U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-13-2009, 06:55 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,560,900 times

Advertisements

Well, better go back and read the promise in Jeremiah and Ezekiel. The 2 sticks will become ONE (the Nations and Yahudah (Jews) in the end and YHVH WILL once again be their God. This prophecy has not yet been fulfilled but rest assured, it WILL. The Jews WILL know their Messiah upon HIS return. It has been promised, and it WILL be fulfilled Amein! They aren't a "race" they are among the Hebrews and the House of Israel whom the Messiah is returning for. He ain't returning for some chu-ch that's for sure.....just remember HE said "I come BUT for the lost sheep of the House of Israel". You are either one or you ain't. I wouldn't want to NOT be a member of the House of Israel. Get grafted in ASAP would be my recommendation. ;-)
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 03:45 AM

7,654 posts, read 6,635,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivria66 View Post
Campbell,

I have given you plenty of mistranslations by the church showing why Jews don't believe in Jesus but you don't accept it. You can't even read Hebrew and yet you think you can tell Jews that they are and have been wrong for thousands of years.
It is the God of the Old Testament who has really insulted you. I'm just repeating what He has already stated. And why would the God of the Old Testament say you are like an unclean woman before him? And God tells the Jewish people it is because of their evil He scattered them throught out the nations. And then God tells you in the last days He will allow you to return to Israel and Jerusalem. Yet your Old Testament God makes clear, He is not doing this for your sakes, because as a people, you polluted His name wherever you went. It is not I who orginally stated the Jewish people have been wrong for thousands of years. It is the God of the Old Testament.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:44 AM

40,059 posts, read 20,043,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
It is the God of the Old Testament who has really insulted you. I'm just repeating what He has already stated. And why would the God of the Old Testament say you are like an unclean woman before him? And God tells the Jewish people it is because of their evil He scattered them throught out the nations. And then God tells you in the last days He will allow you to return to Israel and Jerusalem. Yet your Old Testament God makes clear, He is not doing this for your sakes, because as a people, you polluted His name wherever you went. It is not I who orginally stated the Jewish people have been wrong for thousands of years. It is the God of the Old Testament.
Oy vey! Someone has a belief system that has to be justified at all costs, and everyone else be damned.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:36 AM

3,334 posts, read 3,345,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I'm just repeating what He has already stated.
Bwaaak! Polly wanna cracker! Pieces of eight! Pieces of eight! Bwaaak!

Old 07-14-2009, 01:07 PM

I've seen some messed up theology in my day, but this about takes the cake. Talk about trying to isolate the Jewish people when YHVH actually said HE would scatter the NATIONS (that would be those OTHER than Yahudah) to the 4 corners of the earth for their disobedience. Get a clue now please. Until such a time as there would be a regathering of the Nations AND Yahudah (the 2 sticks....ever hear about about that as in Jeremiah and Ezekiel). The so called OLD Testament is indeed the very foundation that the Messiah AND HIS Talmadim (Apostles) taught from and of. They taught from the scrolls, there was no KJV bibble or book back than....get a grip here now

Old 07-15-2009, 04:58 AM

62 posts, read 65,868 times
Campbell34 is the perfect example of the ignorance that has caused so much tragedy and anti-semitism for the Jewish people throughout history. I mean really does he even have a clue? He can't even read Hebrew, he knows nothing about Judaism, Jewish history or culture and yet he purports to be this sort of expert. Quite incredible!

Old 07-15-2009, 09:43 AM

you can stop casting pearls before swine now....he's not even keeping kosher, which YHVH said we SHOULD do. He, like so many other xtians want to say it was all "done away with on the cross". They don't even acknowledge Messiah wasn't on a cross (the pagan symbol of death) HE was on a Olive Tree on a cross member nailed to that tree facing the Temple (East). HIS final words were recited from Psalms 22 which was confirmation of his Messiahship. I'm done. Won't respond to something that doesn't deserve a response.

Old 07-15-2009, 03:47 PM

40,059 posts, read 20,043,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
HIS final words were recited from Psalms 22 which was confirmation of his Messiahship. I'm done. Won't respond to something that doesn't deserve a response.
The way people take quotes from Scripture and use them to make a point is endlessly fascinating. I think there ought to be a full, Federally funded psychological study on this!

The first verse of Psalm 22 indicates quite clearly that it was written by David. The second verse begins with the often-quoted line, "My God, my God, why hast Thou forsaken me?"

So Jesus was simply quoting David. It confirms that he knew his Scripture, but nothing relating to messiahship.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:06 PM

Default Yo Fred...keep reading...

sounds an awful lot the Messiah to me...

[SIZE=1]A crowd of evil ones have encircled Me, Piercing My hands and My feet; 17I count all My bones. They look, they stare at Me.
18They divide My garments among them, And for My raiment they cast lots.
19But You, O , do not be far off; O My Strength, hasten to help Me!
[/SIZE]

HE was LIVING this scripture....get a clue, NOT David..........Yahushua Ha Moshiach

Old 07-15-2009, 10:44 PM

62 posts, read 65,868 times
dcisive,

Psalm 22:16 actually says;

Dogs surround me; a pack of evil ones closes in on me, like lions they maul my hands and feet.

A sidenote,this is the present tense, not future. It does not say "is going to close in on me, like lions they will maul my hands and feet".

Even your incorrect translation has it as the present tense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality