U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-15-2011, 06:08 PM
 
Location: Florida
5,261 posts, read 6,167,561 times
Reputation: 837

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
It's an inherent part of their belief system that they need to convert others, especially Jews, to the worship of Jesus of Nazareth, because otherwise the others will not get into Heaven.
Yes, it is our belief in the word of God (the passages that command us) to go and tell the world the Good News. That is, the world/everyone...not "especially the Jews" as you say, but we all, Jews and Gentiles alike have to receive and believe that Jesus Christ is our Messiah. Otherwise they (Jew and Gentile alike), will be "cut off" - Romans 11:19 "Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in. 20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: 21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. 22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off." The Way to the Father (God) is through the Son (Jesus), there is no other way! John 14:16 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-15-2011, 06:25 PM
 
3,488 posts, read 3,093,776 times
Reputation: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Yes, it is our belief in the word of God (the passages that command us) to go and tell the world the Good News. That is, the world/everyone...not "especially the Jews" as you say, but we all, Jews and Gentiles alike have to receive and believe that Jesus Christ is our Messiah. Otherwise they (Jew and Gentile alike), will be "cut off" - Romans 11:19 "Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in. 20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: 21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. 22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off." The Way to the Father (God) is through the Son (Jesus), there is no other way! John 14:16 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

Ahem. Maybe they (gentiles and jews) WANT to be cut off, if people like yourself are so adamant that they "HAVE to receive and believe"...

Just sayin'. You catch more flies with honey.

Otherwise, it starts looking like this, and the scare tactic only works on certain people:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2011, 06:54 PM
 
Location: Chambersburg PA
1,738 posts, read 1,663,555 times
Reputation: 1449
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Lucy- View Post
Why is it thru the mother, and not the father?

You have the fathers last name, not the mothers (unless Jews might be different). Did you know that the fathers sperm decides the baby's sex, not the mothers. No sperm = no baby
Probably because the mother's heritage is a little more certain. We KNOW it's HER baby, but sometimes fatherhood wasn't so certain.
My best guess, and it could be very wrong.
By the way, other groups were matriarchal as well...many Celtic tribes were
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2011, 01:40 AM
 
Location: The State Of California
9,041 posts, read 11,456,046 times
Reputation: 3306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
That's not a great secret, and is the reason that the Moshiach has not yet come..




These Jews are referred to as non-observant, secular Jews.

How in the world can you be a non observant secular JEW and not Believe in GOD , and have other JEWS Believe in JESUS as a JEW with a BLOODLINE going back to Abraham and Sarah and not be a CHRISTIAN-JEW?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2011, 01:49 AM
 
Location: The State Of California
9,041 posts, read 11,456,046 times
Reputation: 3306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
That depends: up until their Bar or Bat Mitzvah, their sins are borne by, in this case, the mother. After Bar or Bat Mitzvah, their sins are borne by themselves.

Bar or Bat Mitzvah is a chronological event: 13 years for a boy and 12 years for a girl or, in some communities, for a boy whose father has predeceased him.
So the kids are Christian - Jews that in your eyes aren't going to heaven starting at the age of 13 years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2011, 05:42 AM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,246,478 times
Reputation: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
So the kids are Christian - Jews that in your eyes aren't going to heaven starting at the age of 13 years?

Howest, the age of taking on the adult responsibility of our religion is at 12 for girls and 13 for boys. It is the age that Jewish boys and girls become responsible for the mitzvot, can be a part of a minyan and are responsible for how they practice Judaism.

It has nothing to do with heaven.

Jews believe in a world to come, Olam Haba but we we don't have the view that Christians have concerning heaven.

You asked:

Originally Posted by Howest2008
so the Father is Christian and the Mother Is Jewish and the Children are raised to be Christian ( Are The Kids Jewish Or Christian).


According to halacha any child born of a Jewish mother is Jewish. But if a child is raised Christian they are part of the Christian faith. They are not seen as Jewish because they are not part of the Jewish community. Their parents decided to raise them as Christians.

What is so hard to understand about this???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2011, 07:15 AM
 
Location: New York
20 posts, read 16,717 times
Reputation: 15

Jewish Israelis that are Believers in Jesus Christ! - Israeli News (www.oneforisrael.org) - YouTube

Jews who believe in Jesus Christ, pray to him, but yet they are still observant Jewish.

**Wonder what Jezzymom & other Jews have to say after hopefully watching the clip**
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2011, 07:21 AM
 
Location: One Nation Under God - USA
87 posts, read 97,427 times
Reputation: 44
I can't wait to see as well what Jazzymom and Walter has to say

So hun... what's your thought? Still don't believe that they are Jewish?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2011, 07:23 AM
 
9,341 posts, read 24,419,550 times
Reputation: 4448
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenceDad View Post
[Jews who believe in Jesus Christ, pray to him, but yet they are still observant Jewish.
Oxymoron.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2011, 07:28 AM
 
Location: One Nation Under God - USA
87 posts, read 97,427 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Oxymoron.
Did you watch the videoclip? What's your thought?

LaurenceDad is not a moron. He shows proof that there are thousands of 'Jews for Jesus' who speak Hebrew, observe the sabbath, go to synagogue, observe Jewish law etc. but believe that Christ' is the messiah. It could be confusing and sounds wiered for some other Jews, but it's true.
God Bless those Jews! They know the truth.... Hopefully more people accept Christ, because that group is increasing everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top