Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 09:55 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,065,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil1989 View Post
salvation is at hand for everyone who accepts..the term christianity came after the death...it was still a continuance of jewish faith..so really the christians should be called jews and the jews of today should be called something else because they chose to turn their back on their saviour and we didnt(Christians)

exactly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 09:59 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
This is kinda interesting, the pentatuch, or first five books of the christer bible are the exact same thing as the Hebrew "torah", the holy book of judaeism, it is well established that the christers are an offshoot of the Jews, a subset as it were. Any/all religions have their issues, were these not present man would not have this need to create a god. when christers split off into their splinter group (pun intended) quite a few jews, didn't believe their claims of geezus, the christers in a typical show of their style and grace, said essentially " then you can't come into our imaginary playground and play with us....NA NA, NA, BOO BOO!" They then held their breath until they turned blue, some may have passed out and wet themselves and henceforth disliked jews. Yup, just the kind of mature, adult reaction I have come to expect from the christers.

Old 01-14-2009, 10:32 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,381,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emil1989 View Post
salvation is at hand for everyone who accepts..the term christianity came after the death...it was still a continuance of jewish faith..so really the christians should be called jews and the jews of today should be called something else because they chose to turn their back on their saviour and we didnt(Christians)
Thanks for clearing that up.
I will now refer to all Christians as Jews. Let me know when you figure out what the actual Jewish people should be called. I'd hate for my terminology to be out-of-date.

Old 01-14-2009, 12:02 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
This is kinda interesting, the pentatuch, or first five books of the christer bible are the exact same thing as the Hebrew "torah", the holy book of judaeism, it is well established that the christers are an offshoot of the Jews, a subset as it were. Any/all religions have their issues, were these not present man would not have this need to create a god. when christers split off into their splinter group (pun intended) quite a few jews, didn't believe their claims of geezus, the christers in a typical show of their style and grace, said essentially " then you can't come into our imaginary playground and play with us....NA NA, NA, BOO BOO!" They then held their breath until they turned blue, some may have passed out and wet themselves and henceforth disliked jews. Yup, just the kind of mature, adult reaction I have come to expect from the christers.
Thank you! I couldn't have said it better myself. And that includes the "Na, na, boo boo" part.

Old 01-14-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
Thanks for clearing that up.
I will now refer to all Christians as Jews. Let me know when you figure out what the actual Jewish people should be called. I'd hate for my terminology to be out-of-date.
I believe that the Mormons also refer to anyone following a different faith as "gentiles." So now I think I'm about to be totally confused. I'm a Christian...I'm a Gentile...and all along I thought I was Jewish.

Old 01-14-2009, 12:30 PM

2,595 posts, read 4,438,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I realize that there is an interconnectedness in the history of the Christian faith and Judaism and I'm certainly no expert on the subject. From the Christian perspective the Bible clearly states that the Jews are the chosen people and Jesus himself is said to be a Jew. What seems perplexing to me is that the main religion of the Jews in the world is Judaism which of course has it's own set of beliefs and doesn't accept Jesus as the messiah. My question isn't really about Jusaism, it's about Christianity, and I'm simply wondering why the chosen people according to the Christian faith are the Jews and yet they don't even share the basic beliefs of Christians. This brings up a few questions. Christians believe that only by accepting Christ can an individual be saved. Does this mean that the overwhelming majority of Jews, God's chosen people, will not be saved? Also, doesn't it seem very strange that God's chosen people, according to Christianity, aren't even believers in the Christian faith?
Jewish people don't believe in hell, so they do not have anything to be saved from.

Christianity is a sect of Judaism. Even though most jewish people reject it. God however is still going to bless the children of Abraham because of his faith in God. Abraham beleived and saw Jesus, his descendants are the ones who have rejected Jesus. One day the veil that is before the eyes of the Jewish nation will fall off and they will be resored. They will then beleive in Jesus and be the most agressive evangelist this world has ever seen. They will be restored as Moses prophesied in Deut: 30.

Old 01-14-2009, 01:11 PM

30 posts, read 22,293 times
Default Why Jews don't honor the divinity of Jesus

the Jews don't believe in the divinity of Jesus, because they wrote the whole thing as a way to corrupt their Roman overlords.

THE OLD TESTAMENT
The Jewish elite wrote the first part of 'Judaism' only after 536 BC upon returning from Babylon captivity. They wrote and invented characters like Moses, David and Solomon as a means to unite the Samaritan and Judean peasants under their authority in Nehemiah's temple in Jerusalem. They were given this authority by the King of Persia to collect taxes for him through the temple. He didn't trust them with an army, so they were left with 'rule through religion'.

The oldest books of the bible are actually cobbled together pieces of Egyptian poetry, Persian theology (i.e. angels and monotheism) and folk 'histories' of the Samaritans (old Israel) and Judeans. The evidence that this is exactly what went on is from the Samaritans, themselves. At the time of Nehemiah's 'rebuilding' of the Jerusalem temple, the leader of the Samaritans, named Sanballat, was making fun of Nehemiah and building his own temple on Mt. Gezarim in Nablus, West Bank. Today, this site is being exacavated by Israeli archeologists. Sanballat's temple was dedicated to Elohim, the god of the Samaritans. Nehemiah's temple was dedicated to Yaweh, the god of the Judeans. Both gods, go way back as minor household gods in the Semitic pantheon and are mentioned as early as 3,000 BC (royal archives of Ebla) as minor gods under the main god Dagon. The Samaritans didn't believe the clap trap the Jews were telling them. This is the original source of the animosity between Jews and Samaritans mentioned in the New Testament.

The Jews found that these fake documents worked and fooled a lot of hoi polloi Jews. The 'religion' established itself in the area. It was further tweaked as the Jews fought Greek influence of the Seleucid empire. New books were added to the old testament. The Septaguint was written in Greek and added to the library at Alexandria. For a century, the Seleucids allowed the Jews to rule Palestine (approx 164 BC to 64BC). Then the Romans came in and took over rule of Palestine.

THE NEW TESTAMENT
The Jews, smarting under Roman rule, realized they were never going to physically get rid of these conquerors. They decided to invent yet another new religion for 'the gentiles' to worm their way into how the conquerors thought. Think of it this way, the Jews said, "You may rule our land, but we will rule your minds!"

The Jews had already practiced corrupting a people by their own religion and so they set about doing it to the Romans. The whole purpose of Christianity was to turn Romans into second-class Jews and then rule them through religion. The exercise was itself corrupted when Jews were usurped by Greeks who caught on to what they were doing and saw it as a means to further their own power among the Romans. The Greeks had expelled the Jews from early Christianity by the end of the 1st century. It was then that they began building the mythology of modern Christianity.

This is the short tour, but it is accurate. This is the reason Jews don't acknowledge Christianity - they know it is a fake religion. What the Jews don't understand is, "Judaism is the mother of all fake religions". A final addendum to this, it is highly likely that 'Christianity' pre-existed the Jews tinkering with it. This earliest, now lost Christianity would have been a form of Zoarastrianism moderated by Greek Neo-Platonic philosophy. The evidence for this exists in ancient church records and in the theology of Christianity, itself. The more profound aspects of Christian theology are owing to these two sources, not Judaism.

Old 01-14-2009, 01:14 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,458,946 times
To the OP:
You're asking questions about the facticity of subject matter that is actually mumbo-jumbo, to those who believe in mumbo-jumbo, using the vocabulary of those who wrote the mumbo-jumbo. This doesn't seem to be a fruitful approach to disseminating information about well-established facts.

Old 01-14-2009, 01:22 PM

30 posts, read 22,293 times
Default the Chosen People

The only reason Jews are 'the chosen people' is they named themselves that and insist that everyone else acknowledge them as such. It is arrogant, ignorant behavior and people are known by their actions rather than their words. If the behavior of Jews, through the centuries, and in modern times is an example of what god delights in, then that god is a real a-hole. It is abundantly clear that the god of the Jews is made in their image rather than they in his. Only idiots believe the Jews are the 'chosen' people and the Jews know that. They laugh at all you people.

It should be highly embarrassing that so many people in the 21st century still believe clap-trap written to fool 6th century BC peasants. Apparently, peasants in 6th Century BC Palestine had more going for them upstairs than modern bible-thumpers do.

Old 01-14-2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
One day the veil that is before the eyes of the Jewish nation will fall off and they will be resored. They will then beleive in Jesus and be the most agressive evangelist this world has ever seen. They will be restored as Moses prophesied in Deut: 30.
Speaking as one of those Jewish people, I wish you wouldn't impose your religious beliefs on me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality