Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2011, 03:49 PM

939 posts, read 1,024,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Absolutely not.

Again, Judaism 101: What About Jesus? explains why it doesn't.
umm...yah....they do. I'd love to discuss it with you if you are able to tell me in your own words why you think he isn't Messiah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 03:50 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times
An error some Christians make is they assume that all Non Christians should be grateful for having Christians bring Jesus(as) to them. They are appalled if we tell them we already know about Jesus(as) and consider it a very grave sin they worship him.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
An error some Christians make is they assume that all Non Christians should be grateful for having Christians bring Jesus(as) to them. They are appalled if we tell them we already know about Jesus(as) and consider it a very grave sin they worship him.
I certainly realize that. You consider it quite scandalous. there is no more reason to believe that a Jew would embrace Christ than any pagan wallowing in his sin. Unfortunately, without him you will not see eternal life and instead will die in your sin and suffer an eternity in hell. I implore you to reconsider your view.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:09 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I just find it really sad that Christians need to see their religion as being successful by converting another group of people.

It shows lack of understanding, respect and it speaks to a misunderstanding of G-d and the people Israel.

As a Pagan I feel your pain however like someone else said they are doing what thier bible tells them to do. Personally I believe that the OT & NT are two very different books. Not to mention two different religions.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I just find it really sad that Christians need to see their religion as being successful by converting another group of people.

It shows lack of understanding, respect and it speaks to a misunderstanding of G-d and the people Israel.
would you prefer we be like Muslims who define success by wiping out any and all other religions by force or simply legislate against it?

Old 11-17-2011, 05:13 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,685,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
Unfortunately, without him you will not see eternal life and instead will die in your sin and suffer an eternity in hell. I implore you to reconsider your view.
A Jew who worships Jesus of Nazareth would not be allowed into Heaven.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:15 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
would you prefer we be like Muslims who define success by wiping out any and all other religions by force or simply legislate against it?

Isn't that what the evanglicals here in the U.S are trying to do? Pushing thier faith into every aspect of people's lifes. Pray in school & in the pledge of alligance.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
I certainly realize that. You consider it quite scandalous. there is no more reason to believe that a Jew would embrace Christ than any pagan wallowing in his sin. Unfortunately, without him you will not see eternal life and instead will die in your sin and suffer an eternity in hell. I implore you to reconsider your view.
I originally was Christian and at one time quite an Evangelical Missionary. I came to learn that to worship Jesus(as) is the one unforgivable sin and is idolatry. I love Jesus(as) deeply as one of the true Prophets and believe that as a Muslim I am following what he really taught and that is to worship the one God(swt) and not ascribe partners, equals or sons to Him.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:37 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
Quote:

Actually, the Jewish scriptures affirm him as Messiah.
Nope.

You are mistaken. You have a right to hold on to your mistaken beliefs.

You are absolutely wrong. There is nothing awful about being wrong, but you can not and must not force people to convert to your religion.

The Jews are not going to convert to Christianity.

Israel is not going to proclaim Christianity as the state religion.

What are you going to do about it?

Old 11-17-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:

Isn't that what some Christians are already doing? Of course I may be mistaken and Christians are actually welcoming us to spread in Christian majority countries.

It is ok for us to be Muslims here in the USA as long as we don't try to bring people to the Qur'an. But what would happen if we started going door to door handing out Qur'ans to our Christian neighbors and tell them they are going to hell if they do not accept Islam?

Most Muslims know and respect religious freedom stops at our neighbors front door, we either do not go to the neighbor or we go on their terms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality