U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 08:27 PM

3,412 posts, read 9,026,162 times

Advertisements

I still don't understand why god wouldn't let A&E eat from the Tree of Knowledge.... Why? What knowledge he didn't want them to have?

What if he forbidden them to eat from Tree of Life, instead?

Let's see, if I forbid something that can be useful, it wouldn't be as much fun, as i forbid something that can destroy YOU.

Tricky, isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 08:34 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,178 posts, read 6,150,856 times
If A&E gained knowledge, then they would not be God's puppets and playthings any more. Then they might ask questions and wonder why they were there to serve and glorify this fellow. God could not have that...he wanted his little creations to be perfectly obediant and not question His authority. And what does "Glorify" mean anyway? I mean really?

Old 01-26-2009, 08:38 PM

21,416 posts, read 29,533,607 times
To give them a choice. Without choice, they would have been robots and their obedience to God would have meant nothing. Adam and Eve made a wrong choice, and wrong choices always consequences.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
To give them a choice. Without choice, they would have been robots and their obedience to God would have meant nothing. Adam and Eve made a wrong choice, and wrong choices always consequences.
Did they truly have a choice? Don't Eat THAT!, But eat THIS, is not a choice.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:41 PM

21,416 posts, read 29,533,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
Did they truly have a choice? Don't Eat THAT!, But eat THIS, is not a choice.
Of course they had a choice, and they made the choice not to listen to God, kind like the choice you made

Old 01-26-2009, 08:43 PM

LOL, you're funny, but you are also stubborn! And i disagree, they didn't not have a choice.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:05 PM

4,669 posts, read 3,900,862 times
Quote:
I still don't understand why god wouldn't let A&E eat from the Tree of Knowledge.... Why? What knowledge he didn't want them to have?

Let's see, if I forbid something that can be useful, it wouldn't be as much fun, as i forbid something that can destroy YOU.

Tricky, isn't it?

I've always understood it to be a test of obedience more than anything else. By failing it, they rebelled, thus sin entered the world.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:55 PM

3,162 posts, read 10,295,946 times
Quote:

Tricky, isn't it?
The problem with the bible or other sacred scriptures is that they are often written using allegories and metaphors.

The forbidden fruit that we weren't supposed to eat, was the sexual energy, before that we were light beings without the limitations that come with a mortal body, made in the image of our creator with the same abilities of creation, but we decided to misuse them to create a body of flesh so we could unite together in intercourse, it wasn't God who punished us, it was themselves who encased our souls in limited and mortal bodies that grow old, get sick and eventually wither and die.

Regards!

Old 01-27-2009, 04:15 AM

4,512 posts, read 6,579,874 times
Genesis 2:15 speaks about the tree of "knowledge of good and evil" - that to me means judgement ...

i disagree with the aforementioned interpretation.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:04 AM

4,047 posts, read 4,374,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
I've always understood it to be a test of obedience more than anything else. By failing it, they rebelled, thus sin entered the world.
How could they be tested when they were supposedly made perfect but didn't know right from wrong? How could they be rebellious if God didn't purposefully give them a rebellious side?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality