U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-14-2011, 03:13 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,306,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
And now you can't be Jewish if you believe in Jesus. Now somebody is just going to take away your ethnicity! No matter how many generations a person can trace their line to...doesn't matter. Doesn't matter if they had family in the holocaust...irrelevant right? If they believe in Jesus they are not a Jew that is what your saying? Forget their years upon years of Jewish heritage.
Bingo! I think you finally understand.

Quote:
I'm going to have to tell my friend Seth he is no longer a Jew because he believes in Jesus. Man his family is going to be UPSET when they find that out! I'm pretty sure somebody is his family was in the holocaust, and I know for a fact that he celebrates Jewish holidays. And his family line of year upon years of Jewish history....all gone.

I may have to get you to talk to him and explain how all that vanished when he decided to follow Jesus, cuz I'm sure he is going to have a few questions for you.
This is terribly terribly sad, but you are indeed correct. Seth is now a Chrstian. But it's never to late for him to repent. If you would like to connect him to me in the real world, there are people out there i can help him find who would be willing to de-program him from the rubbish he now subscribes to. I'm sure his relatives who died in the Holocaust would be mortified if they knew this is what became of their offspring. As if they died in vain. but again, it's never too late for Seth to decide he wants to reclaim his heratige, which he has sadly spit on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 03:16 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,306,028 times
And hint hint, Seth knows he is no longer Jewish. He may be too ashamed to admit it to others (and quite possibly to himself), but I assure you deep down he knows he gave up his Jewish identity to follow the false gods of another religion. It's heart-breaking. I wonder what led him astray? I'd be curious to know more about your friend.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:19 PM

204 posts, read 353,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
Bingo! I think you finally understand.

This is terribly terribly sad, but you are indeed correct. Seth is now a Chrstian. But it's never to late for him to repent. If you would like to connect him to me in the real world, there are people out there i can help him find who would be willing to de-program him from the rubbish he now subscribes to. I'm sure his relatives who died in the Holocaust would be mortified if they knew this is what became of their offspring. As if they died in vain. but again, it's never too late for Seth to decide he wants to reclaim his heratige, which he has sadly spit on.
I mean let's just not stop their with stupid. I'm mean while we are at it lets just go on ahead and tell him to change his name from Seth to like "Sam". Something that just sounds less Jewish-like. I'm mean Seth is kind of a dead give-a-way wouldn't you say? Wouldn't want the rest of the world thinking he was Jewish now would we?

Sam, Sammy, Sean???? Can you recommend a new name? First and Last he is going to need. And he really should stop taking those trips back to Isreal. Could save on the frequent flyer miles and all.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
And hint hint, Seth knows he is no longer Jewish. He may be too ashamed to admit it to others (and quite possibly to himself), but I assure you deep down he knows he gave up his Jewish identity to follow the false gods of another religion. It's heart-breaking. I wonder what led him astray? I'd be curious to know more about your friend.
And how is it that your people got to keep their Jewish identity when over and over in the texts it states how many times they were unfaithful to God, but God took them back....and my friend Seth doesn't get to keep his?

Old 12-14-2011, 03:28 PM

9,343 posts, read 16,944,218 times
gospelsaves, any Jew who worships Jesus of Nazareth is violating the Second Mitzvah (Commandment) prohibiting the worship of other than the one, true and indivisible G-d and is no longer a Jew and will not go to Heaven.

Secondly, gospelsaves, Gentiles that worship Jesus of Nazareth are violating the Third Noahic Commandment prohibiting idolatry, but the Noahic commandments are applied more leniently to non-Jews than the corresponding commandments are to Jews, because non-Jews do not have the benefit of Oral Torah to guide them in interpreting the laws.

The 7 Noahic commandments are binding on all people; the the 613 Mitzvot (Commandments) found in the Torah are only binding on those at Sinai, their descendents and those who voluntarily accept them through conversion.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
gospelsaves, any Jew who worships Jesus of Nazareth is violating the Second Mitzvah (Commandment) prohibiting the worship of other than the one, true and indivisible G-d and is no longer a Jew and will not go to Heaven.

Secondly, gospelsaves, Gentiles that worship Jesus of Nazareth are violating the Third Noahic Commandment prohibiting idolatry, but the Noahic commandments are applied more leniently to non-Jews than the corresponding commandments are to Jews, because non-Jews do not have the benefit of Oral Torah to guide them in interpreting the laws.

The 7 Noahic commandments are binding on all people; the the 613 Mitzvot (Commandments) found in the Torah are only binding on those at Sinai, their descendents and those who voluntarily accept them through conversion.
I have seriously never heard this. And whom you all see as "Jewish" or "Not Jewish" is on you. I know the rest of the would looks at him and sees a Jew without a doubt. Again we are going to have to agree to disagree.

And what about those Jews who don't believe in God at all? Cuz you know they exist as well. So is their ethnicity gone as well?

Old 12-14-2011, 03:35 PM

10,833 posts, read 4,417,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gospelsaves View Post
I'm going to have to tell my friend Seth he is no longer a Jew because he believes in Jesus. Man his family is going to be UPSET when they find that out! I'm pretty sure somebody is his family was in the holocaust, and I know for a fact that he celebrates Jewish holidays. And his family line of year upon years of Jewish history....all gone.

I may have to get you to talk to him and explain how all that vanished when he decided to follow Jesus, cuz I'm sure he is going to have a few questions for you.
Since I have a long Jewish family tree on my mother's side of the family does that mean I can start Jews for Muhammad? Or say I am an Islamic Jew?

I am Muslim. No matter what name I use. I follow Islam not Judaism. so it is with a Jew who follows Jesus. He has stopped following Judaism and is following Christianity. He is not a Messianic Jew, He is a Christian who happens to be Jewish, but still a Christian.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:36 PM

9,343 posts, read 16,944,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gospelsaves View Post
And what about those Jews who don't believe in God at all? Cuz you know they exist as well. So is their ethnicity gone as well?
No, there is no requirement to believe in G-d; the requirement is to follow, as best as you can, G-d's 613 Mitzvot (Commandments).

Old 12-14-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Since I have a long Jewish family tree on my mother's side of the family does that mean I can start Jews for Muhammad? Or say I am an Islamic Jew?

I am Muslim. No matter what name I use. I follow Islam not Judaism. so it is with a Jew who follows Jesus. He has stopped following Judaism and is following Christianity. He is not a Messianic Jew, He is a Christian who happens to be Jewish, but still a Christian.
Then what is his race?

Old 12-14-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
No, there is no requirement to believe in G-d; the requirement is to follow, as best as you can, G-d's 613 Mitzvot (Commandments).
Ok you can say someone who believe in Jesus is no longer Jewish in terms of their religion (i'll give you that one), but you can't wipe out their ethnicity (race).

Meaning Seth would be:
Ethnicity (Race) - Jew
Nationality - U.S.
Religion - Christian

But you can't say he is no longer ethnically a Jew.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality