U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 10:19 PM

11,449 posts, read 13,927,499 times

Advertisements

I have some questions about the Lake of Fire.
Beyond any doubt I am head for it, many people have already told me.
So I'd like to be prepared...
Surely it will be very hot. I would like to avoid the Lake's surface. Does anyone know if the Lake of Fire has a boat rental facility? If yes, are the rates by the hour, day, or week?
Also, maybe I'd like to do some fishing. What kind of fish can I expect to catch? Will there be a bait and tackle shop nearby?
Does the Lake of Fire have a sandy beach? It sure would be nice to relax once in a while.
Are there any secluded coves where I can sometimes get away from the vast multitude of sinners?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 11:19 PM

971 posts, read 1,503,340 times
Actually, beyond the joke, I wonder just how much is known about the Christian hell. What bible verses do we have?

Old 01-28-2009, 11:22 PM

37,573 posts, read 25,275,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Surely it will be very hot. I would like to avoid the Lake's surface. Does anyone know if the Lake of Fire has a boat rental facility? If yes, are the rates by the hour, day, or week?
Also, maybe I'd like to do some fishing. What kind of fish can I expect to catch? Will there be a bait and tackle shop nearby?
Does the Lake of Fire have a sandy beach? It sure would be nice to relax once in a while.
Are there any secluded coves where I can sometimes get away from the vast multitude of sinners?
No idea about the amenities . . . but approximately 70% of our universe is composed of "Lakes of Fire" . . . called galaxies held together by Dark Matter (comprised of the same unmeasurable substance that probably comprises those "flames" of consciousness that are produced by our brain and travel outward into the universe like the flames of a fire). That would make the chances about 70% that the "Lake of Fire" you are concerned about is real . . . right?

Old 01-29-2009, 02:53 PM

40,057 posts, read 29,747,992 times
There sure is a secluded cove. But if I put it out here on the internet, then it wouldn't be so secluded any more! (As to fish, yeah, you can catch fish. There's devilfish all over the place).

Old 01-29-2009, 03:03 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,457,452 times
Quote:
For your sake I really hope not

Old 01-29-2009, 03:05 PM

4,669 posts, read 3,907,484 times
Quote:

weak.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:12 PM

6,564 posts, read 11,897,772 times
Quote:
I can explain the lake of fire.

One time I was eating at a Chinese place up on Lake City Way in Seattle (actually, Shoreline). I wasn't really familiar with Chinese food's nuances, but I'd always been able to eat my Mexican food pretty hot. So I asked for the hot oil, and they brought me a teeny dish of maroon stuff about the width of a Kennedy half dollar. I dumped it on my Kung Pao Chicken (naturally, ordered with 5* heat), mixed it in real good, then began to eat--making sure to eat the red peppers as well. Within five minutes, my mouth was a small lake of fire that nothing would quench.

All the legends and stories and tales about a lake of fire are ways in which a true story and a real event gained momentum in the retelling.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:36 PM

589 posts, read 1,317,119 times
The Lake of Fire is real. The Bible said on Judgment Day there will be loud weepings and gnashing of teeth when the resurrected humans are told their names are not listed in the Book of Life. This revelation is from God, even the demons tremble at the prospect of going into the Lake burning with brimstone.

REV. 12: And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13: And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14: And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15: And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:41 PM

971 posts, read 1,503,340 times
Thanks. Is that it or is hell mentioned elsewhere?

Old 01-29-2009, 03:49 PM

7,916 posts, read 16,414,142 times
One good thing about fishing in the Lake of Fire is that any fish you catch will already be fried so you won't have to bother with cooking. I would recommend a boat with a very thick hull and some heavy duty air conditioning. Apparently I will also be a resident at this location, or so I've been told, so I hope I really won't be gnashing my teeth because I've spent so much money on dental work. I'm hoping to find some hot chicks down there (well, they're bound to be hot ) and maybe eternity won't be so bad afterall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality