Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2009, 03:30 PM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmoz View Post
You think I agitate?? No. Let , admit plagiarism. It is all.
It killed on behalf of 70 % of the population. Hitler + Stalin. Do not happen Jesus slaves. I do not know it... But. Its ideas subordinated free people to Tsars and Patriarchs.
Jews - good fellows.
I said nothing about you agitating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 03:38 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,100,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I realize that there is an interconnectedness in the history of the Christian faith and Judaism and I'm certainly no expert on the subject. From the Christian perspective the Bible clearly states that the Jews are the chosen people and Jesus himself is said to be a Jew. What seems perplexing to me is that the main religion of the Jews in the world is Judaism which of course has it's own set of beliefs and doesn't accept Jesus as the messiah. My question isn't really about Jusaism, it's about Christianity, and I'm simply wondering why the chosen people according to the Christian faith are the Jews and yet they don't even share the basic beliefs of Christians. This brings up a few questions. Christians believe that only by accepting Christ can an individual be saved. Does this mean that the overwhelming majority of Jews, God's chosen people, will not be saved? Also, doesn't it seem very strange that God's chosen people, according to Christianity, aren't even believers in the Christian faith?

The Jews are NOT the chosen people of the Christian faith. All that "chosen people" stuff is from the Old Testament and thus preceeded the life and teachings of Jesus. Christianity, therefore, was based on Christ's (Jesus') teachings. I don't think JC ever said anything about Jews being God's preferred people. He included gentiles into is flock as well. In fact, much of Paul's writings, his epistles, were addressed to gentiles in budding churches around the Mediterranean.

Old 12-13-2009, 03:52 PM

118 posts, read 180,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
The Jews are NOT the chosen people of the Christian faith. All that "chosen people" stuff is from the Old Testament and thus preceeded the life and teachings of Jesus. Christianity, therefore, was based on Christ's (Jesus') teachings. I don't think JC ever said anything about Jews being God's preferred people. He included gentiles into is flock as well. In fact, much of Paul's writings, his epistles, were addressed to gentiles in budding churches around the Mediterranean.

Good answere. That nails it on the head. JC was not about one religion over another. He was a man that knew how to die. He knew how to defeat death. In front of a crowd he was instructed by God to say "I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever.

He was sacrificed to supply us a tool in our war against death.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:24 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,969,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
For all of the Jew's mistakes, they do tend to hold tight to the first commandment, and worship one single deity.

They will forever refuse to accept pagan heresies of dual-gods, or triple-gods, or pantheons of gods.

No mommy god, no uncle ghostie god, no baby gods.

So long as they stick to a Biblical creator-father God, they are good to go.

Well that sounds good. Yet, can you explain this to me? We know that God alone was involved in creation. Yet when God created man, He stated, in Genesis 1:26.

"Let (US) make man in (OUR) image, after (OUR) likeness:"

Who was God speaking to?

And I have to tell you, unless they know the answer to that question, they are not good to go.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:48 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
Why don't Jews believe in the divinity of Jesus? Because we kind of have a few rules about false messiahs and prophecies and all... minor details.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:18 AM

3,196 posts, read 5,395,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Why don't Jews believe in the divinity of Jesus? Because we kind of have a few rules about false messiahs and prophecies and all... minor details.

...and another rule about ONE God. None of this three gods equal one stuff.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post

Well, I don't know about your rules. Yet, according to the God of the Old Testament, you were never any good at obeying His rules.
And that is why the God of the Old Testament, kicked the Jewish people out of Israel, and scattered them among the nations. And then He tells us, wherever the Jewish people went after that, they continued to profaned His Holy name. And then the Old Testament God tells us, that even in the last days when He allows the Jewish people to return to the land of Israel, they will be no better.

So it appears to me, your rules don't seem to impress the God you claim to be following. And the Old Testament God tells us. He will only allow the Jewish people to return to Israel in the last days to protect His Holy name, which they profaned among the heathen, whither they went.

It's pretty obvious to me, your rules have blinded you from the truth. And the God of the Old Testament confirms that even in the last days, you will continue to profane His Holy name.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well, I don't know about your rules. Yet, according to the God of the Old Testament, you were never any good at obeying His rules..
How do you know? Are you the judge? Do you have the insight that God has? Do you have the compassion? Do you have his knowledge?

When you answer "YES" to the last four questions, then you may be qualified to make accusatory statements like the one above. Until then, look for God's mercy and grace to soften your heart.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
...and another rule about ONE God. None of this three gods equal one stuff.

Well, we all know that God alone was involved in creation. Yet in Genesis 1:26 we see God making this statement, and just before He created man.

"Let (US) make man in (OUR) image, after (OUR) likeness:

And don't forget this, God told us in the Scriptures, that when He made (ALL THINGS) He was alone, and by Himself.

So, who was God speaking to here?

Old 12-14-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well, we all know that God alone was involved in creation. Yet in Genesis 1:26 we see God making this statement, and just before He created man.

"Let (US) make man in (OUR) image, after (OUR) likeness:

And don't forget this, God told us in the Scriptures, that when He made (ALL THINGS) He was alone, and by Himself.

So, who was God speaking to here?
Allegorical conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality