Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 12:09 AM

259 posts, read 939,131 times

Advertisements

Political Liberalism comes from Black Pentacostal-Baptist-Born again style churches. Black Baptist-Pentacostal churches are very politically active. Black activists like the Rev. Jesse Jackson and the Rev. Al Sharpton to name the most well known have a habit of putting Gods name in front of their Left-Wing political extremist and anti-White agendas. Roman Catholic-Eastern Orthodox churches are not permitted by the Pope or the Patriarch
to take any sort of a political stance from race and ethnicity and economics down to elections.

Religious Liberalism for the last forty years has had a Unitarian bend to it. All Christian denonminations from organized Roman Catholic-Eastern Orthodox down to the Pentacostal type churches have changed their perpective about the existence of Christ.

Preachers used to say that Christ is a Devine being. The Trinity Undivided. Another words Jesus Christs existence was a combination of the Father and the Son one and one together. Jesus was also the sole creator of the world and Universe. Today most Christian Preachers due to political correctness refer to Jesus Christ simply the Son of God. Which is totally incorrect. Jesus is not the Son of god. Men and Women are the Son of God. We were created in God our Fathers image. Jesus Christ is the Lord our Father.

Last edited by Dee62; 03-17-2007 at 12:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2007, 07:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,590 times
Liberal Christianity is an oxymoron in that it rejects the fundamental doctrines of Christianity, yet refuses to give up the term Christian.
"It has no real message for people who don't already have some form of existing Christian faith. For example to tell someone with a straightforward view of the Bible that miracles don't happen and that Jesus' resurrection could have not have been a bodily resurrection is a radical challenge. But it is hardly even interesting to someone with a secular view of the world.

Liberal Christianity thinks it is the key to Christianity being relevant to the post modern world, yet churches that have embraced liberalism shrink and die.

Old 04-27-2007, 08:05 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,468,820 times
I didn't read through the whole thread but was not aware there was a push for racial diversity in the churches. I always assumed people gravitated to certain churches because of doctrine, location or the oratory skills of the minister and his ability to convey God’s message.

Every few of months I would go the rather large church that was all black except for a couple of people. I loved the exuberance, the music and the minister’s style and you always left there feeling uplifted. Having been raised Catholic, I was used to a very quite atmosphere.

Old 04-28-2007, 12:11 AM

606 posts, read 699,073 times
Some churches,at least,historically,had discriminated racial minority.

if you are interested,you can read this
http://www.religioustolerance.org/lds_race.htm

for example,mormon churches
in the book of mormon
2 Nephi 5:21-23:

"And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them."

"And thus saith the Lord God: I will cause that they shall be loathsome unto thy people, save they shall repent of their iniquities."

"And cursed shall be the seed of him that mixeth with their seed; for they shall be cursed even with the same cursing. And the Lord spake it, and it was done."

"And because of their cursing which was upon them they did become an idle people, full of mischief and subtlety, and did seek in the wilderness for beasts of prey."

In 2 Nephi 30:6, the the Book of Mormon as originally translated (or written; opinions differ) by Joseph Smith said that if Lamanites accepted the true gospel,

"...their scales of darkness shall begin to fall from their eyes; and many generations shall not pass away among them, save they shall be a white and a delightsome people."

After 1981, the term "white and delightsome" was changed to read "pure" -- an unusual action for a book considered to be inspired by God in its original version. 5

3 Nephi 2:15 reads:

"And their curse was taken from them, and their skin became white like unto the Nephites." 5

Old 04-28-2007, 10:45 AM

1,233 posts, read 3,434,534 times
Back in my church going days, there was a woman, who called me alot cause she felt I needed to be saved and preached too, even pulled my skirt down cause she felt it would offend the preacher, it wasn't even all that hight! Anyhow, she told me that the blacks down here, meaning southwest GA, went to their little churches and the whites went to theirs, meaning large expensive ones...she didn't even think when she said it, it was so normal for to say that! And she was always there in the front of the church every sunday with the ministers, helping to save the lost to get saved and ready for baptism, good christian huhn?

Old 04-29-2007, 01:11 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
I recently quit going to a church that I was a member for many years. An elderly black lady had been attending for a couple of weeks. She was the only other race I had ever seen in the church so I was friendly to her, as were a FEW others. She didn't come for a couple weeks so I asked the preacher if she was ill. He said she was not ill, but wanted to be baptized and the elders refused. They said she wasn't ready..I can't express my anger that day. Who are we to judge if one is ready or not. I told the preacher that she very well could have been an "angel unaware'.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:47 PM

212 posts, read 858,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I recently quit going to a church that I was a member for many years. An elderly black lady had been attending for a couple of weeks. She was the only other race I had ever seen in the church so I was friendly to her, as were a FEW others. She didn't come for a couple weeks so I asked the preacher if she was ill. He said she was not ill, but wanted to be baptized and the elders refused. They said she wasn't ready..I can't express my anger that day. Who are we to judge if one is ready or not. I told the preacher that she very well could have been an "angel unaware'.
too bad this type of stuff happens in churches of all places

Old 04-29-2007, 02:21 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,326,850 times
God is all inclusive as far as nations kindreds and tongues go. He created all people just the way He wanted. Why shouldn't churches today reach across all barriers such as race, culture, ethnicity, political affiliation and even denomination to touch all God's people? Church attendence exempts no one from sin or prejudice. It is nice for all people to know a church is culturally diverse because it means everyone is welcome. Sadly this is not the case in all churches. A multicultural/ethnicity/intergrated church designation communicates to all... welcome. This designation has little to do with stlye and form of a worship service. If the Word of God goes forth from a church service it will benefit all who have ears to hear.

Old 04-30-2007, 06:32 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
I keep reading in various threads about racially integrated churches. It seems that it's very important for many people to either be a part of one, or make sure others know they are in a church that is racially integrated.

Worship styles can be vastly different between cultures. How people hear and receive information (the Word) is also different even within the same race. So why are churches today pushing so hard to show they are integrating and it's importance?
Maybe they are finally gettin' it that God didn't tell us what color he was, he told us to LOVE. In my OPINION (according to blue), There are different races and color to adapt to the many different climates and environments that God saw fit to put us.

Old 04-30-2007, 11:33 PM

259 posts, read 939,131 times
All of this nonsense about church diversity is foolish and ridiculous. FYI religion has established and mantained our national Boarders, language and Culture since the Tower of Babel! Our church or Parishes Baptismal/Birth certicate posts a record of our identity.

Poles are Poles because of the Roman Catholic Church!
Russians are Russians because of the Eastern Orthodox Church!
German-Scandinavians are Germans-Scandinavians because of the Lutheran Church!
German-Austrians are German-Austrians because of the Roman Catholic Church!
Irish are Irish because of the Roman Catholic Church!
Scotish are Scotish because of the Presbyterian Church!
English are English because of the Anglican Episcopal Church!
Arabs are Arabs because of Islam.
Chinese are Chinese because of Buddhism.
India is India because of Hinduism!

To all Those morons who think God considers membership in a racially diverse church as the mandatory prerequisite to be accepted into heaven then I would strongly suggest those donkeys go and join that sort of a church. But I strongly suggest diversity sisters do not go around spreading satans rathe on the rest of us God fearing folk who do not consider race diversity as a criteria to enter the brite pearly gates of heaven!! If diversity is a crucial determining factor whether you will or will not pray in a particular church Then my advise to you is Get real get a life and go to the Wiccans. To All you twisted sisters out there always Remember Diversity is Perversity!!

Last edited by Dee62; 05-01-2007 at 12:42 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality