U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2010, 10:54 AM

30,046 posts, read 30,797,258 times

Advertisements

You need to stay on those meds...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 03:00 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,731,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The difference between you and myself is that I know God. I have heard His voice, and have had numerous enounters with Him. I have also had encounters with demons. You are living in your humanistic midset, and have no knowledge of real life spiritual experiences. And that is because you have no knowledge of things beyond the flesh. You can always make an arguement for coincidence. Yet after a lifetime of such coincidences occuring on cue. Only the unrealistic will believe this all came about by chance.

Oh, and I did not get to keep that red balloon either. I tried to keep it, and I put it in my truck. Yet before I could close the door a strong wind came and blew it out of my truck. I saw it blow west, so who is to say? It may of returned from where it came.

Sounds to me like you have a case of Schizophrenia and and need to be on medication. Auditory hallucinations are a key symptom. Demons, sounds like Schizo or another psychological disorder .. You need to get help.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:39 AM

7,654 posts, read 9,696,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Sounds to me like you have a case of Schizophrenia and and need to be on medication. Auditory hallucinations are a key symptom. Demons, sounds like Schizo or another psychological disorder .. You need to get help.
Well of course, that is the only conclusion you could draw. And that is because you have no knowledge of spiritual things. The fact is, I did get help from other Christians who prayed with me on the morning of Dec. 15, 1973. Some of them present experience the same demons I had experienced. One of the demons refused to go. And the women across from me told him that if he did not leave he would be destroyed. I then heard the demon say. "Better to be destroyed then to burn in Hell". Shortly after that, I began to hear him beg for his life, others heard that to. The woman across from me then stated she could see what was happening, and could see him burning up on the floor. From that time forward, most of the demonic activity that I had experienced over the last six months ended. I still have the tapes from 37 years ago. And from time to time, is still listen to them.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:45 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,731,997 times
Quote:
Well of course, that is the only conclusion you could draw. And that is because you have no knowledge of spiritual things. The fact is, I did get help from other Christians who prayed with me on the morning of Dec. 15, 1973. Some of them present experience the same demons I had experienced. One of the demons refused to go. And the women across from me told him that if he did not leave he would be destroyed. I then heard the demon say. "Better to be destroyed then to burn in Hell". Shortly after that, I began to hear him beg for his life, others heard that to. The woman across from me then stated she could see what was happening, and could see him burning up on the floor. From that time forward, most of the demonic activity that I had experienced over the last six months ended. I still have the tapes from 37 years ago. And from time to time, is still listen to them.

You don't need help for others praying for you and praying on you and your illness by entertaining your delusions, you need to go to an actual doctor and get real help. I had a friend that was diagnosed 12 years ago, talked about similar experiences as you. Praying will do nothing for you, you need a real medical intervention.

And please stop telling me I do not know anything of the "spiritual things" there is a real difference in spiritual and delusions.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:00 AM

7,654 posts, read 9,696,719 times
Quote:
You don't need help for others praying for you and praying on you and your illness by entertaining your delusions, you need to go to an actual doctor and get real help. I had a friend that was diagnosed 12 years ago, talked about similar experiences as you. Praying will do nothing for you, you need a real medical intervention.

And please stop telling me I do not know anything of the "spiritual things" there is a real difference in spiritual and delusions.

Well, there are often good reasons for people to see doctors. And sometimes that is necessary. However in the case of the demonic. The drugs can be worse then the demons. Often after such drug therapy the person on the receiving end can't even remember their name. Now the drug my block the manifestations, yet at what a cost. You have people walking around like zombies. And they can barley funtion. That is not a cure, not even close. You just added another problem to the persons life. No doubt I could of been in that same situation. However when those Christian prayed for me, all the manifestations ended that very day. Now if you ever find yourself in such a condition. Which would you choose? Three hours of prayer, or a lifetime of drug dependency. Prayer did everything for me, and for you to suggest it can't. Such a statement only confirms to me, you have little knowledge of spiritual things. And you know nothing about the power of prayer.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:16 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,090,205 times
Quote:
Well, there are often good reasons for people to see doctors. And sometimes that is necessary. However in the case of the demonic. The drugs can be worse then the demons. Often after such drug therapy the person on the receiving end can't even remember their name. Now the drug my block the manifestations, yet at what a cost. You have people walking around like zombies. And they can barley funtion. That is not a cure, not even close. You just added another problem to the persons life. No doubt I could of been in that same situation. However when those Christian prayed for me, all the manifestations ended that very day. Now if you ever find yourself in such a condition. Which would you choose? Three hours of prayer, or a lifetime of drug dependency. Prayer did everything for me, and for you to suggest it can't. Such a statement only confirms to me, you have little knowledge of spiritual things. And you know nothing about the power of prayer.
Man...you've got it bad. Have you been visited by any alien spacemen lately?

Old 10-12-2010, 07:00 AM

478 posts, read 639,244 times
Quote:

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I am fully with Nea 1 on this one. He appears to have a good grasp of that which is spiritual- as well as the ability to discern between that which is healthy and unhealthy. However, in your defense, Campbell; clearly you have done what you believed would best "quell" these demons in order that you may live your life. And so that's great- if YOU believe that you are A-OK then I can't really condemn you. We all have our ways of dealing with life and muddling through it as best we can.

However, Campbell, irregardless of how well you rationalize the way you chose to deal with your experience, and how "OK" you think you may be- the fact remains that there is certainly quite a bit of denial on your part. And you absolutely refuse to see that and investigate other avenues that could, and no doubt WOULD improve your quality of life and all-around ability to enjoy yourself fully- and spiritually. Your inability to face and accept logic and the world around you for what it is, and the beauty therein speaks volumes. Hiding behind the mindset and false reality you have created for yourself is only interfering with your ability to appreciate and enjoy life- I hardly think that investigating some medicines could possibly be any where near as impeding as what you are doing to yourself, of your own volition.

I believe I have enough personal experience to speak on this matter; I have a very close friend who was constantly being rattled by "demons"- in dreams as well as while she was fully awake. Now to her- these demons/delusions/whatever were TOTALLY real as you or me! But thank goodness she had the cognizance, intellect AND spiritual understanding and wherewithall to realize that she was ill, and needed mental, psychiatric, and clinical help to enable her to live her life. It didn't happen overnight; she tried various meds and combinations thereof; some of which "zombified" her. NOT what she was willing to live with. But with time, and some experimentation, she finally found the "right" mix of meds that enabled her to think clearly, be herself, AND rid her of whatever chemical impbalance within her brain that was causing her to hallucinate and have delusions. She, and you too- had/have a CHEMICAL, PHYSICAL IMBALANCE! Much like depression, bi-polar disorder, or any other such mental issue. And treating/dealing with such a thing is no different than treating diabetes, thyroid issues, or any other physical impairment. Would you just "pray" your way out of diabetes, and "pray" away the need to balance your insulin with external medication? I tend to doubt it...

Anyway after all that I do want to comment on the OP- I do tend to agree that Santa and "god" have a lot in common. In fact, when I was little and first learned of both- I actually thought god and santa were almost EXACTLY the same, and equal in power and importance because they seemed to have these amazing powers! And yes, just as soon as children realize that Santa is a mythical being, they are of the mindset to begin to question other things that aren't quite what they seem, or have been illustrated to be. Children take things at people's words, but eventually- they start to think on their one and make their own decisions based on their own thoughts, ideas and how both relate to the world around them. And their ideas about religion should, ideally, not be any exception.

Old 10-12-2010, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helios666 View Post
I'm sorry, but I am fully with Nea 1 on this one. He appears to have a good grasp of that which is spiritual- as well as the ability to discern between that which is healthy and unhealthy. However, in your defense, Campbell; clearly you have done what you believed would best "quell" these demons in order that you may live your life. And so that's great- if YOU believe that you are A-OK then I can't really condemn you. We all have our ways of dealing with life and muddling through it as best we can.

However, Campbell, irregardless of how well you rationalize the way you chose to deal with your experience, and how "OK" you think you may be- the fact remains that there is certainly quite a bit of denial on your part. And you absolutely refuse to see that and investigate other avenues that could, and no doubt WOULD improve your quality of life and all-around ability to enjoy yourself fully- and spiritually. Your inability to face and accept logic and the world around you for what it is, and the beauty therein speaks volumes. Hiding behind the mindset and false reality you have created for yourself is only interfering with your ability to appreciate and enjoy life- I hardly think that investigating some medicines could possibly be any where near as impeding as what you are doing to yourself, of your own volition.

I believe I have enough personal experience to speak on this matter; I have a very close friend who was constantly being rattled by "demons"- in dreams as well as while she was fully awake. Now to her- these demons/delusions/whatever were TOTALLY real as you or me! But thank goodness she had the cognizance, intellect AND spiritual understanding and wherewithall to realize that she was ill, and needed mental, psychiatric, and clinical help to enable her to live her life. It didn't happen overnight; she tried various meds and combinations thereof; some of which "zombified" her. NOT what she was willing to live with. But with time, and some experimentation, she finally found the "right" mix of meds that enabled her to think clearly, be herself, AND rid her of whatever chemical impbalance within her brain that was causing her to hallucinate and have delusions. She, and you too- had/have a CHEMICAL, PHYSICAL IMBALANCE! Much like depression, bi-polar disorder, or any other such mental issue. And treating/dealing with such a thing is no different than treating diabetes, thyroid issues, or any other physical impairment. Would you just "pray" your way out of diabetes, and "pray" away the need to balance your insulin with external medication? I tend to doubt it...

Anyway after all that I do want to comment on the OP- I do tend to agree that Santa and "god" have a lot in common. In fact, when I was little and first learned of both- I actually thought god and santa were almost EXACTLY the same, and equal in power and importance because they seemed to have these amazing powers! And yes, just as soon as children realize that Santa is a mythical being, they are of the mindset to begin to question other things that aren't quite what they seem, or have been illustrated to be. Children take things at people's words, but eventually- they start to think on their one and make their own decisions based on their own thoughts, ideas and how both relate to the world around them. And their ideas about religion should, ideally, not be any exception.
Yep but even Santa has not been required to come back from the dead.

Old 10-23-2010, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Some of them present experienced the same demons I had experienced. One of the demons refused to go.
Hey!! They're called nightmares...Get Over It Already!!

Old 10-23-2010, 11:26 AM

15,629 posts, read 9,204,804 times
Actually, contrary to the OP's assertion, I could see an argument being made for Santa/Christmas being a sort of gateway drug to God/Christianity.

Little kids can enjoy the Santa story/Christmas traditions and then witness the tangible results: gifts. At around 8 years old their minds are developed enough that they can grasp concepts such as God and the blessings (intangible gifts) that belief is supposed to offer. The other trappings of Christmas - various traditions and habits - also translate fairly fluidly to Church rituals (like rosary, confession, candles, prayer, etc). Hell, maybe stringing those goddamned cranberries and popcorn should be considered kiddie stigmata!

Anyway, I was raised Jewish and never thought Santa was real. I grew up in a Presby enclave of a Catholic town so was exposed to a variety of religious experiences and plenty of literature. Maybe that's why I never questioned but always assumed (oops) that these various bible stories were just that - stories, like aesops fables.

My impression from the OP is not so much that s/he wishes people didn't believe in god - but that they would stop participating in organized religion - specifically, Christianity. To me, those are two and a half different things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality