Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 02:11 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Would you like to actually discuss them? Or were you just interested in copying/pasting them from some site in order to try to look smart?
What kind of response is this? Why don't you address the issues raised in the thread instead of attacking the person who wrote the post?

Personally, these are the same questions I have about abhorrent violence and destruction in the OT. The word of God should be timeless and apply to all men at all times shouldn't it? The implication of God in these horrific acts is nothing more than man attmpting to justify their awful deeds.

Interesting that these verses are never read during church services.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 02:47 PM

1,788 posts, read 4,753,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
"What is Truth ???"
Is your keyboard broken? You keep repeating this in multiple threads as if it's a significant question.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:40 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
I had never seen those passages regarding people who are handicapped before. I really don't know what a Christian could say to defend something like this and I don't think kdbrich's comments about having perfect bodies in heaven would justify mistreating someone who was born into this life with a physical disability that they had no control over. What would you think if you saw someone in public mistreating someone in a wheelchair? I think most of us would call the police but I guess it's ok if God treats them with disrespect since he made them.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:27 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I had never seen those passages regarding people who are handicapped before. I really don't know what a Christian could say to defend something like this and I don't think kdbrich's comments about having perfect bodies in heaven would justify mistreating someone who was born into this life with a physical disability that they had no control over. What would you think if you saw someone in public mistreating someone in a wheelchair? I think most of us would call the police but I guess it's ok if God treats them with disrespect since he made them.
Good post. I only wish there was a thread for unintentional christian humor.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:39 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,346,950 times
What good posts these are. Thanks so much. I couldn't rep some people twice here.

did you know that in the entire Bible Satan only killed a few people and God killed 399,933 and his people killed another
2,017,956 or so people? And that is only in the Bible.

Who did Satan kill? Job's children, but this was with permission of God.

And of course this is a very low number of people that God killed in the bible, because if you don't worship him and Jesus then you will burn in hell for eternity. And it doesn't matter how good you have been--whether you are naughtly or nice; what matters is that you don't worship him. A saint would go to hell if he/she did not believe in Christ.

Last edited by Mattie Jo; 01-20-2009 at 04:50 PM..

Old 01-20-2009, 04:59 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,346,950 times
Here are some more fun verses:

And so now in order to calm God down we have heads rollin'

Numbers 25:4

"And the LORD said unto Moses, 'Take all the heads of the people, and hang them up before the LORD against the sun, that the fierce anger of the LORD may be turned away from Israel."

Here's two that need no comment:

"And thou shalt eat it as barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man, in their sight. And the LORD said, Even thus shall the children of Israel eat their defiled bread among the Gentiles, whither I will drive them." (Ezekiel 4:12-13)

“Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it.” (Malachi 2:3)

Just when I thought God was against abortion. what did the unborn child do to deserve this:

"The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open." (Hosea 13:16)

"At that time Menahem, starting out from Tirzah, attacked Tiphsah and everyone in the city and its vicinity, because they refused to open their gates. He sacked Tiphsah and ripped open all the pregnant women."

(2 Kings 15:16)

Old 01-20-2009, 05:21 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
Wow, the God of the Old Testament is just a gag a minute! I'm not familiar with alot of those passages but it's obvious that the Bible should be an X rated book.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:45 PM

23,012 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Unless you become a Christian and receive the Holy Spirit, you will never understand the things that happened in the OT, or NT.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:41 PM

661 posts, read 1,183,601 times
What about murdering innocent babies? God murdered David and Bathsheba's completely innocent baby son because of David's sin.

Then he murdered 70,000 innnocent Israelites because David took an illegal census! I mean, is their any more heinous a crime than taking a census without God's permission? God gave David 3 options for punishment and he opted for a plague on the people. He of course, was spared.

The injustice here is staggering. Im only glad that Christians cherry pick the Scriptures and come up with roughly the same secular laws that any decent human being recognizes are only right and just and that does not mean punishing innocents for someone else's misdemeanors.

Last edited by Ringwielder; 01-20-2009 at 06:53 PM..

Old 01-20-2009, 06:57 PM

661 posts, read 1,183,601 times
Quote:
Unless you become a Christian and receive the Holy Spirit, you will never understand the things that happened in the OT, or NT.
Sounds like the Holy Spirit is some sort of drug God uses to blind His followers to His crimes against humanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality