U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Yes 2 5.56%
No 8 22.22%
I already prayed/accepted Jesus Christ as My Lord and Savior before 14 38.89%
Other 12 33.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 02:58 PM

2,947 posts, read 1,462,848 times

Advertisements

I am not good with words but the three are all one, Jesus is still the son of God, The Holy Spirit is that of Jesus that was risen from the dead. God is still the father of Jesus and all of creation, but just like you were born to a mother and a father you are one family. I do wish I could explain better, but I have never been good with words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 04:22 PM

4,073 posts, read 4,976,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
God does not send anyone to Hell, people send themselves there. You have freedom of choice, you can accept Christ and go to heaven, or you can reject Christ and spend all of your eternal days in Hell. It's your choice. God died on the cross to save all of us from that place. If that means nothing to you. So be it. You will just become part of the Devils rebellion, and you will take your place on his team. Now after the first 10,000 years, you might find that he's really not that nice of a guy, but remember, you had a choice long ago. Yet perhaps you will find comfort with all those thinking people down there, such as yourself. I'm sure you will have millions of years to reflect how right you were. And then perhaps
after the first ten million years, you might have a change of heart, but I suppose that will be to late. Maybe then you might think about the mistake you made. And maybe then, you might recall how Jesus once said. "How shall they neglect so great a salvation?"
That's very nice, although your god sounds like an evil and infantile zealot. Case and point, if 'Bob' spent his entire life raping little babies, burning down schools and kicking pregnant women in the stomach(because he thought it was fun), although just seconds before he died, he accepted Jesus, so he gets to go to heaven. It doesn't matter that he spent his entire life raping little babies, burning down schools and kicking pregnant women in the stomach, because he accepted Jesus. While the moral atheist who was peaceful, tolerant and compassionate gets to go to hell because they never accepted Jesus as their savior. Jesus sounds more like lifeboat. Being a virtuous person doesn't matter. Someone can be a sociopath, as long as they accept Jesus then they get to go to heaven.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:50 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,956,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Oxymoronic . . . If you believe Jesus you wouldn't rob, steal, rape or murder.
Which explains why that whole "Prison Ministry" idea never work- oh. Crap.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:39 PM

995 posts, read 1,177,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
That's very nice, although your god sounds like an evil and infantile zealot. Case and point, if 'Bob' spent his entire life raping little babies, burning down schools and kicking pregnant women in the stomach(because he thought it was fun), although just seconds before he died, he accepted Jesus, so he gets to go to heaven. It doesn't matter that he spent his entire life raping little babies, burning down schools and kicking pregnant women in the stomach, because he accepted Jesus. While the moral atheist who was peaceful, tolerant and compassionate gets to go to hell because they never accepted Jesus as their savior. Jesus sounds more like lifeboat. Being a virtuous person doesn't matter. Someone can be a sociopath, as long as they accept Jesus then they get to go to heaven.
At least in Islam, even though you're a muslim - if you do all those bad stuff and never made any efforts to do right before you die - you will be made to answer for those deeds. No hiding behind Jesus's robes. You do the crime you do the time

Basically in Islam, your accepting of the religion is like your getting a passport to Paradise - however - before you can go to Paradise you basically have to go thru customs just like any airport. There you will be subjected to examinations,questionings etc before you can be allowed to cross over. If you fail to make the grade then you have to be purified because in Paradise only the good and clean can enter and a person with sins obviously do not make the grade. So how to be purified? When he's still alive, repentance and doing all the good stuff is obviously a good start but now its too late right? No earth to go back to..water and soap are not going to wash away all that sins so.... there's only method of purification - namely the good ol' hellfire Sounds fair to me

Old 02-05-2009, 06:03 PM

7,916 posts, read 16,437,869 times
ENG.RAMY_ELRAMY wrote:
Quote:
Alot of phenomenain the universe occur every second some of them we can feel them but the most of them we can't feel them . Although the modern technology , still there are alot of mysterious phenomena for scientists such as BERMUDA TRIANGLE SECRET .
What in the hell are you talking about? If this is a new topic that has nothing to do with going to heaven you might think about starting a new thread on the subject.

Old 02-06-2009, 05:57 PM

40,057 posts, read 29,809,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
ENG.RAMY_ELRAMY wrote:

What in the hell are you talking about? If this is a new topic that has nothing to do with going to heaven you might think about starting a new thread on the subject.
He may have been speaking in tongues! I think that if you play "96 Tears" backwards, you'll find that his posting of apparent gibberish was actually the guidepost to getting into heaven.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:18 PM

7,916 posts, read 16,437,869 times
sapphire-rose wrote:
Quote:
I am not good with words but the three are all one, Jesus is still the son of God, The Holy Spirit is that of Jesus that was risen from the dead. God is still the father of Jesus and all of creation, but just like you were born to a mother and a father you are one family. I do wish I could explain better, but I have never been good with words.
Well, you must be pretty good with words because you have almost as many reputation points as you do posts. I do see a problem with your statement though. You've stated that the Holy Spirit is actually that of Jesus when he was resurrected but according to the Bible it was the Holy Spirit who caused Mary to become pregnant with Jesus so the Holy Spirit must have existed before Jesus was even born. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying because I've heard a number of Christians say that the trinity (God, The Holy Spirit and Jesus) have always existed in some form and that they are actually one entitity as opposed to three. Anyway, from someone who loves to endlessly nitpik could you explain what you mean?

Old 02-06-2009, 06:43 PM

4,349 posts, read 6,500,455 times
When I go it is going to be in Red Porsche convertible. That is the one my wife tell me I canít have. Of course that is if I can still fit behind the wheel to drive it. Oh, I forgot we are going to a make believe place so while I am pretending I will have that 18 year old body back, and my wife will be SOOOO pleased I have a new toy. That may have just crossed the line; maybe she just wonít hammer me for it.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:03 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,716,843 times
How to get to Heaven when you die:

Go South. Take a LEFT at 13th Street. Accelerate to the speed of light. (Shouldn't be a problem now that you are dead and therefore massless.) Turn RIGHT at Jupiter, wait for the comets, then RIGHT again. But watch for the subtle gravitational gradient between Saturn and Uranus! It's often a speed-trap. Continue along the usual space-time curve toward Alpha Orionis, aka Betelgeuse.

Use Betelgeuse's gravity-well to change course toward Rigel, being careful to avoid the nasty belt of Dante's 8th Circle, which often drifts into this part of the Galaxy this time of year. Helpful Tip! The 8th Circle often involves Fraud and Treachery and thus is often the domain of religious fanatics. Skip over it by repeating the phrase "There's No Place Like Heaven" three times in rapid succession.

If you are successful, continue along your path. Heaven will be the 3rd stop on the right side, just after Betty's Pie Shop. Don't confuse it with Purgatory, which is the 3rd stop on the left! Remember this by referring to the helpful phrase "Right is Right and Left is Wrong." Besides, Purgatory only has camp sites and no permanent quarters (not to mention the pretty bad mosquitoes!).

Pulling into the driveway, you'll want to continue toward the Pearly Gates. (Note: Depending on the season, the Pearly Gates will sometimes be closed if St. Peter is on vacation. Please use the alternate entrance - usually marked "Ninth Sphere of Heaven" - for entry. However, you'll have to answer to a cavalcade of Angels for admittance. Simply give the password "Divine Comedy" for easy passage. Otherwise, well... I don't want to say.

Check in at the front desk. Make sure your eternal-time-share is completely paid for (bring receipt authorized by the Church if unclear). Rules of tithing are strictly enforced!

Seraphim, acting as the Porters, will show you to your eternal rest. Please don't tip! It is considered an insult to the Almighty.

Eternal worship begins promptly at 8 AM and continues forever, so get a good night's sleep!

Enjoy your stay!

'Cause you've got nowhere else to go!

Last edited by Astron1000; 02-06-2009 at 07:36 PM..

Old 02-06-2009, 10:36 PM

4,512 posts, read 6,592,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astron1000 View Post
How to get to Heaven when you die:

Go South. Take a LEFT at 13th Street. Accelerate to the speed of light. (Shouldn't be a problem now that you are dead and therefore massless.) Turn RIGHT at Jupiter, wait for the comets, then RIGHT again. But watch for the subtle gravitational gradient between Saturn and Uranus! It's often a speed-trap. Continue along the usual space-time curve toward Alpha Orionis, aka Betelgeuse.

Use Betelgeuse's gravity-well to change course toward Rigel, being careful to avoid the nasty belt of Dante's 8th Circle, which often drifts into this part of the Galaxy this time of year. Helpful Tip! The 8th Circle often involves Fraud and Treachery and thus is often the domain of religious fanatics. Skip over it by repeating the phrase "There's No Place Like Heaven" three times in rapid succession.

If you are successful, continue along your path. Heaven will be the 3rd stop on the right side, just after Betty's Pie Shop. Don't confuse it with Purgatory, which is the 3rd stop on the left! Remember this by referring to the helpful phrase "Right is Right and Left is Wrong." Besides, Purgatory only has camp sites and no permanent quarters (not to mention the pretty bad mosquitoes!).

Pulling into the driveway, you'll want to continue toward the Pearly Gates. (Note: Depending on the season, the Pearly Gates will sometimes be closed if St. Peter is on vacation. Please use the alternate entrance - usually marked "Ninth Sphere of Heaven" - for entry. However, you'll have to answer to a cavalcade of Angels for admittance. Simply give the password "Divine Comedy" for easy passage. Otherwise, well... I don't want to say.

Check in at the front desk. Make sure your eternal-time-share is completely paid for (bring receipt authorized by the Church if unclear). Rules of tithing are strictly enforced!

Seraphim, acting as the Porters, will show you to your eternal rest. Please don't tip! It is considered an insult to the Almighty.

Eternal worship begins promptly at 8 AM and continues forever, so get a good night's sleep!

Enjoy your stay!

'Cause you've got nowhere else to go!

sounds like you know something

will there be music? can i make a wish?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality