U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-31-2009, 01:33 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,043 posts, read 30,764,476 times
Reputation: 12223

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
You said they used volcanoes to toss people in for sacrifice. Do you have any evidence for this pratice during the time when the Bible was written? I don't recall anything like this in Middle East Studies.

There is a great deal of evidence for demons, there are programs on T.V. that speak of them, and many private people speak of them, including myself. Consider the link below.

Video
No, I did not say they used volcanoes for human sacrifice, but that it was a possible explanation of "the lake of fire". Judging how violent people were back then probably more than a few ended their lives that way.

Your link doesn't work, but many people also speak of sea monsters, bigfoot, alien abductions etc., and there are lots on youtube and tv about those, but that doesn't make it real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-31-2009, 02:25 PM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,690,305 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
No, I did not say they used volcanoes for human sacrifice, but that it was a possible explanation of "the lake of fire". Judging how violent people were back then probably more than a few ended their lives that way.

Your link doesn't work, but many people also speak of sea monsters, bigfoot, alien abductions etc., and there are lots on youtube and tv about those, but that doesn't make it real.
Well forgive me sanspeur, you did say you (really did think hell or the Lake of fire was a Volcanic caldera) which was probably used to throw (wrong doers into) when sacrifice was common. Post 55. So that was human sacrifice is it not?

Well when you see enought evidence either on youtube, or any number of places, you really have to start to question if everyone is just making false statements and false videos. I would find it hard to believe that everyone is lying. And if that is not the case, then there has to be something going on here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2009, 03:10 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,043 posts, read 30,764,476 times
Reputation: 12223
Human sacrifice was practiced in the mid east according to your favorite book, and animal sacrifice certainly was.

Judges 11:30/31

And Jephthah vowed a vow unto the LORD, and said, If thou shalt without fail deliver the children of Ammon into mine hands,

Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD's, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering.

Read on to 11:40 and you will see that Jephthah's daughter was sacrificed as a burnt offering....What better way than throw her into a volcano. Saves all that messy gathering of wood, plus they had no matches or Bic lighters back then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2009, 03:30 PM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,690,305 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Human sacrifice was practiced in the mid east according to your favorite book, and animal sacrifice certainly was.

Judges 11:30/31

And Jephthah vowed a vow unto the LORD, and said, If thou shalt without fail deliver the children of Ammon into mine hands,

Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD's, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering.

Read on to 11:40 and you will see that Jephthah's daughter was sacrificed as a burnt offering....What better way than throw her into a volcano. Saves all that messy gathering of wood, plus they had no matches or Bic lighters back then.
Well Jephthah's daughter was not sacrificed, because the God of the Bible did not agree with the killing of humans for such. She was to remain in God's service for the rest of her life, and never to marry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2009, 04:00 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,043 posts, read 30,764,476 times
Reputation: 12223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well Jephthah's daughter was not sacrificed, because the God of the Bible did not agree with the killing of humans for such. She was to remain in God's service for the rest of her life, and never to marry.
Geez, I thought you knew the bible. She certainly was sacrificed...Jephthah vowed to sacrifice her as a burnt offering in 11:31...It's as plain as the nose on your face.

Judge's 11:39 And it came to pass at the end of two months, that she returned unto her father, who did with her according to his vow which he had vowed: and she knew no man. And it was a custom in Israel,

"And it was the custom in Israel" to me means that human sacrifices not only happened, but were common.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2009, 05:01 PM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,690,305 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Geez, I thought you knew the bible. She certainly was sacrificed...Jephthah vowed to sacrifice her as a burnt offering in 11:31...It's as plain as the nose on your face.

Judge's 11:39 And it came to pass at the end of two months, that she returned unto her father, who did with her according to his vow which he had vowed: and she knew no man. And it was a custom in Israel,

"And it was the custom in Israel" to me means that human sacrifices not only happened, but were common.
No that never happened, and God would not allow the killing of an innocent person to be sacrificed to Him. Because to do so, would be murder. Jephthah could not make good on his vow, because murder would not be accepted by God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2009, 05:11 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,043 posts, read 30,764,476 times
Reputation: 12223
You are denying the bible???

Your bible makes it plain that it did happen...Deny it all you want, but it is there for all to see. It is one of the few verses in the bible that doesn't need to be interpreted.

God murdered or commanded the murder of many thousands of men, women and children. Why would he balk at one more? That is why I refer to the bible as the book of blood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2009, 08:06 AM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,690,305 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You are denying the bible???

Your bible makes it plain that it did happen...Deny it all you want, but it is there for all to see. It is one of the few verses in the bible that doesn't need to be interpreted.

God murdered or commanded the murder of many thousands of men, women and children. Why would he balk at one more? That is why I refer to the bible as the book of blood.
Jephthah made a vow to God saying if he delivered his people from the people of Ammon he would offer a burnt offering to God. Whatever comes out of his house first, would be the burnt offering. And of course we know, it was his daughter than came out first. God does not allow for innocent human sacrifice to be offered to Him. So right there we have a problem. The literal sacrifice of a human being was (strictly forbidden in the Mosaic Law.) And such a sacrifice would be totally unacceptable to God. The only other way around such a vow, is if the person could be offered as a living sacrifice. Another words, it the person in question offered their life in service to God. However, even that would be voluntary. Yet in order for Jephthah to fulfill his vow to God, Jephthah daughter tells him in Judges 30:36,37 "My father", she replied, "you have given your word to the LORD. Do to me just as you promised, now that the LORD has avenged you of your enemies, the Ammonites. But grant me this one request," she said. "Give me two months to roam the hills and weep with my friends, because I will never marry." Jephthah's daughter is not weeping in the hills with her friends because she is about to die, she is weeping in the hills, because her life will be in service to God, and not to a husband. And I might add here, there is no Scripture that shows us that Jephthah murdered his daughter by human sacrifice, which again, was (forbidden in the Mosaic Law.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2009, 12:35 PM
 
4,512 posts, read 6,591,434 times
Reputation: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Jephthah made a vow to God saying if he delivered his people from the people of Ammon he would offer a burnt offering to God. Whatever comes out of his house first, would be the burnt offering. And of course we know, it was his daughter than came out first. God does not allow for innocent human sacrifice to be offered to Him. So right there we have a problem. The literal sacrifice of a human being was (strictly forbidden in the Mosaic Law.) And such a sacrifice would be totally unacceptable to God. The only other way around such a vow, is if the person could be offered as a living sacrifice. Another words, it the person in question offered their life in service to God. However, even that would be voluntary. Yet in order for Jephthah to fulfill his vow to God, Jephthah daughter tells him in Judges 30:36,37 "My father", she replied, "you have given your word to the LORD. Do to me just as you promised, now that the LORD has avenged you of your enemies, the Ammonites. But grant me this one request," she said. "Give me two months to roam the hills and weep with my friends, because I will never marry." Jephthah's daughter is not weeping in the hills with her friends because she is about to die, she is weeping in the hills, because her life will be in service to God, and not to a husband. And I might add here, there is no Scripture that shows us that Jephthah murdered his daughter by human sacrifice, which again, was (forbidden in the Mosaic Law.)

if i - for one and once - may take this to a - god forbid!!! - deep level then it might be a black magic spell with long-term mass hypnotic effects.

Get it behind us, for pete's sakes!!!!!

Last edited by effie g-tad; 02-01-2009 at 12:37 PM.. Reason: man - kind?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2009, 02:29 PM
 
1 posts, read 870 times
Reputation: 11
Thumbs up what a chicken ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
I have some questions about the Lake of Fire.
Beyond any doubt I am head for it, many people have already told me.
So I'd like to be prepared...
Surely it will be very hot. I would like to avoid the Lake's surface. Does anyone know if the Lake of Fire has a boat rental facility? If yes, are the rates by the hour, day, or week?
Also, maybe I'd like to do some fishing. What kind of fish can I expect to catch? Will there be a bait and tackle shop nearby?
Does the Lake of Fire have a sandy beach? It sure would be nice to relax once in a while.
Are there any secluded coves where I can sometimes get away from the vast multitude of sinners?
what if we all are bound for the lake, does that mean that you are a cristian. or like is you fate to go to hell or tha lake did god plan for that I know who you are punk lol. So if we are out of bounds whend did you have sex or han **un leagal thought. bay the way english is just a language not as fast as light. got is smarter than light your lyou rlogic .so who cares. we will diel... all of us ...one day so i am trying to be as ligical as possible..well....wee we will aslll die one day and have to meat the lord jesuusss... allegely if he really exists wichi im asioj;dlsfjals;kdfjslk;fdjslf;kjsl;kjsdfl;ksjflskd fjl;kfdjsl;kdfjsdfl;kjsdlfr4oieroiwrejio
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top