Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 11:04 AM
BST

451 posts, read 1,202,200 times

Advertisements

How many personalities make up the NY Yankees? Are they not still the Yankees...love 'em or hate 'em? How hard is it to look at 9 players and call them 1 entity? Can you not also look at 3 identities and call them 1 deity?

(I know, there are 26 players on the roster...plus a manager and position coaches. Maybe they somehow equate to the 7 spirits mathematically.)

My point is, we'll accept certain concepts when it comes to the carnal world, but fight to the death over the same concept when it comes to the spiritual world. What gives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 11:07 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,187,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
this is only for my understanding

pick the the correct answer

jesus is

1- God
2- son of God
3- God and son of God
4- a prophet
All of the above

Old 01-23-2009, 11:20 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,838,501 times
The answer is: all but no. 2. That's the claim of the Quran.

I'll explain with great pleasure: it is realized after Redemption of the common man for trust and justice, that praise be to Allah he had no son on Earth; all the gifts were mercifully begot from the Love we bear.

It was the grest news that there was no son of God for the Freedom of god: the Alpha and Omega... the One true God.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:31 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,187,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
The answer is: all but no. 2. That's the claim of the Quran.
The New Testament warns us that Satan will transform himself into an angel of light. Was that really Gabriel? Would Satan lie? Could the real purpose of the Quran be to deny the divinity, the Godhood, of Christ? These are important things to consider. Soul's salvation depend on being right. Christians and Moslems agree on one thing: Jesus was a prophet. Moslems believe he was a prophet and nothing more, Christians believe he was a prophet and much more. My question to the followers of Islam: if Jesus was a prophet, and we agree that he was, what were his prophecies? What did he say was going to happen? His prophecies are contained only in the New Testament of the Bible, they are not in the Quran or Hadiths. You should read them, you will be astounded at what he says will happen. My heart goes out to Moslems as I see them seeking God so earnestly. In loving kindness I beg you to read Jesus's prophecies. May it be God's will that we all will be together in Paradise.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:49 PM

795 posts, read 2,409,247 times
Quote:
this is only for my understanding

pick the the correct answer

jesus is

1- God
2- son of God
3- God and son of God
4- a prophet
Jesus is all four. There is no contradiction. As we see in some movies an actor can play multiple roles. However some would say that the actor is still a particular joe. But this only means that humans are limited to a single entity. God however is not limted to just being one actor...

Old 01-23-2009, 07:00 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
The New Testament warns us that Satan will transform himself into an angel of light. Was that really Gabriel? Would Satan lie? Could the real purpose of the Quran be to deny the divinity, the Godhood, of Christ? These are important things to consider. Soul's salvation depend on being right. Christians and Moslems agree on one thing: Jesus was a prophet. Moslems believe he was a prophet and nothing more, Christians believe he was a prophet and much more. My question to the followers of Islam: if Jesus was a prophet, and we agree that he was, what were his prophecies? What did he say was going to happen? His prophecies are contained only in the New Testament of the Bible, they are not in the Quran or Hadiths. You should read them, you will be astounded at what he says will happen. My heart goes out to Moslems as I see them seeking God so earnestly. In loving kindness I beg you to read Jesus's prophecies. May it be God's will that we all will be together in Paradise.
Best wishes to you too dear christian brother. Regarding the new testament - didnt it come out decades after Jesus was no more? Written by men?
See the Gospel of John:
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. (John 14:16-17, KJV)
Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. (John 16:7KJV)
There see..as you said, Jesus did make prophecies : Who is the Comforter? "the Comforter" is someone who would come after the departure of Jesus. In fact "the Holy Spirit" was active according to the Old Testament as well as the Gospels, before the departure of Jesus. So the predicted "Comforter" was someone other than the Holy Spirit.
And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. (John 16:8-13, KJV)
The above verses mean that "the Comforter" would not be a member of the Trinity (i.e. God Himself according to the Christians) because he would be someone who speaks what he hears (i.e. hears from God), and "he shall not speak of himself." That is, he would not be God the Holy Spirit.
He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. (John 16:14, KJV)
That is, "the Comforter" will glorify Jesus. We find that it was Muhammad who glorified Jesus, by quoting the Word of God in the Qur'an, as he ought to be glorified.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:09 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,352,591 times
The problem I see is the bible is nothing more than a book of myths, and it is the only source saying there was a Jesus, much less the son of a god.
I think there is a much better chance there was never a Jesus Character and it is all fiction. The sad part is the millions who have and are dying in the name of this make believe god.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:12 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,249,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
The problem I see is the bible is nothing more than a book of myths, and it is the only source saying there was a Jesus, much less the son of a god.
I think there is a much better chance there was never a Jesus Character and it is all fiction. The sad part is the millions who have and are dying in the name of this make believe god.

Jesus is real
the sad part is the millions who does not believe that he is only a prophet

the sad part is the millions who believe that he is the savior while the savior is Allah

the sad part is the millions who does not believe that he is a prophet just like Moses and Mahammad peace be upon them all

Old 01-23-2009, 10:00 PM

23,010 posts, read 34,368,409 times
Quote:
Jesus is real
the sad part is the millions who does not believe that he is only a prophet

the sad part is the millions who believe that he is the savior while the savior is Allah

the sad part is the millions who does not believe that he is a prophet just like Moses and Mahammad peace be upon them all
Yes Jesus is real and what is sad to me is that millions don't know Him as their Savior.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:11 PM

897 posts, read 2,457,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
What that's what you do?
I am not saying you sell the case I meant to say christianity...For me I personally I like to discuss religion...I dont sell anything it is not need for in the old testament zeph 3 9. For then I will convert the peoples to a pure language that all of them call in the name of the Lord, to worship Him of one accord. ....so i believe that god will take care of the converting...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality