Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2011, 09:05 AM

87 posts, read 120,225 times

Advertisements

Like I said before, what Jews don't seem to understand which I think is sad (except Jews for Jesus) is that they are no longer God's chosen people since they denied Christ. Christ is our saviour and our God. But Jesus forgave them the day he got crucified, but still they are not going to heaven unless they believe in God.

Before Christianity, Jews were God's chosen people, but that has changed since 2000 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Jews come from all over the world and are all races. We are African, asian, European, Israeli, yemeni, Iranian, Indian, Hispanic. We are all races.

We are Jewish as a religion and we are Jewish as a people. They go hand in hand.

We are all connected.
Jewish is not a religion. Judaism is.

Did you know that large number of Jews don't believe in God, are secular & atheist? Not all Jews belong to the Judaism faith.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
gospelsaves, any Jew who worships Jesus of Nazareth is violating the Second Mitzvah (Commandment) prohibiting the worship of other than the one, true and indivisible G-d and is no longer a Jew and will not go to Heaven.
So you're saying that Christians and Non-Jews won't go to heaven?

It's the opposite. Those who don't believe in Jesus Christ won't go heaven.

Jews don't seem to understand it, and will never do until they realize their big mistake after death. However, I think Christ will still forgive them since he said to his father to "forgive them, they don't know what they're doing" the day Jews crucified Christ.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Did you read my post?

Judaism is passed through the mother. The only way a child is born Jewish is if the mother is Jewish.
Why is it thru the mother, and not the father?

You have the fathers last name, not the mothers (unless Jews might be different). Did you know that the fathers sperm decides the baby's sex, not the mothers. No sperm = no baby

Old 12-15-2011, 09:34 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Lucy- View Post

You have the fathers last name, not the mothers (unless Jews might be different). Did you know that the fathers sperm decides the baby's sex, not the mothers. No sperm = no baby

Jewish law

Old 12-15-2011, 11:15 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,672,241 times
Quote:
... but still they are not going to heaven unless they believe in God.
Jews who commit idolatry by worshiping Jesus of Nazareth by violating the Second Mitzvah (Commandment) prohibiting the worship of other than the one, true and indivisible G-d, will not go to Heaven.

Gentiles who commit the same sin are judged by a more lenient standard, and, if they are otherwise a good person, or, in other words, they follow the 7 Noahic Commandments, they will go to Heaven.

Old 12-15-2011, 11:15 AM

4,729 posts, read 4,361,712 times
Quote:
We know with 100% certainty who the mother is every time. Can't say the same for the father.

Quote:
So you're saying that Christians and Non-Jews won't go to heaven?
According to Jewish thought, non-Jews also have a share in Olam Haba (the world to come, or "heaven" as you call it). As referenced earlier in this thread, a non-Jew need only follow the 7 Noahide Laws, which were the laws that were in existence up until the time of the flood. I know that your religion denies Jews access to Olam Haba per your dogma, but we are not so cruel.

Quote:
It's the opposite. Those who don't believe in Jesus Christ won't go heaven.
Ironicly, a "Jew" who believes in Yuske will not have a share in Olam Haba, as Walter noted earlier in this thread. I suspect any non-Jew who helps a Jew begin believing in Yuske also forfeits their share of Olam Haba as well. It's a shame that so many non-Jews proselytize to Jews, since doing so likely forfeits their share of Olam Haba.

Quote:
Not all Jews belong to the Judaism faith.
Nonsense. If you are Jewish and accept the 613 commandments given to the Jewish nation at Mount Sinai, then you are a Jew. Believing in Yuske is not one of those 613. In fact, NOT believing in him IS one of the 613 (although of course Yuske's name appears nowhere in the Jewish Bible, as much as many Chrstians want to graft it in there).

Old 12-15-2011, 11:18 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,672,241 times
Quote:
Did you know that large number of Jews don't believe in God, are secular & atheist?
That's not a great secret, and is the reason that the Moshiach has not yet come..

Quote:
Not all Jews belong to the Judaism faith.
These Jews are referred to as non-observant, secular Jews.

Old 12-15-2011, 11:50 AM

20 posts, read 22,221 times
Actually there are Jews who believe in Christ, so called 'Jews for Jesus'.
When I visited Israel with two of my friends, there were some Jews out there who thought we all were Jews and asked us and taught us about Jesus Christ. I asked them if they were Christians, they said "No, were Jewish but try to teach other Jews that Christ is the messiah".

Old 12-15-2011, 12:01 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenceDad View Post
Actually there are Jews who believe in Christ, so called 'Jews for Jesus'.
When I visited Israel with two of my friends, there were some Jews out there who thought we all were Jews and asked us and taught us about Jesus Christ. I asked them if they were Christians, they said "No, were Jewish but try to teach other Jews that Christ is the messiah".

To Jews they are nothing more then Christians. They have left Judaism and believe in Jesus.

They target Jews. They are not Jewish and what they do is despicable. I will never understand why Christians can't just be happy with their religion and leave Jewish people alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality