
How pathetic that you support bigotry. Personally, I think the OP is a troll and the post is nothing but bait we've taken.

Keep your life vest away from me please! I can swim just fine on my own!
You have not listened to me. I am no bigot. You don't even know what this means, you spout it off as some type of calling out, but your are not.

I will tolerate you, but you will not tolerate me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality