U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 07:45 PM

2,981 posts, read 4,307,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxolan View Post
Actually, beyond the joke, I wonder just how much is known about the Christian hell. What bible verses do we have?
Enoch saw everything when archangels took him on a tour of the created universe. After Enoch wrote the foundational doctrines, for all his descendants, and we are all descended from Enoch.
They are not laid as foundation a second time by Moses or the prophets or Jesus, because God had spoken to all men about these foundational doctrines through Enoch, before the flood.
After Enoch, all the foundational doctrines are mentioned as truth already laid out, in the OT and NT, and thankfully, the LORD didn't rewrite it all again, like the so called MSM does on a daily basis when they are doing their so called "journalism" news, and repeat non-stop through their, so called, news reports all the propanganda of the things they are, so called, reporting on.
From Genesis to Revelation, and in the Gospel accounts of Jesus, all spoke of Sheol below earth and of the lake of fire in the same manner that Enoch had revealed them, as shown to him by the archangels.
But Enoch saw more than the lake of fire and Sheol below earth. He saw the Son of Man in heaven, who was with God, hidden, and who was God, and who was to come, and in whose name the sinners who call on Him were to be saved, for the regeneration of the heavens and the earth, to dwell in their translated bodies made for glory, and to be glorified and live forever, united with the Father of Glory through the Son who is come and who is the Redeemer/Kinsman to our fallen human race.

http://www.ccel.org/c/charles/otpseudepig/enoch.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 07:53 PM

2,981 posts, read 4,307,342 times
Enoch visits the Lake/Abyss of Fire =chaos, made for the devil and his angels; and Enoch visits Sheol beneath earth, where there were separate places for the souls to wait their appointments with God.

Quote:
[Chapter 21]
1,2 And I proceeded to where things were chaotic. And I saw there something horrible: I saw neither 3 a heaven above nor a firmly founded earth, but a place chaotic and horrible. And there I saw 4 seven stars of the heaven bound together in it, like great mountains and burning with fire. Then 5 I said: 'For what sin are they bound, and on what account have they been cast in hither?' Then said Uriel, one of the holy angels, who was with me, and was chief over them, and said: 'Enoch, why 6 dost thou ask, and why art thou eager for the truth? These are of the number of the stars of heaven, which have transgressed the commandment of the Lord, and are bound here till ten thousand years, 7 the time entailed by their sins, are consummated.' And from thence I went to another place, which was still more horrible than the former, and I saw a horrible thing: a great fire there which burnt and blazed, and the place was cleft as far as the abyss, being full of great descending columns of 8 fire: neither its extent or magnitude could I see, nor could I conjecture. Then I said: 'How 9 fearful is the place and how terrible to look upon!' Then Uriel answered me, one of the holy angels who was with me, and said unto me: 'Enoch, why hast thou such fear and affright?' And 10 I answered: 'Because of this fearful place, and because of the spectacle of the pain.' And he said unto me: 'This place is the prison of the angels, and here they will be imprisoned for ever.'

[Chapter 22]
1 And thence I went to another place, and he mountain [and] of hard rock. 2 And there was in it four hollow places, deep and wide and very smooth. How smooth are the hollow places and deep and dark to look at. 3 Then Raphael answered, one of the holy angels who was with me, and said unto me: 'These hollow places have been created for this very purpose, that the spirits of the souls of the dead should 4 assemble therein, yea that all the souls of the children of men should assemble here.
And these places have been made to receive them till the day of their judgement and till their appointed period [till the period appointed], till the great judgement (comes) upon them.' I saw (the spirit of) a dead man making suit, 5 and his voice went forth to heaven and made suit. And I asked Raphael the angel who was 6 with me, and I said unto him: 'This spirit which maketh suit, whose is it, whose voice goeth forth and maketh suit to heaven ?' 7 And he answered me saying: 'This is the spirit which went forth from Abel, whom his brother Cain slew, and he makes his suit against him till his seed is destroyed from the face of the earth, and his seed is annihilated from amongst the seed of men.'

8 The I asked regarding it, and regarding all the hollow places: 'Why is one separated from the other?' 9 And he answered me and said unto me: 'These three have been made that the spirits of the dead might be separated. And such a division has been make (for) the spirits of the righteous, in which there is the bright spring of 10 water.

And such has been made for sinners when they die and are buried in the earth and judgement has not been executed on them in their 11 lifetime. Here their spirits shall be set apart in this great pain till the great day of judgement and punishment and torment of those who curse for ever and retribution for their spirits. There 12 He shall bind them for ever.

And such a division has been made for the spirits of those who make their suit, who make disclosures concerning their destruction, when they were slain in the days 13 of the sinners.

Such has been made for the spirits of men who were not righteous but sinners, who were complete in transgression, and of the transgressors they shall be companions: but their spirits shall not be slain in the day of judgement nor shall they be raised from thence.' 14 The I blessed the Lord of glory and said: 'Blessed be my Lord, the Lord of righteousness,

Old 09-24-2009, 09:51 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,390,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
One good thing about fishing in the Lake of Fire is that any fish you catch will already be fried so you won't have to bother with cooking. I would recommend a boat with a very thick hull and some heavy duty air conditioning. Apparently I will also be a resident at this location, or so I've been told, so I hope I really won't be gnashing my teeth because I've spent so much money on dental work. I'm hoping to find some hot chicks down there (well, they're bound to be hot ) and maybe eternity won't be so bad afterall.
Hey! Where'd you get the AC? They said I can't take that with me when I go. I've been sent to hell several times but I'm not there yet! I don't wanna fish but I guess I can start smoking.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:33 AM

40,057 posts, read 29,731,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I've been sent to hell several times but I'm not there yet! I don't wanna fish but I guess I can start smoking.
And you won't even have to ask anyone for a match!

Old 09-26-2009, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
And you won't even have to ask anyone for a match!
LOL and I can just inhale myself
Have you seen the joke about Hell... I won't post it here cuz some might be offended but here is the link: Hell joke, Jokes on Hell, Funny Jokes

Old 09-26-2009, 12:28 AM

1,647 posts, read 1,708,573 times
isn't the lake of fire called "second death" - I will never get why so many believe death means actually a "wretched life", whatever such life will look like. If mortal men are thrown in a lake of fire (if we assume it's a literal fire) should we not suppose they would instantly perish, fade away, die - what scripture indicates otherwise?

Old 09-26-2009, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
isn't the lake of fire called "second death" - I will never get why so many believe death means actually a "wretched life", whatever such life will look like. If mortal men are thrown in a lake of fire (if we assume it's a literal fire) should we not suppose they would instantly perish, fade away, die - what scripture indicates otherwise?
On the contrary, I think I can show that no one is thrown in the lake of fire at all:

Romans 8: 29-31 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified. What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

Who did God "foreknow?"
Psalm 139:13-16
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be

God knew all His creation before they were even formed. So He foreknew all creation. All of us are written in His book.

If you look at ch. 20 of revelation you will see that Satan, the beast, hell, and hades are thrown in the lake of fire... and also those NOT written in the book of Life... all God's creation are written in His book so that would me no one else is in the lake of fire.

Besides if hell is thrown in hell that would be silly. Hell and the lake of fire are two different burning nightmares.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality