U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-31-2009, 12:36 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
3,586 posts, read 5,344,680 times
Reputation: 576

Advertisements

Yea, but yall can't prove that Jesus is not God, because in my thread their is the evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-01-2009, 01:48 AM
 
Location: Not where I want to be
1,113 posts, read 2,211,197 times
Reputation: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeveenh View Post
If they are all God and all equal, why would the father have control, knowledge, and authority over the Son?
I know you know this but for the sake of others reading.

Because he left his divinity and was made a little lower then the angels but only until he was resurrected and now sits as the right hand of God, being his equal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2009, 06:50 AM
 
Location: Baltimore, MD
897 posts, read 2,211,874 times
Reputation: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMtnsOnTheMind View Post
I know you know this but for the sake of others reading.

Because he left his divinity and was made a little lower then the angels but only until he was resurrected and now sits as the right hand of God, being his equal.
Oh, So it is like when Superman has Kryptonite around his neck and he loses his powers.Or even better it is when Superman becomes mortal because he wants to be with Lois Lane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2009, 12:47 PM
 
Location: Not where I want to be
1,113 posts, read 2,211,197 times
Reputation: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibainu View Post
Oh, So it is like when Superman has Kryptonite around his neck and he loses his powers.Or even better it is when Superman becomes mortal because he wants to be with Lois Lane.
I wasn't talking to you and do not intend to answer your questions because you don't take them seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2009, 02:13 PM
 
Location: Baltimore, MD
897 posts, read 2,211,874 times
Reputation: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMtnsOnTheMind View Post
I wasn't talking to you and do not intend to answer your questions because you don't take them seriously.
Unfortunately, you did not understand my post. As ridiculous as superman situation sound, so is Jesus story. But you and many other people in this world look up to a hero to save you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2009, 02:28 PM
 
Location: Not where I want to be
1,113 posts, read 2,211,197 times
Reputation: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibainu View Post
Unfortunately, you did not understand my post. As ridiculous as superman situation sound, so is Jesus story. But you and many other people in this world look up to a hero to save you.
Yes we do and that's our prerogative to do so.

1Cor 2:14 But a soulish man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness to him, and he does not have the power to understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2009, 05:25 PM
 
Location: Baltimore, MD
897 posts, read 2,211,874 times
Reputation: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMtnsOnTheMind View Post
Yes we do and that's our prerogative to do so.

1Cor 2:14 But a soulish man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness to him, and he does not have the power to understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Good job quoting scripture from a man that thought he saw jesus after a seizure. He called himself an apostle but no one, Not even jesus told him he was an apostle.
Hey why dont you quote paul when he says that it is good to decieve people so long as Jesus message is told.
Hey how many spirits do you have? 1 or 7.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2009, 09:14 PM
 
37,508 posts, read 25,243,901 times
Reputation: 5857
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibainu View Post
Hey why dont you quote paul when he says that it is good to decieve people so long as Jesus message is told.
Hey how many spirits do you have? 1 or 7.
Put your money where your mouth is shibainu . . . quote where Paul says what you claim he said about deceiving people. Lies will not help the fanatic leaders of the Muslims or Allah avoid annihilation if they continue to pursue their ridiculous 14th century goal of total domination by Allah of the entire world. ONLY Islam requires deception to achieve Allah's will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2009, 05:39 AM
 
810 posts, read 1,259,429 times
Reputation: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMtnsOnTheMind View Post
I know you know this but for the sake of others reading.

Because he left his divinity and was made a little lower then the angels but only until he was resurrected and now sits as the right hand of God, being his equal.
I've heard this before...not specifically the kryptonite, and it really seems to contradict the whole argument that Jesus is God in the flesh. Many people claim that Jesus HAD to be God because no one else could have taken away the sins of all. But you and others say that he was lower than God while on earth. If "Immanuel" literally means "God with us" then the kryptonite explanation doesn't make sense.
Jesus was given, and has been given authority by his father/Yahweh/Jehovah...but that doesn't make them equal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2009, 07:20 PM
 
Location: Baltimore, MD
897 posts, read 2,211,874 times
Reputation: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Put your money where your mouth is shibainu . . . quote where Paul says what you claim he said about deceiving people. Lies will not help the fanatic leaders of the Muslims or Allah avoid annihilation if they continue to pursue their ridiculous 14th century goal of total domination by Allah of the entire world. ONLY Islam requires deception to achieve Allah's will.
romans 3
7Someone might argue, "If my falsehood enhances God's truthfulness and so increases his glory, why am I still condemned as a sinner?"

Galatians 1
8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! 9As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!
10Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.
11I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel I preached is not something that man made up. 12I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top