Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 12:08 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,607,326 times

Advertisements

Please, you're far from interested. You're looking for where is ground zero for life as we know it and all of the theories we have can't be proven or disproven yet, including those theories of the religious. However there is more evidence that it's far from a divine origin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 12:16 PM

81 posts, read 152,306 times
From a view extraneous to the psyche of a fundamental theist, scientific postulation [and eventually established theory] may seem like unqualified or otherwise invalid guesswork. In reality, the guesswork is rationally validated, peer-reviewed, and wrought through a rigorous, intellectually honest process, unfettered by unnecessary thought of an ur-Creator.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:17 PM

1,088 posts, read 2,191,241 times
Goddidit.

Okay, no he didn't. I thought I'd give it a try and see it kd's way, but its still hogwash. And since I care about as much about physics as I do mold on a slice of bread, I'll have to exit from this thread because I don't have all the answers and I don't care to have all the answers. I like to consider myself an intelligent woman, but apparently you need a physics degree for that label now. lol

Old 01-28-2009, 12:28 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,046,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotted1 View Post
Goddidit.

Okay, no he didn't. I thought I'd give it a try and see it kd's way, but its still hogwash. And since I care about as much about physics as I do mold on a slice of bread, I'll have to exit from this thread because I don't have all the answers and I don't care to have all the answers. I like to consider myself an intelligent woman, but apparently you need a physics degree for that label now. lol
Dictionary.com defines fairy tale as:
  1. A fictitious, highly fanciful story or explanation.
Clinging to the idea that "we don't know what it is, but it can't be God--despite all the evidence" is a fairy tale.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:29 PM

1,088 posts, read 2,191,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Dictionary.com defines fairy tale as:
  1. A fictitious, highly fanciful story or explanation.
Clinging to the idea that "we don't know what it is, but it can't be God--despite all the evidence" is a fairy tale.
Ah hey, it's a slow day. What's your evidence that God did it?

Old 01-28-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
There is no evidence to a God created universe. Intelligent Design is dissected and debunked in clear, understandable detail to those willing to set aside the adamant religious teachings of their well-meaning parents and/or acquaintances. and thoroughly peruse and consider the alternative...

Old 01-28-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Still waiting for even one iota of evidence. *taps foot*

*pointing to the world around me*

Just a little thing called cause and effect.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:10 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,018,961 times
If you think you have all the answers to the beginnings of the universe, then you must be smarter and more diligent than Stephen Hawking, Albert Einstein, and the many physicists today working on questions like yours.

Otherwise, you're just regurgitating what others have told you about what goat herders thousands of years ago came up with, without science to back it up.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
If you think you have all the answers to the beginnings of the universe, then you must be smarter and more diligent than Stephen Hawking, Albert Einstein, and the many physicists today working on questions like yours.

Otherwise, you're just regurgitating what others have told you about what goat herders thousands of years ago came up with, without science to back it up.
It wasn't goat herders that told me that evidence points to a creator. Not sure why you'd suggest that.

Use logic. that's all I ask.

What started it all? Maybe the answer isn't in physics. Or maybe physicists will one day confirm what the evidence points to.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
It wasn't goat herders that told me that evidence points to a creator. Not sure why you'd suggest that.

Use logic. that's all I ask.

What started it all? Maybe the answer isn't in physics. Or maybe physicists will one day confirm what the evidence points to.
Or maybe they won't back themselves into a corner of irrefutable, delusional personal experience in the face of honest inquiry.

That was a biased statement!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality