U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 10:37 PM

7,288 posts, read 10,412,552 times

Advertisements

Studying Buddhism at the moment. Buddhists don't believe in God, but do believe in Karma . . .so I am assuming it would have been this child's Karma (using that system) that brought this circumstance . . .or maybe bad luck (which is also considered a legitimate phenomenon, from what I understand).

Another viewpoint from a different perspective might be that the person chose to live a very difficult life for some reason . . .

I don't think that, in any case, this could be blamed on God, because in the theist religions I am aware of, even though there is a central deity, there is also free will and as long as you have free will you are going to have these kinds of problems.

I hope the child did not suffer. It is very sad to see this kind of thing.

If we could all just do one kindness per day and not be so hateful, maybe this kind of horrible world would fade into the background and a "New Earth" (Eckhart Tolle) might become a possibility . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 12:31 AM

12,775 posts, read 9,482,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Yes, yes it can. God created the militants and allows them to live to block aid from coming. When things are peachy, god did it! Hallelujah! When things go bad, it's man's fault or god working in mysterious ways. Too me it's god pissing on your head and telling you it's raining.
Maybe, but those that believe in God do a lot of humanitarian work. Keep that in mind as you try to destroy their faith.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:18 AM

5,187 posts, read 5,441,972 times
The good thing about this child's death is that she went home to be with the Lord, no longer having to live in poverty.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:45 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,046,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
So when a school bus full of children crashes because their tire blows out and all the kids die, are you going to tell the parents that they died because of their own wickedness? In their disobedience to god they brought wrath upon themselves?

I will say...this is redundant arguemental Jibberish...Putting children in pollution devices that move fast amungst other fast moving objects...is putting them at risk in any sound thinking mind....if the tire blew out...it was because the tire blew out, and the parents fault for putting the children on such a thing in the first place.

As we all know...Because of Christ Jesus...sinless souls do not die...so as children...they should be sinless enough to pass on to the other dimensional plane....no worries!

Giving Birth in a land where there is no food or water...and much sin and evil on the lands...is bringing children into suffering....who's fault?...I know I didn't do that.....But because I am in part religiously motivated in my heart of hearts...to help, to give what is necessary.....Giving them money, or those in power does not solve the problem....seeds, water, food, clothing..and shelter with some security from the maraders who rape, and murder their own kind...for that Money....so they can buy more weapons, to kill more people....

How ugly that side of Humankind is....but there they are...What do you think God should do to them?....forgive them?....I think they know what they are doing today....and the world stands and watches, and takes photos to raise money in charity, so they can Give it in one hand, and take it from the other hand selling them things they don't need, and pollution devices , and weapons of mass destruction, which will destroy what little they have left....after the robbers came and left..etc

So what Should we do?...for they are our own kind...let em die...or interveen?...

Funny this was Going on before the wars started with Mr Bush...But the wars were more important to pay for....and so the Killing of innocence in wars with no merits came before helping the poor suffering people...and those wars cost trillions of tax payers dollars..which really was given to help people in need...not go headhunting for their bent agenda to murder sheep herders and Pot and poppie growers living for free in Afghanistan...

So in that light of enlightenment ....to end this redundant arguement..I'd say what ever you believe is...is not...and what you believe is not.. is....Just for the arguement sake...

Blessing!

Last edited by Sir Les; 08-09-2011 at 05:53 AM..

Old 08-09-2011, 06:29 AM

2,705 posts, read 2,513,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
That is a sad, sad cynical view you have of the human race which I'm glad that I don't share...I feel sorry for you.
It would be a very cynical view indeed without the Gospel.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:52 AM

30,043 posts, read 30,764,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
It would be a very cynical view indeed without the Gospel.
I don't think so, because most of us that do not believe your gospel do not share your views on the character of people. I do understand though that Christians are indoctrinated to think of themselves as "filthy rags", so I guess your cynical view that all people are depraved is not entirely your fault.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:59 AM

16,301 posts, read 24,299,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
The good thing about this child's death is that she went home to be with the Lord, no longer having to live in poverty.
That is sick, your are sick, another religious wacko with your bull excrement about how wonderful death is based on your ancient and absurd superstitions.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:58 AM

5,187 posts, read 5,441,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
That is sick, your are sick, another religious wacko with your bull excrement about how wonderful death is based on your ancient and absurd superstitions.
So you love to see little children suffer in poverty, talk about a whacko.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I don't think so, because most of us that do not believe your gospel do not share your views on the character of people. I do understand though that Christians are indoctrinated to think of themselves as "filthy rags", so I guess your cynical view that all people are depraved is not entirely your fault.
Human depravity is not my fault. But I do not insist that depravity is the full extent of our nature. The Seven Heavenly Virtues are love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and temperance. Humanity survives because of these spiritual traits. As you might guess, these virtues are counterbalanced by the seven deadly sins of lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy, pride.

I would be cynical if I denied that such virtues exist.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
So you love to see little children suffer in poverty, talk about a whacko.
Grumpy Old Man Syndrome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality