U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 10:10 AM

810 posts, read 1,259,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetruth View Post
Offhand I don't know, but either way I still believe in the Trinity.
Ok, thank you for your honesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 10:17 AM

706 posts, read 1,086,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeveenh View Post
Ok, thank you for your honesty.

You're welcome.

There are some things that can't be explained fully. I just consider it a mystery that will be revealed to us later.

What about the eternalness of God? Can you explain how he has always existed and never had a beginning? I know I can't, no matter how hard I try, I can't grasp the concept of no beginning. It is kind of similar with the Trinity for some people. They cant see how the Trinity is possible, some can't even explain it, but they still believe it.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
You're welcome.

There are some things that can't be explained fully. I just consider it a mystery that will be revealed to us later.

What about the eternalness of God? Can you explain how he has always existed and never had a beginning? I know I can't, no matter how hard I try, I can't grasp the concept of no beginning. It is kind of similar with the Trinity for some people. They cant see how the Trinity is possible, some can't even explain it, but they still believe it.
In the bible it does tell us directly that God is eternal. You're right, our human brains can't grasp that. However, the trinity is not in the bible...and there is plenty of evidence in the scriptures to oppose the trinity.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:33 AM

897 posts, read 2,212,238 times
Quote:
At least once, but maybe more.
I am going to the store. .....Now that I said I am I qualify to be GOD

Old 01-29-2009, 11:37 AM

897 posts, read 2,212,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
If that was a mistranslation, why did the Jews then seek to kill Jesus as soon as he made that statement?
The Jews want to kill Jesus because he was claiming to be God, which is abomination in Judaism. A man that turn people away from god to follow another God shall be put to death. Read DEUT.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:41 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,454,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibainu View Post
That is a mistranslation. The Torah states I Be not I am.
Did the Jews miss translate Him as well because they picked up stones to kill Him? why would they do this unless He committed blasphemy in their eyes.

The bible is clear that we are only to worship God yet Jesus allowed many to worship him

Old 01-29-2009, 11:42 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,454,210 times
Quote:
The Jews want to kill Jesus because he was claiming to be God, which is abomination in Judaism. A man that turn people away from god to follow another God shall be put to death. Read DEUT.
Dude you just answered your own thread.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
He was claiming to be God? Which particular scripture?
In Mark 10:18 didn't Jesus say:
18"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—except God alone.
If he was claiming to be God shouldn't he have just said, "thank you!"?

Old 01-29-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Did the Jews miss translate Him as well because they picked up stones to kill Him? why would they do this unless He committed blasphemy in their eyes.

The bible is clear that we are only to worship God yet Jesus allowed many to worship him
I'm not so sure Jesus allowed people to "worship" him in the same sense that Jesus said we should "worship" God.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:52 AM

4,669 posts, read 3,904,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeveenh View Post
I'm not so sure Jesus allowed people to "worship" him in the same sense that Jesus said we should "worship" God.

Actually yes. He did.

Read the first 5 chapters of Revelation. You'll see him saying that He's the Alpha and Omega. You'll also see God being worshiped in Heaven in chapter four, and then Christ being worshiped by the same people in chapter 5.

Nevermind the scenes of worship of him we see while he was on earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or