U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-07-2011, 11:10 PM
 
16,301 posts, read 24,296,043 times
Reputation: 8265

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
so.. humans are going AGAINST God's plan?? They told me EVERYTHING was part of God's plan...
When things go well, it's the work of god, when thing go bad, it's the work of man. How convenient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-08-2011, 12:13 AM
 
Location: NC, USA
7,088 posts, read 12,729,185 times
Reputation: 3975
Explain How Your God Allows This

I have neither a belief nor a need for any of the gods. So....why would I blame a non-existent god for the actions of human beings? UH, read that as "homo sapiens".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2011, 01:24 AM
 
Location: Northern CA
12,775 posts, read 9,475,798 times
Reputation: 4238
If this was the Garden of Eden, there would be no suffering, and no opportunity for us to intervene. As it is, we have choices. In Somalia, there is help available, but the militants stand in the way. This cannot be blamed on God. However, the many charities that are providing food, medical care, and assistance to refugees are doing God's work.

Quote:
Out of a population of about 7.5 million, the United Nations says 3.2 million Somalis are in need of immediate lifesaving assistance.
Himmelgreen says, back in March, the U.S., scientists, and others knew the situation in Somalia was getting worse. He says, "They have these early warning famine systems in place. The U.S. government has one so there are a set of indicators that they look at and they can tell months in advance if there's an impending famine. But because of all the politics there was relative inaction."
Getting aid to the region isn't easy due to militants. This week, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton called on the militant organization Al-Shabaab, which controls much of the southern section of Somalia, to offer Western aid workers access to famine victims.
When a United Nations food shipment arrived on Friday in Mogadishu, a gunfight broke out and seven people were killed. Himmelgreen says, "I think it will get better, but it won't be before a lot more children die or get very sick."
Meanwhile, refugees are pouring out of Somalia to get at refugee camps just over the border in Kenya. It's a dangerous trip because they face bandits and militiamen along the way.
At a refugee camp in Dadaab, there are already about 450,000 people packed into the camp, which was designed for only 90,000.
29,000 children dead from famine in Somalia | wtsp.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2011, 01:38 AM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,043 posts, read 30,755,704 times
Reputation: 12223
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
If this was the Garden of Eden, there would be no suffering, and no opportunity for us to intervene. As it is, we have choices. In Somalia, there is help available, but the militants stand in the way. This cannot be blamed on God. However, the many charities that are providing food, medical care, and assistance to refugees are doing God's work.


29,000 children dead from famine in Somalia | wtsp.com
I call it humanitarian work, and blame nothing on god nor give him credit for anything...But whatever it's called it helps, at least in the short term..I'm afraid the problems are much more complex than a famine, and the solution will be equally complex and very difficult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2011, 09:18 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas
5,877 posts, read 4,036,414 times
Reputation: 4130
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
If this was the Garden of Eden, there would be no suffering, and no opportunity for us to intervene. As it is, we have choices. In Somalia, there is help available, but the militants stand in the way. This cannot be blamed on God. However, the many charities that are providing food, medical care, and assistance to refugees are doing God's work.


29,000 children dead from famine in Somalia | wtsp.com
Yes, yes it can. God created the militants and allows them to live to block aid from coming. When things are peachy, god did it! Hallelujah! When things go bad, it's man's fault or god working in mysterious ways. Too me it's god pissing on your head and telling you it's raining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2011, 09:24 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas
5,877 posts, read 4,036,414 times
Reputation: 4130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
God doesn't make the suffering, God does not make the pain, nor the sickness, nor the death....Humans do that by being disobediant to God and not doing as they should do...which God pointed out many many moons ago.....and because we are still off track with those ideals and instructions over such a long period of time moving through space in circles or spiraling toward something of an end point.......it is us who is far off base with God...and because of that the suffering comes to us.

It is because of sin..and evil..and denial of the truth of God, and in doing the right things for the right reasons...making amends...restoring..making Edens...sharing and caring...helping all living things...be one with God.

Now the selfishness that is the human condition seems to be in the majority right now....pollution, defiling, and making unholy and unclean the things we need to be healthy with.....and so...a detramental by our own hand is being employed into the enviroments to make people sick and die...so a false profit can be made...and the world humans have made , which is based on this false Profit..full of lies..and corruption..and chaos..and liars...is now falling apart, and asking for human sacrifices into wars with no real reason for being...and yet there it is...slaughtering eachother..instead of helping eachother...and it is over control of certain plants God gave us to use.

So the error has come ful circle....the western world is now fighting a religious war on some very religious people...and something God gave us to use for Life....and they want to take that away...so death is a constant for $$$,,,....

And You say where is God on this picture of the oppressed, the destitute, the robbed, the defiled, the poor...the suffering..the madness..the chaos..the corruption..the bloodshed..the tirany....how blind...how deaf...and dumb some people are....to the real cause and effect of all this....it has nothing to do with God...God made a Garden..and put us into it..and because we chose to disobay God he moved us out of it...into this...and here we are proving to God, God made the right choices after all...as we now move to destroying this world for bent Profits and Gains in nothing important....God is proving something...and that picture speaks volumes about human stupidity...and selfishness..and greed...they are not asking anyone to send them animals, seeds, nor water....they are asking people to send MONEY....why?...because then they can sell them stuff they do not need....and this fuels their bent economies....so more wars and human sacrifices can continue...so more sickness and suffering can arise on the human condition......all while God proves how ugly we are to eachother...and how we denie the truth of God...killing people and plants for no good reason...Poisoning everything along the way...Yah bloodsuckers they are!...fossil fuels in use?...Yep!...then the whorrrre sitting on the beast sipping the dead blood of the saints..is now a reality!

Read it a weep....cause that is what is written...way before it was ever conceived....now as it says God speaks before hand of any thing coming....and that is part of God speaking it to those who could not imagine it...and should not of..for it leads to destruction...as it is written...

So to be fortold of what will come..is a warning not to do what is told not to.

Punishment is the rewards for doing that which God expressly said not to do....and so..there it is..

Are you gonna blame God...I don't....I blame stupid humans...as they are at the root with that IDOL doing nothing important for the whole Earth...except sucking it dry as a bone...not doing what needs to be done sinlessly...and doing what should not be done at all Idolatry.

Can't serve both...as it says...so they choose for you..when you pick up that Idol...and start playing their bent Game of death....How we die, is up to how we live.

If we do nothing for the construct program according to God's will and word...then we have nothing in the end.....Africa being the first, will be last...and the last will be first....to receive word from God about his plant being put back sinlessly....so it can rain..and life can be serviced properly by the whole truth....not just part of it.......with out God there is no life...and as Jesus said and showed us Death is only sleep...when God calls out a name...if they be alive or dead...they will appear before him.

So no worries on that ....Jesus was raised from the dead...so to will all those who died sinlessly.

The horrific part is to spur us into action...to do the right things for the right reasons....the world order chose to Go to war and make human sacrifices costing trillions of dollars...and more...because of the lies and liars and spies and underhandedness of them who run things...supposedly...asking for humansacrifices to the IDOLs defence and vengence for........the world signed in on something EVIL....And so pictures of this kind...surely come about for a reason...amen?
So when a school bus full of children crashes because their tire blows out and all the kids die, are you going to tell the parents that they died because of their own wickedness? In their disobedience to god they brought wrath upon themselves?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2011, 09:31 AM
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
2,705 posts, read 2,512,709 times
Reputation: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Yes, yes it can. God created the militants and allows them to live to block aid from coming. When things are peachy, god did it! Hallelujah! When things go bad, it's man's fault or god working in mysterious ways. Too me it's god pissing on your head and telling you it's raining.
How convenient that you never have to praise God for anything!

Btw, God created the militants but not their cause, nor their politics. You fail to conceal your anti-theism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2011, 09:33 AM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,127,730 times
Reputation: 807
Since we are supposed to be the intelligence and consciousness of God on this earth...manifestations of the God energy/the Source of all there is in human form...it would stand to reason that it is OUR fault that there are children starving and is it ALL OF US who allow this kind of thing to continue when we ALL could surely stop it. Just saying...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2011, 09:38 AM
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
2,705 posts, read 2,512,709 times
Reputation: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
So when a school bus full of children crashes because their tire blows out and all the kids die, are you going to tell the parents that they died because of their own wickedness? In their disobedience to god they brought wrath upon themselves?
Sometimes bad things happen to good people. That's the (fallen) world in which we live. Life is not fair. The sweet is never as sweet without the sour, no light without darkness, balance of nature, etc. Which one have you not heard?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2011, 09:44 AM
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
2,705 posts, read 2,512,709 times
Reputation: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Since we are supposed to be the intelligence and consciousness of God on this earth...manifestations of the God energy/the Source of all there is in human form...it would stand to reason that it is OUR fault that there are children starving and is it ALL OF US who allow this kind of thing to continue when we ALL could surely stop it. Just saying...
You are right on the nose, I think. Easy to blame God for everything and shirk responsibility for our own collective actions. Atheists love to do this but it is extremely disingenuous. It's always easier to blame someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top