Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 01:03 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,050,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
at least the word God is not his name

and the word Jesus is not the name of Jesus

there is no origin holy book in english

and names should not be translated

Not sure what your point is with this.

There's no English koran either, is there? Was mohammed's name translated? Does it look the same in the original language?

We have God's name from descriptions of himself. There are several dozens of names for himself...but the closest thing we have to his actual name is YHWH. In any event, he's much more Holy and just than allah. The God of the Bible requires payment for sin--not just a balance pointing toward good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 01:05 PM

2,331 posts, read 2,832,924 times
And with value, that is irrational. Hey, I get a chance to protray the easy soltuion I've had for years. We could make a vast project of capturing (I guess that is the rational term) CO2 from the side of highways; get a solotion of carbonated water (that is without value. Ooops; this site really was of value instead.)

Old 02-28-2009, 02:47 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,247,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Not sure what your point is with this.

There's no English koran either, is there? Was mohammed's name translated? Does it look the same in the original language?

We have God's name from descriptions of himself. There are several dozens of names for himself...but the closest thing we have to his actual name is YHWH. In any event, he's much more Holy and just than allah. The God of the Bible requires payment for sin--not just a balance pointing toward good.
the main name for God is Allah but also he has The most beautiful names

The most beautiful names belong to Allah. so call on him by them; but shun such men as use profanity in his names: for what they do, they will soon be requited.

YHWH can not be a name and it means o he and o he in arabic sound like ya hwo.

The suffix "IM" of the word "ELOHIM" is a plural of respect in Hebrew.
(Remember that in Arabic and Hebrew there are two types of plurals. One of numbers and the other of honour as in Royal proclamations. Since the plural of honour is uncommon in the language of the European, he has confused these plurals to connote a plurality in the "godhead," hence his justification for his Doctrine of the Holy Trinity - the Father, Son and Holy Ghost).
Hence ELOHIM = ELOH + IM. Now I want you to perform an exercise. Do you see the words: YA-HUWA ELOH-IM? Place your left hand index finger on the first two letters "YA" meaning oh! and the other index finger on the "IM" a plural of respect. What you now have remaining in Huwa Eloh or Huwa Elah. El in Hebrew means god, and Elah or Eloh also stands for the same name - god. Therefore, "Huwa el Elah" or HUWA 'L LAH, which is identical to the Quranic expression - Huwal lah hu (meaning: HE IS ALLAH) of the verse QUL HUWAL LAH HU AHUDAhmed Deedat

YouTube - The name of God is Allah even in the Bible

and jesus

his true name sound like Iesa or Eisa or Isa
the first letter of his true name does not exist in the English letters .
and his name in arabic means the word of God or created by the word of God

the nearest letter in english is a, e or i and i think the one who translated his name to english he choose the first letter J by mistake or by translation misunderstanding
he was supposed to use the letter I or E for the first name letter of Jesus name
then the true name in Arabic and the translated name in English will be very close
Yahshua, Yehoshua, Y'shua, Yeshua, Iesous,Iesus, or Jesus The Sacred Name or True Name
in the above link Iesous was one the names and if we remove the last two letters us then the name in English will match the name in Arabic.

so Jesus his true name is not Jesus

but iesa as it is pronounced in the quran

and this one of translation errors in the bibles

Old 02-28-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
the main name for God is Allah but also he has The most beautiful names

The most beautiful names belong to Allah. so call on him by them; but shun such men as use profanity in his names: for what they do, they will soon be requited.

YHWH can not be a name and it means o he and o he in arabic sound like ya hwo.
Actually, in Hebrew, without the consanants, it's YHWH, or Yahweh.
Quote:

The suffix "IM" of the word "ELOHIM" is a plural of respect in Hebrew.
(Remember that in Arabic and Hebrew there are two types of plurals. One of numbers and the other of honour as in Royal proclamations. Since the plural of honour is uncommon in the language of the European, he has confused these plurals to connote a plurality in the "godhead," hence his justification for his Doctrine of the Holy Trinity - the Father, Son and Holy Ghost).
Hence ELOHIM = ELOH + IM. Now I want you to perform an exercise. Do you see the words: YA-HUWA ELOH-IM? Place your left hand index finger on the first two letters "YA" meaning oh! and the other index finger on the "IM" a plural of respect. What you now have remaining in Huwa Eloh or Huwa Elah. El in Hebrew means god, and Elah or Eloh also stands for the same name - god. Therefore, "Huwa el Elah" or HUWA 'L LAH, which is identical to the Quranic expression - Huwal lah hu (meaning: HE IS ALLAH) of the verse QUL HUWAL LAH HU AHUDAhmed Deedat

YouTube - The name of God is Allah even in the Bible

Nope. Sorry. Sounds a little similar...but not the same.

In any event, allah, as described in islam, is much much different than the God of the Bible. Your allah is a false god, who is a sham. He has no standard of justice.

Quote:
and jesus

his true name sound like Iesa or Eisa or Isa
the first letter of his true name does not exist in the English letters .
and his name in arabic means the word of God or created by the word of God

the nearest letter in english is a, e or i and i think the one who translated his name to english he choose the first letter J by mistake or by translation misunderstanding
he was supposed to use the letter I or E for the first name letter of Jesus name
then the true name in Arabic and the translated name in English will be very close
Yahshua, Yehoshua, Y'shua, Yeshua, Iesous,Iesus, or Jesus The Sacred Name or True Name
in the above link Iesous was one the names and if we remove the last two letters us then the name in English will match the name in Arabic.

so Jesus his true name is not Jesus

but iesa as it is pronounced in the quran

and this one of translation errors in the bibles
As with Jehovah, your Jesus is not the same Jesus as the Bible. I'd be more concerned with WHO he is, than what his name is, personally.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Actually, in Hebrew, without the consanants, it's YHWH, or Yahweh.

Nope. Sorry. Sounds a little similar...but not the same.

In any event, allah, as described in islam, is much much different than the God of the Bible. Your allah is a false god, who is a sham. He has no standard of justice.

As with Jehovah, your Jesus is not the same Jesus as the Bible. I'd be more concerned with WHO he is, than what his name is, personally.

why do you call it bible ?
your "holy book" does not have one verse that has the word bible.

even the name of title is not as it should be.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:39 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,341,807 times
Quote:

It simply means book.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:

It comes from "biblio". The Bible is a collection of books. 66 of them, actually.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
It simply means book.
Quote:
It comes from "biblio". The Bible is a collection of books. 66 of them, actually.

The Bible does not contain self-reference

the word quran is inside the the quran .
the quran was named by God

there is no holy book s called Bible

the names of the holy books are

the Qur’aan, the Tawraat (Torah), the Injeel (Gospel), the Zaboor (Psalms), and the Scriptures of Ibraaheem and Moosa.

i want to show the control and audit of a book by God and a book by a human

Old 03-02-2009, 06:10 AM

15,750 posts, read 7,540,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
good you did. although it renders me to pessimism regarding quick fixes to cognitive deficits and general decline of wholeness beyond the common rather materialist approaches.

you are going to challenge me to think aren't you. yep, i see the hand writing on the wall. well good deal. somebody needs to...

Old 03-02-2009, 06:15 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,341,807 times
Quote:
The Bible does not contain self-reference

the word quran is inside the the quran .
the quran was named by God

there is no holy book s called Bible

the names of the holy books are

the Qur’aan, the Tawraat (Torah), the Injeel (Gospel), the Zaboor (Psalms), and the Scriptures of Ibraaheem and Moosa.

i want to show the control and audit of a book by God and a book by a human
You concern yourself too much with words and names.

The Bible does contain self reference, they're referred to as the Scriptures. And again, just because you don't believe the whole Bible is the word of God, doesn't make it so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality