U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-26-2009, 10:56 AM
 
Location: Montrose, CA
3,031 posts, read 7,877,412 times
Reputation: 1925

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I don't have to quit my job, I got laid off in 2004 and God has provided for me just as He said He would, he has provided ALL of my needs (not wants), just as He said He would. I trust Him.
So your bills just magically get paid and food magically appears on your shelves? Or are you drawing government assistance of some sort? You'd think god would have been able to provide you with some sort of employment by now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-26-2009, 11:18 AM
 
Location: God's Country
21,429 posts, read 29,583,218 times
Reputation: 29947
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
So your bills just magically get paid and food magically appears on your shelves? Or are you drawing government assistance of some sort? You'd think god would have been able to provide you with some sort of employment by now.
No I just blink my eyes like Jeannie did and food appears Fortunately my husband has a good job, we have had rough times, but the Lord has provided for us. I have had a two part times jobs in the last six months, both have fissile out, but that's ok, I believe Jeremiah 29:11, God has a plan for my life, for good to give me a hope and future, I have never stopped trusting Him or believing Him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2009, 11:25 AM
 
124 posts, read 289,268 times
Reputation: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
No I just blink my eyes like Jeannie did and food appears Fortunately my husband has a good job, we have had rough times, but the Lord has provided for us. I have had a two part times jobs in the last six months, both have fissile out, but that's ok, I believe Jeremiah 29:11, God has a plan for my life, for good to give me a hope and future, I have never stopped trusting Him or believing Him.

So you weren't destitute, you still had money coming in from your husbands job.

Have him quit his job. Do not apply for the above mentioned govt. assistance, see how long it is before you starve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2009, 11:26 AM
 
4,047 posts, read 4,380,319 times
Reputation: 1321
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I know this story is hard for a nonbeliever to understand, but God tested Abraham not to trip him, and watch him fall, but to deepen his capacity to obey God and develop his character. Just as fire refines ore to extract precious metals, God refines me through difficult circumstances. I love how Abraham said in Genesis 22:8 "God will provide......oh to take that much faith! And like I said earlier, Abraham knew his son would be ok, he said in verse 4 when they left, WE will be back.
What kind of character are you developing by practicing obedience in spite of morality?

Too bad he didn't stop the religious parents who have killed their kids in more recent years.

A relevant video:

YouTube - God's voice, Abraham, and child murder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2009, 11:27 AM
 
Location: God's Country
21,429 posts, read 29,583,218 times
Reputation: 29947
Quote:
Originally Posted by jroyals View Post
So you weren't destitute, you still had money coming in from your husbands job.

Have him quit his job. Do not apply for the above mentioned govt. assistance, see how long it is before you starve.
We're Christians, but we aren't stupid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2009, 11:31 AM
 
124 posts, read 289,268 times
Reputation: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
We're Christians, but we aren't stupid
Exactly, god is not providing these things, your husbands income is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2009, 11:35 AM
 
Location: God's Country
21,429 posts, read 29,583,218 times
Reputation: 29947
Quote:
Originally Posted by jroyals View Post
Exactly, god is not providing these things, your husbands income is.
But God has provided my husband with the income. I'm done with this, I trust God, I know that He is in control and I rest in His love and His promises. You don't understand this because you don't know Him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2009, 11:48 AM
 
Location: PA
2,616 posts, read 3,926,037 times
Reputation: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by jroyals View Post
If you were Abraham, and God asked you to murder your beloved son, what would you have told him?

Just curious.
I don't have to worry that God will test me it this way. God tested Abraham once forever, since he is the father of faith. That is why God blessed him.

Abraham offered up his "Only begotten Son" to be sacrificed, just like God offered his "Only begotten Son", Jesus Christ.

Abraham knew if God wanted him to kill his son Issac, he would also raise him up from the dead. Remember, that when they asked where he was going Abraham said the lad and I go to worship. Abraham saw this as an act of worship to God. Issac also carried the wood for the fire and allowed his father to lay him on the altar to be sacrificed. This was not only Abraham's test, but also Issac's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2009, 11:59 AM
 
Location: Montrose, CA
3,031 posts, read 7,877,412 times
Reputation: 1925
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
No I just blink my eyes like Jeannie did and food appears Fortunately my husband has a good job, we have had rough times, but the Lord has provided for us. I have had a two part times jobs in the last six months, both have fissile out, but that's ok, I believe Jeremiah 29:11, God has a plan for my life, for good to give me a hope and future, I have never stopped trusting Him or believing Him.
Then your husband is providing for you, not god. Unless of course your husband's paychecks are signed "God".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2009, 02:41 PM
 
124 posts, read 289,268 times
Reputation: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
But God has provided my husband with the income. I'm done with this, I trust God, I know that He is in control and I rest in His love and His promises. You don't understand this because you don't know Him.
No his employer did. You are the one who dosen't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top