U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Yes 2 5.56%
No 8 22.22%
I already prayed/accepted Jesus Christ as My Lord and Savior before 14 38.89%
Other 12 33.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 02:39 PM

40,057 posts, read 29,796,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I have had some real encounters with God, and He has never steered me in the wrong direction.
So you're a prophet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 08:32 PM

7,654 posts, read 9,689,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
So you're a prophet?
I'm not a prophet, I'm just a man who hears from God, from time to time.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:20 PM

60 posts, read 69,499 times
I hear from God from time to time as well. That's not sarcasm, that's the truth. God reveals Himself to those who are His children. If you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you are His child.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:56 AM

2,947 posts, read 1,462,517 times
Wow!!!
God created man, the devil a fallen angel was jealous. He tempted Eve who then convinced Adam...
So Hell was created for the Evil that saten would get going.
God gave us the TEN COMMANDMENTS but mankind didn't live by them. God GAVE man FREE WILL, the right and ability to think for ones self and to decide. "CHOICE" IF mankind had, this world would be a far better place to live. But anyway, the choices made were mostly live it up and think only of ones self and the heck with anyone else. So then since all of God's laws were being broken by his own creations. (Some kind of appreciation mankind exhibited there NOT...) That pained him, angered him, so he put Jesus (The Lamb of God) here on this earth to "SAVE" mankind. Jesus tried to teach the people the error of their ways, the consequnces of them. But Jesus' time on earth was set (as is ours) he was the sacrifice, in other words our second chance. But having faith is to believe in what the eye have not seen or the ear has not heard, and to believe in anyway. God created mankind, he loved his creation and still does. And God LOVES the sinner BUT hates the sin. Because of Jesus, who is the only human that had God's favor, because he had NO SIN and lived according to God's law and plan, died for the salvation of ALL who would go to the Father through Jesus his son. He died because God does not want to lose that which he created. BUT since we have free will...some will go to heaven and some to hell. He made it easy, told us what we need to do, then the choice is ours. Plusthe new testament made things easier for us, because the penelty for sin (while alive on this earth) is not as it was in the old testament. The end result is still the same once our earthly bodies die.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:00 AM

995 posts, read 1,177,126 times
Soo..if i were to rob and steal and rape and murder, as long as i believe Jesus is God, i won't be punished and will go straight to Heaven?

Old 02-05-2009, 01:15 PM

37,644 posts, read 25,331,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
Soo..if i were to rob and steal and rape and murder, as long as i believe Jesus is God, i won't be punished and will go straight to Heaven?
Oxymoronic . . . If you believe Jesus you wouldn't rob, steal, rape or murder.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:19 PM

2,947 posts, read 1,462,517 times
I cannot vouch for how many times you could; then ask for forgiveness and get God's forgiveness. We are supposed to repent (this does take some work to do) from our sin, meaning ask for forgiveness believe and accept that forgiveness and do not repeat the sin. So if one willingly knows they've done wrong and truely seeks forgiveness then yes God is forgiving. But if one goes onto do it again and again, then there was no real seeking or repenting.

Also it is that Jesus is the son of God, and he now sits at the right hand of his father. No one goes to God before going before his son. That is why when we pray we ask "in Jesus' name".

Old 02-05-2009, 01:50 PM

1,986 posts, read 3,474,869 times
Listen to all these 'christians' writing the rules... Hmm.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Oxymoronic . . . If you believe Jesus you wouldn't rob, steal, rape or murder.
But...i thought Jesus died for our sins so basically that mean we can do no wrongs as its all been forgiven way before we're even born. So i don't have to worry if for example i stole right because Jesus has already died for my crime of stealing right?

Old 02-05-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire-rose View Post
Also it is that Jesus is the son of God, and he now sits at the right hand of his father. No one goes to God before going before his son. That is why when we pray we ask "in Jesus' name".
Now im confused Is Jesus God or the son of God? I though he was the Word? And where does the holy ghost comes into all of this??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality