Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2011, 12:05 PM

20 posts, read 22,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
To Jews they are nothing more then Christians. They have left Judaism and believe in Jesus.

They target Jews. They are not Jewish and what they do is despicable. I will never understand why Christians can't just be happy with their religion and leave Jewish people alone.
But they said they were still Jewish but believed in Jesus Christ

There's a large Jewish center in northern NJ where it says ''Jews for Jesus'' as the name of the building, with both star of David and Cross outside the temple yard, along with Israeli flag and the American one.

I think Christians wants the Jews to be saved and go to heaven
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 12:05 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,364,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenceDad View Post
Actually there are Jews who believe in Christ, so called 'Jews for Jesus'.
When I visited Israel with two of my friends, there were some Jews out there who thought we all were Jews and asked us and taught us about Jesus Christ. I asked them if they were Christians, they said "No, were Jewish but try to teach other Jews that Christ is the messiah".
Hi LaurenceDad. I think you're just popping your head into this thread. There are many pages in this thread demonstrating that anyone who calls himself a Jew, but says he believes in Jesus, is in fact NOT a Jew. A better word to describe that person would be: Chrstian.

Read back through this thread, I think you'll find it enlightening.

To everybody else, what I find fascinating, is that well-meaning people like LaurenceDad could be so easily misled by these missionary Chrstians, to be led to think it's possible for Jews to believe in Jesus. I had not idea people fell for this garbage.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:11 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenceDad View Post
But they said they were still Jewish but believed in Jesus Christ

There's a large Jewish center in northern NJ where it says ''Jews for Jesus'' as the name of the building, with both star of David and Cross outside the temple yard, along with Israeli flag and the American one.

I think Christians wants the Jews to be saved and go to heaven

Yes and there is a group called Jews for Judaism that fights and defends against those Jews for Jesus.

Sorry but once a Jew leaves his Jewish religion to be a Christian he is not a Jew anymore and is not seen as Jewish by Jews.

I don't care what Christians want. I am a Jew and I would never renounce my Jewishness to follow Christianity.

Jews are not worried about the what Christians believe. In fact we have and are perfectly fine with what we believe.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
once a Jew leaves his Jewish religion to be a Christian he is not a Jew anymore and is not seen as Jewish by Jews.
The bolded part of jazzymom's statement above is the critical part to understand. If the Jews will not accept these people as Jews, I don't think anybody else's opinion in relevant, including their own.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
The bolded part of jazzymom's statement above is the critical part to understand. If the Jews will not accept these people as Jews, I don't think anybody else's opinion in relevant, including their own.

Exactly! What opinions non Jews have on this means nothing to the Jewish community. Those who have left Judaism to be Christian have made a choice to be a part of another religion.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
If the Jews will not accept these people as Jews, I don't think anybody else's opinion in relevant, including their own.
I could self-identify myself as a cardiothoracic surgeon (I'm not), but if I did, the likelihood is I would kill somebody if I stood in front of an operating table.

The fact that these guys told you they believed in Jesus and then said they were still Jews, is quite irrelevant (unless you are interested in the subject of why these monsters try to trick Jews into disposing of their souls and giving up their share of the world to come).

Old 12-15-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
I could self-identify myself as a cardiothoracic surgeon (I'm not), but if I did, the likelihood is I would kill somebody if I stood in front of an operating table.

The fact that these guys told you they believed in Jesus and then said they were still Jews, is quite irrelevant (unless you are interested in the subject of why these monsters try to trick Jews into disposing of their souls and giving up their share of the world to come).

And they are tricky when they do it. They target people who are not strong Jews or who may have been Jews who did not grow up Jewish. They tell them they can be "completed" Jews. They set up their services to look like a Jewish service and they use Hebrew in the service. It is really underhanded.

There is a movie I watched by Chutzpa productions called "The Chosen People" that talks about a Messianic community in Canada and how these groups work.
Jews for Judaism has set up a place next door to them.

The messianic congregation in the movie is The City of David. This movie interviews both Jews and Messianic Christians and shows how dangerous these groups are to Jewish people.

Last edited by Jazzymom; 12-15-2011 at 12:44 PM..

Old 12-15-2011, 12:50 PM

You know, Lucy keeps saying the Jews are no longer "chosen." I think that's an interesting arguement, as I've never met a religious Jew who cares about that saying, "chosen people." I'm not sure if secular and non-religious Jews like the term. I guess I can see why goyim don't like the term, because it connotates that we are better than them.

I think the better phrase, is that a Jew is required to be a holy priest, a light onto the nations. We are supposed to lead lives of Torah and mitzvahs, and thereby demonstrate to the world that it is possible to live a life of morality and good.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
You know, Lucy keeps saying the Jews are no longer "chosen." I think that's an interesting arguement, as I've never met a religious Jew who cares about that saying, "chosen people." I'm not sure if secular and non-religious Jews like the term. I guess I can see why goyim don't like the term, because it connotates that we are better than them.

I think the better phrase, is that a Jew is required to be a holy priest, a light onto the nations. We are supposed to lead lives of Torah and mitzvahs, and thereby demonstrate to the world that it is possible to live a life of morality and good.

It is not a term that I think of so much other then it is our covenant. It does not make us better it just is our covenant with G-d.

But others who are so quick to condemn our covenant often speak of their covenant through Jesus. Many believe that their covenant is the "new" covenant.

But I see the covenant just as you stated above.

Old 12-15-2011, 03:50 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,685,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I will never understand why Christians can't just be happy with their religion and leave Jewish people alone.
It's an inherent part of their belief system that they need to convert others, especially Jews, to the worship of Jesus of Nazareth, because otherwise the others will not get into Heaven.

Jews do not need to covert others because of the belief that a person does not need to be Jewish to get to Heaven, and only has to be a good person (to obey the 7 Noahic Commandments).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality